It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military teaching 'total war' on Islam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Kinda like Hitler's war on Jews...

Huh kinda makes you think.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21
reply to post by hp1229

This is a line am often faced with " do you believe anything on the Internet ? " its a discussion board..i,d like people opinions on it...i may or may not believe it

US wants to somehow prove this ideology is wrong and nuke Mecca and Medina and try to reduce Islam to cult status... Pretty inhumane and gruesome....
This is what you believe or think? Why and what do you think is inhumane and gruesome?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
As I have stated before, Islam is a totalitarian religion, in my opinion, it is like no other. As it is completely totalitarian in nature, it is very easy for it to have a military extremist wing, because the religion itself is extremist, easily interpreted to fight and kill non-believers, even if the passages were not intended as such. Islam is exactly where Catholicism was 500 years ago.

The religion controls every single aspect of its follower's life, this is the reason Muslims take it very personally when any form of criticism or condemnation is directed upon it. I do not believe it is a religion that should be wiped out, if it has its place in the Arabian peninsula then so be it. However, it is a religion that commands total obedience perhaps unlike any other and it is that which brings it to lock horns with the West. Is it right that the US teaches that Islam itself is the enemy? Who can say. However, I do not believe, with the evidence at hand, that the religion itself can exist peacefully either alongside other religions or as a majority, it can only exist peacefully as a total 100% demographic of a country, which is why it can exist within the Arabian peninsula.

US foreign policy certainly does not help, or even Western foreign policy, but as I have said, when you are dealing with a totalitarian religion, what is the difference between that and other totalitarian ideologies such as Fascism and Communism? Why should the line be drawn because one is classed as a religion, when that one may pose just as big a threat as the others? If the US was engaged in a blatantly Fascist or Communist enemy, many would be all for it without question, so why not all for this?
edit on 6-8-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
And as far as 'total war' goes .. that is the way to win a war that is being waged against you. It's the only way that it can be won .. by overpowering use of force against the military assets and the phychological assets. Going after the churches or synagogues or mosques or temples (Egypt, Greece, etc) has been a tactic of war since history has first been recorded. It's part of how to win a war. And war isn't pretty.

The Romans, who were the most successful, did not generally obliterate the temples of their conquests, with one obvious exception.

If you don't have explicitly religious and ideological goals, I generally don't see the military value. It only enrages your enemies. War by emotional revenge is not wise.

edit on 6-8-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join