It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Travel Alert From The US State Department

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Maybe it's nothing...but for some reason, in fact checking some stories in the last few minutes on this? I just got an overwhelming feeling of dread from this. Almost like a flash of premonition, if only for emotion. Weird...but damn strong too. (looks around a little less confident than a short time ago) I hope we're all very wrong here.

I've had the same feeling lately. I think many of us who have been paying attention for years (or decades) may feel the same way. Something just feels different about these last few months. Of course, there have always been those doomsday predictions, and those paranoid, Alex Jones-type scenarios, particularly since the start of the Iraq War, none of which came to fruition, but this one feels different. It's difficult to explain. Of course, we've never officially been in a proxy war with Russia until now, so that may have something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AguyAndAgirl
Already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh yea? I see your "Already Posted", and raise you another. Which (by the time you posted your reply) was already posted.

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How does that grab ya?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DivisiveConformity

Whatever does or does not happen, you can be 100% certain that instilling fear into the people is an integral part of the plan.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Well.... with all the recent Prison breaks, I wouldn't be surprised!

Also that link mentions that all people Traveling Abroad should go through a Government Site which is just another way to keep tabs on where you are going.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

How does that grab ya?

Cracks me up when people think they know what's up
and won't take the time to check. OP got lucky on this one
it seems..

Read the rules before you try to state 'em people.

OP
Maybe this is why it's becoming harder for us to leave the U.S ?
Naaaah ! The U.S. still has me worried more then their alerts.
For me their alerts say, look out everyone, we're looking to
off some more of you.

Just can't see it any other way.
edit on 2-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The Middle East, North Africa, and possibly occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula is not exactly a world-wide alert... When is the last time people haven't been warned of travel in those areas?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

The Middle East, North Africa, and possibly occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula is not exactly a world-wide alert... When is the last time people haven't been warned of travel in those areas?

Oh, that is the destination spot for the typical American. Nothing like having yourself trepanned with a power drill by some lunatic in the Middle East!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's funny that with all of the political tension, the threats, the travel advisories, the embassy closures, the prison breaks, the violent riots and demonstrations, the arms shipments, the increasingly unstable military conflicts, and the crackdown on freedom in the United States in the name of national security, the federal government still thinks it is logical to cut the "danger pay" of our military personnel. That's not a contradiction or anything.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

This is what is going to happen if you fund Islamic Extremists with one hand and fight them with another. The way it is is the way that is wanted and planned.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519

Worldwide Travel Alert From The US State Department

[url=https://www.facebook.com/travelgov/posts/10151605755073149[/url]

The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the continued potential for terrorist attacks, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa, and possibly occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula. Current information suggests that al-Qa’ida and affiliated organizations continue to plan terrorist attacks both in the region and beyond, and that they may focus efforts to conduct attacks in the period between now and the end of August. This Travel Alert expires on August 31, 2013.

Terrorists may elect to use a variety of means and weapons and target both official and private in
(visit the link for the full news article)

I did visit the link (State Dept FACEBOOK page) and wow there are some really gutsy replies to the posted alert. I mean really, it's like reading replies on this thread- people wide awake and questioning this- except with Facebook... their real names are used. Gutsy, I tell ya-- wonder how many drones & black helicopters are swarming around studying those folks...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So in other words; "Something bad is going to happen, we don't know what it is, but when it does, it will be the bad guys." What if it will be a natural or cosmic disaster, and the NWO needs someone to blame?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I often feel when these type of announcements are made that they could actually be trigger words for groups to pick up on.
I hope this is just precautionary but it could also be a false warning, get people amped up, warning expires and then when everyone is settled again then you get hit.

Or it could also be a diversion, government looking bad, time to show the public why they need us.

Yeah I pick the latter and if it is that it could be BIG.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I realized earlier that the embassies are closing on August 4th, which is Obama's birthday. I'm not saying that has something to do with it, but of all the news articles and comments I've seen regarding the embassy closures, I haven't seen anyone mention that. So I just wanted to throw that out there.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I've noticed an increase in the anger of American citizens on other websites as well. It's actually quite encouraging. I doubt many of them see the true big picture, but just the fact that they're angry is good enough for me. There are still those who are ignorant, but they're increasingly becoming a minority, which is fantastic.

Originally posted by Taggart
I often feel when these type of announcements are made that they could actually be trigger words for groups to pick up on.

That's actually an interesting theory. Who knows if that's actually true, but the theory is interesting (and possible) nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivisiveConformity
reply to post by new_here

Originally posted by Taggart

That's actually an interesting theory. Who knows if that's actually true, but the theory is interesting (and possible) nonetheless.

I guess if I would further that theory, it would be a 'hidden in plain sight'.
I still favor my latter theory more, reputation down? Bring out the big guns.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I don't know any more than what is already on this board. I do know that I am worried for the first time in a long time. I do know that I am watching this like a hawk. It is incredibly unnerving.

I heartily agree, Valentine, that the situation bears watching like a hawk....for many reasons, the least among them it has been forcasted in many ancient texts that "the end" will come about in just such a way.....

Can you be a bit more specific about these texts, you are referring to.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What if they come up with a story that they have stopped a giant terrorist mega attack in an attempt to vindicate their beloved NSA programs-Maybe plant and then miraculously find and de activate a load of old Soviet nukes they bought on the black market in the 90's,a few in different cities maybe?
"Without PRISM,millions would have died."
The world is then shocked into believing such blanket surveillance is all benevolent and loving.
I can imagine them trying that out...

But then I have a wacky imagination.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
How can anyone believe anything these people say anymore?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Is it me, or did the person who wrote that warning misplace their updated copy of the NewSpeak dictionary?

I forecast that on 9/1, they will send out the SAME WARNING but it will expire on 9/30, and yep... you guessed it, the same in october and november and so on. Seriously, have the American People become THAT naive to pay much attention to this? BTW, I think they may lower the price of chocolate too.

How about they at LEAST warn something interesting.... sheesh! like I dunno maybe that they know the terrorists will try it sometime between prayers? Or maybe that they will board a plane, but won't hijack it with shampoo oe Vasoline? Seriously.. Make the useless warning at least entertaining. Maybe have it televised and read by Shakira?

I know, I'm a jerk. But really..

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
What if they come up with a story that they have stopped a giant terrorist mega attack in an attempt to vindicate their beloved NSA programs-Maybe plant and then miraculously find and de activate a load of old Soviet nukes they bought on the black market in the 90's,a few in different cities maybe?
"Without PRISM,millions would have died."
The world is then shocked into believing such blanket surveillance is all benevolent and loving.
I can imagine them trying that out...

But then I have a wacky imagination.

A-Hah! You're really on to something there.
Look at this situation from 50,000 feet.
The message is "Be afraid! Be very afraid" (And forget about the atrocities revealed by Snowden).
Nothing specific, but be afraid and know that only your NSA can save you.
Oh, and we will have to tap you phone again.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join