It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing McStay Family

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chazam

FALLBROOK, Calif. - The author of an explosive new book about the disappearance of a Fallbrook family three years ago said he believes Summer McStay killed her husband and took off with the couple's boys.

"I personally believe that Summer probably killed Joseph and we should be looking for Summer and the two kids, rather than a family of four that decided to just flee on their own," said author

Sounds like a reasonable explanation.

Well taking your whole family somewhere, killing your husband while the kids do something, and abandoning your vehicle walking away with kids, all without body or blood being found and leaving 100k in the bank sounds pretty unreasonable really.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100

Originally posted by Malynn
Really weird story. I've never heard this one before. I read the stories linked earlier in the thread. Very eery. It would be interesting to read the personal emails the author of the book about the mystery had access to.

some email indicated that before they got married, he was trying to find her dad (her family grew up without him), she made it Very clear that he was to stop. Another, one, she resented having to take care of his son from a previous marriage.

link below

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 3-8-2013 by research100 because: dang speling

the fbi is now on the case, here is an interesting tidbit :Investigators say that on Jan. 28, days before they disappeared, someone used the McStay’s computer to find information about travel to Mexico and passports for children.

Read more: ktla.com...
edit on 3-8-2013 by research100 because: added info

I think the letter exchange is clear and in no way showing anyone to be a possible murder. The guy thought the Mom and or his wife wanted to find her dad, so he was looking into it...he was wrong, she did not want "that can of worms" opened it seems and he once told seemed to understand that.

I see nothing weird here in the letters or exchange, unless the dad was already contacted and was some scary gangster or something, that may perhaps lead to your disappearance.

The authorities would know if they located the Dad seems like they would.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
Day tourists don't leave for their trips under cover of darkness without any apparent preparations.

The border is about an hour from their home in north San Diego County. Like thousands of others everyday, they probably just planned to spend a couple of hours in TJ and then planned to drive home. No elaborate preparations needed.
edit on 4-8-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
What is the nationality of Mrs. McStay? The kids are named Gianni, and Guiseppe Mateo McStay. That's pretty Central/South American sounding to me and with names like that they would blend right in.

Those names are Italian.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by CyberGarp

Originally posted by Char-Lee
They would have had to used ID to cross the border so either they had new ID or the part about leaving it behind is wrong.

Not true. I've travelled Mexico on many occasions. I've walked in, driven in, flown in. Only once was I ever asked for ID, and that was entering Quintana Roo by plane. Getting back into the US, well that's another matter, you need ID, you will be questioned, your luggage can spend up to a month in a customs facility being examined, etc.

Really? I went in the 70's have they changed things that much?

I've been to TJ several times in the 80's and 90's, and I never had to show an ID to get into Mexico.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
if you have read or watched any info about the Mexican Cartels, you'd understand that their are thousands of front families in the USA for various distribution needs and safehouses. Even routes are found very similar to the underground railroad but for human / drug / money trafficing.

I doubt the life span for people involved with such a subject live very long or in one place for long.

Also if you take the normality out of the story, ( what we view as normal ) like

The money ( since if he's in a cartel it's not needed or was enticed for more if he came down )
The belongings ( many drug grow sites in national parks in US are littered with goods we would deem important and not worth leaving behind )

If the family was a front like the fountain biz seemed to be, than why is it hard to think they just thought they were hot and went to cool off for a while. Seems like a well rehearsed plot for a movie if I don't say so myself.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

They were most probably fleeing from the government. Decide only way to make it without a trace is leave everything and go. Maybe they know something they should not have or see something. Who know maybe they now forced guests in a new hotel complex in cuba name guantanamo

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
When we say fountains wasn't it large personalized fountains like you would find in a high end office? I don't think it was the kind that you can buy at Wal-Mart.....?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I was raised in Fallbrook Cal. I moved from there around 2005. My mother and close friends still live in Fallbrook, I have read about this a few years ago when this took place and forgot about it till now...3 years and still nothing quite strange indeed...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I agree as far as leaving in a hurry. I've followed this case from the beginning. When they left, it seemed they were in the middle of preparing dinner....food was left out on the counters, none of the mothers eye glasses were taken, but I also understand some suspicion here. WHY, WHY did they need to look up info on the computer regarding getting passports for the children?? I'm also suspicious of the mom, because of all the name changes....this ones a hard nut to crack....I feel so sorry for the boy Joey left behind. From what I understand, he was very close with his 1st son.....I hope the boys, if not the family are found alive.......someday.........

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Martin75
When we say fountains wasn't it large personalized fountains like you would find in a high end office? I don't think it was the kind that you can buy at Wal-Mart.....?

I believe that was the business Joey & I believe his brother were invested in......if I'm mistaken, someone please come along & correct me. But, yes, when all of this first happened I did go to his website where he sold these fountains. They seemed of high quality to me.....not sure if that same page or business is still up??? I was on it only days after we heard they went missing, so I did get to see some beautiful pieces.....

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Either dad came home or their house was haunted. I think it was the former. I'm willing to bet he was mob or a real monster.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I agree as far as leaving in a hurry. I've followed this case from the beginning. When they left, it seemed they were in the middle of preparing dinner....food was left out on the counters, none of the mothers eye glasses were taken, but I also understand some suspicion here. WHY, WHY did they need to look up info on the computer regarding getting passports for the children?? I'm also suspicious of the mom, because of all the name changes....this ones a hard nut to crack....I feel so sorry for the boy Joey left behind. From what I understand, he was very close with his 1st son.....I hope the boys, if not the family are found alive.......someday.........

What were the name changes? What I read is her named changed by marriage and she had her first name changed legally as did my nephew a friend of mine (named Gilda changed to Rena why not) and many people, the name change was not hidden, it was done openly.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The human remains of the family have likely been found near Victorville out in the high desert:

www.utsandiego.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

starviego
The human remains of the family have likely been found near Victorville out in the high desert:

www.utsandiego.com...

What a shame if it is really them!

The mystery deepens....

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

littled16

starviego

www.utsandiego.com...

What a shame if it is really them!

The mystery deepens....

Confirmed it's the husband and wife. Childrens remains not confirmed yet.

blog.pe.com...

Now the plot really thickens.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

just a matter of formality....glad the guy called the cops,he wasn't sure what kind of bones they were, but he felt COMPELLED to call.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

so, this, guy rick baker, just came out with a book on the case on kindle on AMAZON, was to come out in paperback in february

called no goodbyes, the mysterious disappearance of the mcstay family. He had a theory, made the wife look bad ( his theory: she killed the husband and took the kids over the border)

he is offering refunds to everyone who bought the book...talk about timing....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join