It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing McStay Family

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

FALLBROOK, Calif. - The author of an explosive new book about the disappearance of a Fallbrook family three years ago said he believes Summer McStay killed her husband and took off with the couple's boys.

"I personally believe that Summer probably killed Joseph and we should be looking for Summer and the two kids, rather than a family of four that decided to just flee on their own," said author

Sounds like a reasonable explanation.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Really weird story. I've never heard this one before. I read the stories linked earlier in the thread. Very eery. It would be interesting to read the personal emails the author of the book about the mystery had access to.

some email indicated that before they got married, he was trying to find her dad (her family grew up without him), she made it Very clear that he was to stop. Another, one, she resented having to take care of his son from a previous marriage.

link below

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 3-8-2013 by research100 because: dang speling

the fbi is now on the case, here is an interesting tidbit :Investigators say that on Jan. 28, days before they disappeared, someone used the McStay’s computer to find information about travel to Mexico and passports for children.

Read more: ktla.com...
edit on 3-8-2013 by research100 because: added info

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Can you give us more info on that case please? Sounds interesting to say the least.If we knew they're names we could look it up and see what all the news had to say about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimithae
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Can you give us more info on that case please? Sounds interesting to say the least.If we knew they're names we could look it up and see what all the news had to say about it.

Yeah, I've been thinking of researching it a little since I made that post. Remember, I heard this story from my elders...I didn't read it in a newspaper or anything
I'm not sure if it was a legit story or just one of those neighborhood folk tales (which is why I never thought much of it before.)

I'll look into it. If I find anything worthwhile, I'll post it here

edit on 3-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
yes, we would like to hear about that other case, for sure.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

South American my arse. The kid's names are Italian.

Edit to add that maybe her dad was in the mob.
edit on 8/3/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I have just read an article on the Sydney Morning Herald about a man who just vanished and it seems rather strange and I wonder if he was involved in something much more than what it seems.

SMH: Young man who vanished into the night

The group continued drinking in one of the resort rooms and Mr Tweddle had a few sips of a beer before he told his colleagues he was ''going downstairs for a minute''. Blue Mountains Detective Inspector Mick Bostock, said CCTV footage captures him running from the resort on Sublime Point Road. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

I just wonder if there's something more here as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Why are people finding it unusual they left money in the bank.
What if they are planning to return in a future date and would like
to get access to funds? To me its a sign that the disappearance may
not be permanent.

edit to add:

I just find the name McSTAY ironic to the topic of this thread.

edit on 4-8-2013 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The problem with these mysteries is that they are embellished over time to become more fiction than fact. Bloggers write about it with their own spin, then someone else picks it up and does some "research" and puts their own spin on it too. But how many of them really investigate, or present provable facts?

With the little I've read about this, I think they were fleeing something. They didn't have time to arrange care for their animals, which would be a priority. That says to me that they were running away, at short notice, but that they'd had time to prepare for it - researching travel.

So, they were scared about something, they looked into travel and created a plan, then something happened to trigger that plan and they ran.

The business and drug link is a very plausible explanation to me. Importing fountains? Really? That's not really something an individual sets up in business, it's something major brands arrange at a discount. The average guy starting a business doesn't go into imports in an effort to make money when Walmart or another major name is able to do that. I just can't see that there would be a business there.

I would be interested in seeing their longer histories, to see if there's a link to governments or agencies for either of them. The need of ID is an important one. You can't just walk down the block and find someone to make you fake papers. They would need contacts in the criminal world to get that (which further supports the drug link), or an agency able to give them that support.

I don't know the details of crossing that border, but I'm pretty damn sure you need some ID, and that their crossing would be recorded. So where is that information, and what ID did they use as a family?

Again, the fact that this hasn't come to light suggests that an agency is involved somewhere along the line. You generally cannot just cross a border without it being recorded, yet we're supposed to accept that they just walked into another country? I'm not buying that.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
My gut instinct tells me this wasn't about the husband, it was about the wife.
She has changed her name several times.
Didn't want her husband to find out too much about her father.

She must have done/ or witnessed something in the past (maybe something about her father or organized crime related) that she shouldn't have, and maybe the people whom she was running from all these years, caught up with her, and she had to tell her husband the truth, get the kids, and leave as soon as possible.

No one has reported either of them being insane, or unstable. If you are a normal, healthy minded person you don't just up and leave with money, belongings, beloved pets all at home, unless it's something urgent,someone is after you, like someone is about to knock on your door and kill your whole family.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I remember this case. I saw a television show about it. But that's about it.

In the show they weren't 100% sure that it was the family crossing the border on that tape. It sure looked like it to me.

Are the authorities pretty much going on this was them crossing in the video as a sure thing?

But it is/was a very interesting case. I'm gonna go back and check out those links. See how much more information if any they have on that families possible whereabouts.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I remember this case. I saw a television show about it. But that's about it.

In the show they weren't 100% sure that it was the family crossing the border on that tape. It sure looked like it to me.

Are the authorities pretty much going on this was them crossing in the video as a sure thing?

But it is/was a very interesting case. I'm gonna go back and check out those links. See how much more information if any they have on that families possible whereabouts.

One of the articles stated that some family members thought they recognized the white coat in the video, but others remained skeptical because of the video quality. I too agree with the suspicions of the wife, name changes and relocation are fishy, and if the story about her father is true then that is really suspect, I would imagine that has something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Something about this occurrence just creeps me out.

Personally, I don't think it's the wife. They had plenty of money, money that was left untouched.

I think these people were probably lured somewhere and killed. That's just the vibe I get from it.

I suppose they could all be living in exile for some reason. The mob, maybe the government, maybe some death cult. Heck, the Wendigo could have burst in and scattered them all without time to go and get their money. Everyone knows the Wendigo hates the south so they do the only thing they could. I think not.

If it were the witness protection program, Mexico would be the last place they would go to. They'd go somewhere safe and sub-urbsy. Like where they were, sort of. But why the sudden flight to Mexico? If they're being hidden by the witness relocation program, wouldn't this be a non-story? I'm pretty sure the feds don't take kindly to their witnesses running off to Mexico to get cartelled to death.

It's like when you go to a rest stop, and they've got all those missing people posters up. When it's been longer than a year, you pretty much know those people are dead.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
They would have had to used ID to cross the border so either they had new ID or the part about leaving it behind is wrong.

Not true. I've travelled Mexico on many occasions. I've walked in, driven in, flown in. Only once was I ever asked for ID, and that was entering Quintana Roo by plane. Getting back into the US, well that's another matter, you need ID, you will be questioned, your luggage can spend up to a month in a customs facility being examined, etc.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberGarp

I agree. I don't want to give away too much of my personal information, but before I was married I traveled a lot and worked in many different countries. A lot of times I would just have to show my passport ( they wouldn't even check it.) and they'd wave me trough. If you look innocent and harmless they won't waste their time basically. I believe this is how this family crossed the borders so easily, even if their passports were fake or new.

I still think they were - more specially the wife- running away from something.

Just using common sense here. If I have a pet, let alone two, ...then let's assume I am a healthy person and I love them, so for me to leave them without food or water or telling a family member or friend to take care of them shows me they left in a hurry and had no other choice. Someone was after them, and they found out. So they had to leave quick.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry
witness protection relocation maybe?

was someone "found" and then they were re-relocated?

i don't think so...if you're in the program, WITSEC would take care of moving you, and creating new identities....it's POSSIBLE that they were in the program, and WITSEC relocated them in a hurry, then planted the information regarding internet searches about travel to mexico, child passports, the car, and the video, to throw off whoever was looking for them...

then again, maybe the wife did murder her husband, and ran off with the kids..or maybe they were carjacked and killed one night while they were out, or maybe they were kidnapped by some criminal group from mexico....who knows?..there are a lot of things that could have happened...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGarp

They would have had to used ID to cross the border so either they had new ID or the part about leaving it behind is wrong.

Not true. I've travelled Mexico on many occasions. I've walked in, driven in, flown in. Only once was I ever asked for ID, and that was entering Quintana Roo by plane. Getting back into the US, well that's another matter, you need ID, you will be questioned, your luggage can spend up to a month in a customs facility being examined, etc.

Really? I went in the 70's have they changed things that much?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
They were probably just ordinary day tourists in Tijuana who wandered off the beaten track and bumped into the wrong people. They aren't the first Americans who have disappeared without a trace down there. Rare, but it happens.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Char-Lee

My guess would be new ID. If they didn't want to take any chances on being found out it would be the smart thing to do I would think, and it's pretty apparent they didn't want to be found out.

very strange leaving all of 100k in the bank though.

Transferring money out of a bank could be traceable, more than $10,000 is reportable to the FBI. Where did they get that $100,000

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Day tourists don't leave for their trips under cover of darkness without any apparent preparations.
The more I look for a mundane explanation to this, the weirder it seems to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join