It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Travel Alert From The US State Department

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wow, seems like things are really ramping up. I wonder what's really going on. After the news of the embassies in the Middle East being shut down for Sunday, this news is a bit worrisome.

If anyone has any more detailed information that would very much be appreciated. I wonder if any troop movements are going on. It seems like the U.S. is about ready to jump into Syria but who knows? Geez.
edit on 2-8-2013 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

link   
I don't know any more than what is already on this board. I do know that I am worried for the first time in a long time. I do know that I am watching this like a hawk. It is incredibly unnerving.

link   
Already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
Okay, I see. Let me understand this, by gauging other travel alerts that come out regularly.

They know someone is really really pissed at us. They know that someone(s) are eager to do something about that 'pissed off' feeling and we're the lucky winners of their attentions and focus. In fact, they're so specifically pissed off at US, they can tell us a definite deadline when we don't need to fear everything on Earth anymore.

Oh, until then though, they know when...but cannot even narrow it down to a continent, let alone a nation...and how silly to think a list of likely targets might exist, right? After all, it's not like we have world class intelligence agencies or something. How could we possibly be expected to know such things? (cough....HOW many BILLIONS to the NSA?!)

Hmmm... Well, after careful and due consideration, I've come to the conclusion that their warning sucks.

If they made it any MORE vague? We'd include the possibility of a terrorist gremlin stowed away on the I.S.S. in orbit for goodness sake. Warnings THIS general, they need to keep to themselves until the *KNOW* something ...not just the paranoid ramblings of people who live in this world FAR too many hours every day.

@ BTW.. for all the 'Posted Already'? Check the forum... It can be in BAN and 1 other normal forum, as any topic can be. At least that's been policy they've stated many times?
edit on 2-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AguyAndAgirl

Is there not a 2 thread rule?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whoops, I'm usually good with this. Tisk, tisk.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I would suspect that it has something to do with the "prison break," of Al Quaeda members, among other things: such as, the continuing and ongoing "disruption" in the ME in general.....

Egypt, Turkey, Syria....it all seems to be going down.

I think of a few years ago, when Egypt got rid of Mubarek, CNN reporters in the streets covering it as though it was some huge liberation of "the people" of Egypt having won some great victory, and pics of children on tanks with soldiers protecting them......

It all looked and seemed so very promising......and yet, even at the time, though I tried to quell my cynical nature and have hope, I knew this was an appearance, and probably nothing more.

There is increasing instability in the region, and I do not think this has come about through haphazard events, but rather, is an overall plan to destabilize said region, purposefully.

Good thread, and good questions, posed.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
reply to post by AguyAndAgirl

Yes, they typically dont want two threads on the same exact topic

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I don't know any more than what is already on this board. I do know that I am worried for the first time in a long time. I do know that I am watching this like a hawk. It is incredibly unnerving.

I heartily agree, Valentine, that the situation bears watching like a hawk....for many reasons, the least among them it has been forcasted in many ancient texts that "the end" will come about in just such a way.....

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519

Wow, seems like things are really ramping up. I wonder what's really going on. After the news of the embassies in the Middle East being shut down for Sunday, this news is a bit worrisome.

If anyone has any more detailed information that would very much be appreciated. I wonder if any troop movements are going on. It seems like the U.S. is about ready to jump into Syria but who knows? Geez.
edit on 2-8-2013 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

Very good point there, concernedcitizen519, about Syria. First, we have been in a cultural war/clash with this area for a very long time. Remember the Uncle Sam effigies of years ago, being beaten and burned in Iran while they had American prisoners....the constant references to America: The Great Satan.......so it's nothing new.

At the same time, our "war" in Iraq with some "axis of evil" (pardon me quoting Bush, Jr., but these were the words, and the first events to set the fire presently burning while embers were always present that didn't need stoking in this way, (just MHO), and Afghanistan has destabilized this area, left it politically "up for grabs," if you will, with groups like the Muslim Brotherhood, the Taliban, etc., all jockeying for position and control, but united in their religious beliefs, to some degree, which are pretty much oppositional to the same, here.

It is a recipe for explosive results.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well on another forum someone is saying the military have been tipped they are to get ready for war in Syria, in a few months, being shipped there. Its the typical stir the pot type of threads one would discount, but if they really instil fear in people first, could see this all going somewhere.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

You seemed to have misunderstood me, there is a 2 thread rule as in you are allowed a thread in Breaking News and a thread allowed elsewhere. As a member that has been here longer than me I thought you might have known this.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

You can, but most mods typically like to consolidate the two threads into one... Just going off history since I've been here... If this thread stays, then great, but I prefer having all the voices on a topic in a specific location so you dont need to jump back and forth from one thread to the next regurgitating the same thing.

And the OP even wrote he ran a search and didn't see it, meaning, he likely wouldn't have posted this thread if he knew that someone made the same exact thread just minutes before.
edit on 2-8-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. There goes my extended vacation to Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Egypt, culminating in full spa day in Mogadishu.
Seriously though, Is this the first worldwide travel advisory? It's a dangerous world for US tourists these days.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Well on another forum someone is saying the military have been tipped they are to get ready for war in Syria, in a few months, being shipped there. Its the typical stir the pot type of threads one would discount, but if they really instil fear in people first, could see this all going somewhere.

That was my first thought when I heard about the embassies closing down, especially in Israel too. At the same time, I can't see it happening JUST YET. I don't know...Tetra50 made a great point; there have been numerous large scale prison breaks recently that have freed hundreds, maybe thousands, of militants in the Middle East. Maybe all of this is directly related to that?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

One is in breaking news. One is in the regular forums. That's allowed. (last I saw)
So it's fine.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

I think the prison breaks have everything to do with it. You're right.

500 in Iraq. 1,200 in Libya, 4 days later. 250 broken out in Pakistan just days ago as well.

I know I've been trying to see the lighter side of this...but there is a real sickening possibility too, especially when coupled with other events and notices people are supposedly getting right now.

If you intended a MAJOR offensive across a broad front, that would include some or all of the above nations? Wouldn't you insure your forces recovered your VIP's in prisons there before kicking off the push? Not only their leadership being needed...but removing the easy targets for retribution and making a clear field to fight on.

Maybe it's nothing...but for some reason, in fact checking some stories in the last few minutes on this? I just got an overwhelming feeling of dread from this. Almost like a flash of premonition, if only for emotion. Weird...but damn strong too. (looks around a little less confident than a short time ago) I hope we're all very wrong here.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I thought the same thing when I read that it expires on August 31st. It's as if the terrorist organizations are going to scramble to get their planning and execution done before September 1st. Not to mention, we all know September 11th is going to be a highly likely day, so why not extend the arbitrary travel advisory to at least that point?

Personally, I think the travel advisory is nonsense only meant to stir up fear. We're supposedly in this perpetual war against terror, and we're supposedly always under threat (that's the justification for all of these unconstitutional domestic policies, right?), so isn't it logical to assume that it's dangerous to travel there at any time?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join