It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a Rebuttle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
okay.. so I've been going back/forth with a buddy of mine via EMAIL about the election and Bush.. here the last email he sent to me and I'd like your guys views on this and info on the stats he gave me to check if they are true or not.

******EMAIL**************
I finally took a day and sat down to read all the emails that have been sent back and forth during these last few weeks prior to the election.

I guess I should weigh in with my lil 2 cents.

President Bush was re-elected with a mandate. It is CLEAR that his agenda is America's agenda.

Here are some interesting numbers to back this claim up with:

1. Bush won among a majority of all males (55%)
2. Bush split the female vote evenly with Kerry
3. Bush received a combined THIRD of the minority vote (over 50% being combined Black and hispanic voters)
4. Bush was almost evenly split with Kerry with the MTV vote (45% 18-29yo)
5. Bush won a majority of the senior vote (54% 60 and up)
6. Bush carried over a third of the "low" income voters. (42% of below 50,000.00)
7. Bush won a majority of all HS grad only only and 4yr college grads and was split with post grad levels
8. Bush won approx 60 million votes Kerry won 55.5 million votes. Other won 1.1 million votes. So even by adding in the third party votes Kerry is still way behind.

(These results came from the Edison Media Research group and were printed in the Thursday Modesto Bee.)

As of Thursday President Bush has pledged sweeping reforms of Social Security and of the Tax Code. That is not the talk of a LAME DUCK.

Ok my next point is in regards to this idea that WE the WINNERS most some how reach out to the other side. WHY?????? They LOST.

I am always amazed at how those in the left are always yelling about how we in the right need to have an open mind to their views, plans and ideas. They have lost in every major election since 1994, the 96 election of Bill Clinton not withstanding seeing as how he had to move right to win (i.e. Welfare reform and the abandonment of Universal Health Care). Still the talking heads in the liberal left are saying that we must reach out to try and heal a nation so badly divided.

As of today the Republican party has the White House, House of Reps, Senate, and a majority of all State Govenorships. I think it is becoming very clear what America is trying to say. It is also clear as to who is truly out of touch.

So in conclusion I will answer some earlier questions possed by our liberal friend. Am I better off today that I was 4 years ago??? HELL YES I AM. I believe I will better off in 4 years than I am now. DO I think we have "MADE" more terrorist? NO, lets face it they were already made. The radical Islamists hated us before the first soldier set foot in Iraq. I am not so delusional as to think our Liberal friend will ever see it our way, but maybe one day he will see the light.

******EMAIL**************

I'd love to stick it to the guy but have had NO time to be online at all.. so I'm hoping the ATS crew can help me out on this, unless the guy is legit with this email..

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You could destroy his argument fairly easily, but I don't think you'll do it using Liberal dogma.

The key to the black and white conservative is that they don't realize that there is more to it than the slim margin of issues played out on the stage of American politics like a Broadway show.

- The cause of Middle Eastern anger (which is very very involved, so that may be difficult unless you really have time to read)

- The major defection of the DNC and the RNC against the American people

- The influence of lobby vs. the influence of the people (moving towards the former)

- The slow clogging of America through legislation, red tape, taxation, etc.

Just some ideas. Be happy to discuss further. But the main thing most liberals and conservatives have in common is the distain they have for the enemy (the other side).

You can crush most people there

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I could argue against this dude from a conservative standpoint...
It actually wouldn't be that hard.....

Here's somethins about the last part of his email: Yes it is true that the terrorists hated us before the first U.S. soldier set foot in Iraq; however, they did not start hating us simply for no reason. It goes back much farther than Bush. For decades, the United States has attempted to play powerbroker in the region. If he denies this, then he is simply ignorant of history. In my opinion, the United States has meddled in the affairs of other countries too much, particularly when it wasn't even vital to our security or interests.

Also, the email asks why the "winners" must reach out to the other side....If it doesn't happen, I don't think Bush can reform Social Security...then he will be a lame duck president.

The question he asks "Are you better off now than four years ago" is a largely subjective one. Some are better off, some are the same, some are worse off.

Also, point out that there isn't really all that much difference between Bush and Kerry....I'm sure that'll get him upset.
No Child Left Behind was written by Ted Kennedy. In fact the only real criticism Democrats have of it is that we aren't spending enough money on it. The same is true of the Medicare prescription drug benefit.

Also, he tries to make sound as if Bush has a sweeping mandate, but his figures are misleading. I am sure the figures he provided are correct, but it is broken up into different demographics. The popular vote won by both candidates is relatively close.

join