It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baboons' Bizarre Behaviour Baffles Dutch Zoo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Is there video footage of the unusual baboon behaviour? After it happening 3 times before, I'd hope they'd have been ready to start recording at the first sign of this odd behaviour reoccurring. Is this behaviour determinable by anybody, or do you have to have a little familiarity with baboons to know that something was up?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

HuffPost has a video. You wouldn't need to be an expert to tell their behavior is weird. They're all hiding in trees or clumped together on a corner of the island. They won't come down for food and are fearful to grab it even if it's tossed right at their feet. Occasionally a bold male will venture out away from the group for a bit, only to come running back screaming and hollering.

I found another report from an animal interpreter who visited the park during the hysteria in '07. She then said there was an unfamiliar threat spooking the baboons, operating at a higher frequency level than is perceivable by humans. She said the thing that scared them was present for a few days and it then took the baboons another few days to realize that the thing had left and relax.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Symer

Watching that, I wouldn't know if it was unusual behaviour at all. If I went on youtube and found some videos of baboons behaving normally, what would be the obvious difference? If those baboons were all supposed to be in fear there, why were some of the baboons right over where the mob with it's backs turned to us were looking? They didn't seem too terrified. More like curious.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
yeah it is unheard of that baboons would sit in trees or on the ground... they are usually flying around.

and for them giving visitors their backs... they always do that... at least when i go. MAYBE I AM THE CAUSE!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Yeah, it would be a bit difficult to spot aberrant behavior from a short youtube video. But you can see how quiet they are, how they're sitting still and staring off in the distance. But you'd really have to go there I suppose and observe them for a bit to get a real feel for the situation. And then go again a week later to really note the difference. To hear how loud they can be and how actively they normally roam the island, looking for food.

The reporter remarked how sad they all look, like they were in mourning.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Maybe they got sick and spread the germ to each other. Since they stopped eating, they could have had a stomach flu or something similar. They should do blood tests to eliminate this possibility. I know if I get a stomach flu, I don't feel like doing much either.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Perhaps their zoo is haunted. Animals are hyper sensitive to evil spirits. I'd hate for something demonic to be in there and those poor baboons unable to flee their pen.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
After reviewing the video it seems they are facing the direction of the "unknown" threat. All of them. Some can't even see over the rock pile but still face the same direction as the rest. Alarm calls are evident (that "'barking" call).

Since they can't see the threat then it must be audible. If the authorities are really trying to figure this out, they should monitor their audible frequency range (different than humans).

But I doubt they care that much, look at that rock pile prison they are all confined too.

I hate zoos.

edit on 3-8-2013 by intrptr because: changes

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I wonder if there is any CCTV footage of the people who visited the zoo on that particular day. I think one, or possibly more, of the visitors spooked them up. All the pieces of the jigsaw are starting to come together at a very fast rate as to what's really going on. Who are these people that seem to possess special powers the majority of homo sapiens do not have. It's no wonder all the baboons were turning their backs on the visitors for a couple of days. They obviously had seen someone, or something, visually traumatic that upset them really bad.

edit on 3-8-2013 by arianna because: text

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Would love to see video of the crowds, maybe you would see Damien from the omen.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Originally posted by BobAthome
they just realized,,"its a cage",,,,,,

There's truth there, more than you think.
Now, imagine one of them became aware they are in captivity, and somehow managed to transfer the message to rest of the group.
Voila, we have a case of mass histeria, example from the book.

truth is birds of a feather,,,move together,,
Baboons colonize.
What can u not see with the human ,eye, or smell with the human nose. But will kill u or your Colony?

Disease.can Baboons smell,Disease?

they just realized,,"its a cage",,there in.

edit on 3-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Testing mind control devices on them. What better way to break up a crowd that's rioting ( and storming government buildings or warehouses for food) than to make them become withdrawn and fearful.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I just realized who would be perfect to analyze this... Temple Grandin!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symer
Cool! A local story made it to ATS! I live near the zoo and my sister works there. Here's the latest:

The zoo has been flooded with responses from the public, psychics and animal interpreters, all offering help and theories. What we know is this: the last three times were in 1994, 1997 and 2007. In 94 and 97 the bizarre behavior lasted about 4 days, in 2007 it lasted 6 days. In '07 (late March-early April) the entire group kept staring in the direction of the African Savanna, which has giraffes, rhinos, hippos and zebras. Here is a map of the zoo, the baboons are at 31, the Savanna is number 25.

Those are the facts, now the theories: the zoo keepers looked at weather, local earthquakes, anomalies of the sun and moon at those times but can't find an answer. In 2007 reports came that UFOs had been sighted over the zoo and a local ufologist claimed that similar sightings had been made in 94 and 97. i remember a episode of the x-files with a gorilla in it on the subject of ufo's and scared animals in zoo's

An animal interpreter visited the zoo yesterday and claims to have made contact with the troop's leader. She has learned that an invisible and unknown enemy caused one of the baboons to be in mortal fear and this spooked the rest of the troop. In nature the troop would flee the area, but since they're in a zoo they're effectively trapped. This is why the behavior of this particular troop isn't seen in nature. She further claims the threat has something to do with "three fingers". Whether the baboons spotted a visitor with 3 fingers or thought one of the caretakers had only 3 fingers, she couldn't say.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I love the fact that the reporter seems like a real person....rather than the plastics we have here.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well, obviously; the 100th Monkey just figured it all out.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Looking at the dates, it looks like this incident may have occurred around the time we had the near miss of a massive sun flare. If so, then the flare may have triggered their reaction.

You think?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Another strange occurrence happened on monday.. it was the grand sixtine where the planet's create the star of David pattern known to be used in demon magic. I feel it has a lot to do with that alignment.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
First i think the simple layout of the exhibit dismisses the notion that it was someone in the crowd that spooked them. Look at that thing, are you really telling me that if those monkeys were upset or frightened then they would cower and not lash out considering the numbers.

For some reason i was expecting a larger divide between the animals and the people, as well as some kind of protective glass or fencing to keep them apart. Maybe that's just cause i am an American though.

Look at them, they are acting like people watching something happening from a distance, something they just don't understand. That's not a reaction to any predatory influence or fearful stigma. It is plain curiosity, they sense something outside them that is attracting their attention and holding it.

If they were looking towards the North East, could they have been looking towards Magnetic north?

edit on 4-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

That's not a reaction to any predatory influence or fearful stigma.

How do we explain the alarm calls though? In the wild this is definitely, watch out theres trouble over there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join