It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Days Ago Mark Schmidter Was Jailed for THIS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I searched for 100 days ago & the man's name in the search bar, so if his is an "old" story my apologies.

Source

100 days ago Mark Schmidter began his 141-day jail sentence. His crime? He handed out this jury rights flyer (PDF) to passersby on the sidewalk outside the Orange County Courthouse in Florida. This was something he’d done openly many times before at the same courthouse.

What horrible, despicable flyer was he passing around? Child Pron? Death threats to cops? Lil green men from the moon which is made of blue cheese? No, he was posting a "know your rights flyer" to jurors.

Flyer PDF

But in the summer of 2011, Schmidter was arrested for flyering outside a designated “free speech zone.” This zone was ordered by Judge Belvin Perry during the Casey Anthony trial, which he presided over. A crafty enemy of jury rights advocacy, Perry had drafted another administrative order earlier that year banning “the dissemination of leaflets and other materials containing written information tending to influence summoned jurors as they enter the courthouse.”

Ah, the "anti-free speech zones" now rear and show their ugly head & purpose.

Can I haz cheeze to go on my stasi-burger? Thx.

edit on 2-8-2013 by schadenfreude because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think that people that are arrested and detained for cases such as this should be considered political prisoners.
If and when he gets out, I would pay a visit to the nearest embassy from the country of his choice and request political
asylum.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

I think that people that are arrested and detained for cases such as this should be considered political prisoners.

I was about to say the same thing...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Our country is a sad, sad thing nowadays.

And it is getting worse every day.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Remain in your designated Free Speech Zone ,,,(over by the dumpster) at all times

edit on 2-8-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Jury nullification is one of those things that the courts are afraid to death of. They have officers assault and arrest these people, they even tell juries that they are ordered to ignore those flyers. Which is a lie and under color of authority I'm pretty sure that's a crime.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

So....theoretically you could get out of jury duty if you mention jury nullification? This is, of course, assuming it is a real thing?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

So....theoretically you could get out of jury duty if you mention jury nullification? This is, of course, assuming it is a real thing?

fastest way home on day one when you are summoned for duty.

"Your Honor, I believe in Jury Nullification. Can I please make it through to be a juror?"

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Yes friends, the concept of jury nullification is a MAJOR threat to the establishment.

It allows a room full of 12 people to indirectly declare unjust laws as null and void.

It first began with juries who felt empathy for run away slaves.

Today, we're fighting a new form of slavery. Everything from tax and debt slavery to NDAA/TSA/surveillance/watch list/drug laws/jack booted police thug slavery.

Learn it, spread it and if you have the chance, get on a jury and nullify these BS laws/trumped-up charges and let your fellow citizen go home!

edit on 2-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

As already mentioned, yeah it's probably one of the fastest ways out of jury duty. Shame that the idea is most usefull in anti-jury activity rather than pro-jury as intented.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

The sad fact is ppl don't WANT to believe that things have changed, that typical, law abiding americans are criminals now too. And that thought scares the living HELL out of most ppl, so they deny it.

I read somewhere that 10 THOUSAND new laws were created last year alone. Can anyone here name TEN of them?

No one wants to believe the rules have changed, or to be more accurate, the ILLUSION of the rules have now been removed.

Lawsuits against the cops are now the NORM. Even in Indiana they say (iirc) let the cops molest you, then take them to court. Don't resist. (This btw is a new "law")

But the unions hardly ever do anything, nor does Internal Affairs, so why bother going that route?

Here's the answer: Because you are willing to SELL your rights, by taking money that doesn't come from the perps wallet, but from your fellow man!

IOW, you're a whore. A legal whore, but still a whore.

Now every state is Nevada.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Jury nullification?

I recall learning about that in government class in high school......not!

Jury nullification is such a powerful tool for justice it is a wonder it isn't given
an entire semester. If I were in charge EVERY American that went thru the public school system
would know very well the parameters and applications of jury nullification.

top topics

join