It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military teaching 'total war' on Islam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

America's top military officer has condemned a course taught about Islam at one of America's top military schools as "totally objectionable".

It is not surprising. The story, first broken by Wired, is fairly astonishing, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Martin Dempsey, must be furious.

The course taught officers there was no such thing as moderate Islam and that they should consider the religion their enemy.

It advocated "total war" against all the world's Muslims, including possible nuclear attacks on the holy cities of Mecca and Medina and the wiping out civilian populations.

The Pentagon has confirmed the course material found on their website is authentic.
'Something weird'

As far as I can see this is not intended in any sense as a rather sick academic exercise in stretching the bounds of what could be thought. It is actually what the officer teaching it believes.

In other words: completely nutty stuff that would disgrace the wilder fringes of the blogosphere.

So, not surprisingly, Gen Dempsey has ordered a full investigation into what other US military schools might be teaching about the religion.

The voluntary course aimed at senior officers was taught at the Joint Forces Staff College in Norfolk, Virginia, for a year.

Gen Dempsey described the course as "counter to our values of appreciation for religious freedom and cultural awareness" and "just objectionable, academically irresponsible".

It came to light when one of the officers on the course complained last month. There is now an investigation into how the course was approved and why it was part of the curriculum.

A lieutenant colonel has been suspended from teaching, but for the moment keeps his job. The Pentagon hopes a full report will be out by the end of the month.

What does seem rather surprising is that all those commanders, captains and colonels must have sat through the course and not felt the need to tell someone that something rather weird was going on.

www.bbc.co.uk...

US wants to somehow prove this ideology is wrong and nuke Mecca and Medina and try to reduce Islam to cult status... Pretty inhumane and gruesome....

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Firstly, It's disgusting and sick that humans who are supposed to bring "peace" to other countries are thinking about wiping out civilians populations. But I can calmly say that it's not possible, many have tried to bomb the Holy Mosque in Mekka and they've been destroyed by Allah's Wrath. Secondly, Allah protects the believers, What can America do when Allah killed one of the greatest tyrants Nimrod with a small fly. If he wishes, he could destroy the whole US army with a fly.

But my question is, Why Islam? I'm Muslims and I've been reading on Islam for as long as I had a conscience. And the religion of Islam is all about bringing peace and tranquility to this world even though most of you who're uneducated on Islam may disagree.

Whatever the plan is to ruin Islam or kill Muslims, know that Allah is the Greatest of Planners. Remember 9/11? Blamed on Muslims, but even more Americans became Muslims, especially women. The ones you thought Islam oppressed, they came to Islam themselves.

Peace be with you, Misbah

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Pretty inhumane and gruesome.... ????????? You are serious right?

As a Catholic in good standing this strategy referred to above makes good and perfect sense, and will surely be implemented to the fullest in its due course - sooner than you think.

The information leak on this is by no means 'accidental.'

Me and many of my colleagues have had these thoughts and ideas for about as long as we can remember and so have millions of others through the world.

We have been through this many times before and it will happen again but this time there will be a more or less permanent solution.

Islam is a threat to world stability and peace. The Russians and the Chinese are with us on this threat 100% btw.

edit on 2-8-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21
US wants to somehow prove this ideology is wrong and nuke Mecca and Medina and try to reduce Islam to cult status... Pretty inhumane and gruesome....

Did you read your own link?

- This was not a required military course. It was a voluntary course aimed at senior officers in Norfolk VA for one year. VOLUNTARY. We don't know if anyone actually showed up.

- Gen Dempsey stated very clearly that this is not US policy and that the course was wrong.

- The LT Col who was teaching the course has been suspended from teaching.

So .. this is a nothing.

That being said .... separate issue ... Pretty much ANY religion is a cult. Be it Catholic or Jewish or Muslim or Fundamentalist Christian or whatever. The definition of cult is - .A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object. So Islam is indeed a 'cult'. And as far as 'total war' goes .. that is the way to win a war that is being waged against you. It's the only way that it can be won .. by overpowering use of force against the military assets and the phychological assets. Going after the churches or synagogues or mosques or temples (Egypt, Greece, etc) has been a tactic of war since history has first been recorded. It's part of how to win a war. And war isn't pretty.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Muslims are all infidels according to my religion. The simple fact the infidels are breathing and upright is a deep insult to my religion.

Surely, you will respect my religion if I calmly and clearly explain it's merits to you. And if you don't respect my religion, you will certainly fear it. Alive or dead, all will eventually conform.

peace be with you.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
www.wired.com...

The U.S. military taught its future leaders that a “total war” against the world’s 1.4 billion Muslims would be necessary to protect America from Islamic terrorists, according to documents obtained by Danger Room. Among the options considered for that conflict: using the lessons of “Hiroshima” to wipe out whole cities at once, targeting the “civilian population wherever necessary.”

Phase three includes possible outcomes like “Islam reduced to a cult status” and “Saudi Arabia threatened with starvation.” (It’s an especially ironic suggestion, in light of today’s news that Saudi intelligence broke up the most recent al-Qaida bombing plot.)

U.S. military to scour its training material to make sure it doesn’t contain similarly hateful material, a process that is still ongoing. But the officer who delivered the lectures, Army Lt. Col. Matthew A. Dooley, still maintains his position at the Norfolk, Virginia college, pending an investigation

Quotes taken form wired.com

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

What's your point?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

You should ask your fellow countrymen on how they feel about your neighbor (Pakistan) and all the Islamic kingdoms that ruled your nation and then lets talk about 'gruesome' and 'inhumane'. Better yet, ask the armed services personnel along the borders as per how they feel about your neighbor.
edit on 2-8-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21
www.wired.com...

The U.S. military taught its future leaders that a “total war” against the world’s 1.4 billion Muslims would be necessary to protect America from Islamic terrorists, according to documents obtained by Danger Room. Among the options considered for that conflict: using the lessons of “Hiroshima” to wipe out whole cities at once, targeting the “civilian population wherever necessary.”

Phase three includes possible outcomes like “Islam reduced to a cult status” and “Saudi Arabia threatened with starvation.” (It’s an especially ironic suggestion, in light of today’s news that Saudi intelligence broke up the most recent al-Qaida bombing plot.)

U.S. military to scour its training material to make sure it doesn’t contain similarly hateful material, a process that is still ongoing. But the officer who delivered the lectures, Army Lt. Col. Matthew A. Dooley, still maintains his position at the Norfolk, Virginia college, pending an investigation

Quotes taken form wired.com
What about these quotes? Whats your opinion on these quotes? Do you believe everything you read and being preached on the internet/tv these days?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

I know we have Muslims in our military. I wonder how they're being treated?

Have to admit, I've had fantasies of wiping Islam from the face of the earth, but as an atheist I accept everyone as my fellow human being. I could never carry out such a permanent solution on anyone.
edit on 8/2/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
But I can calmly say that it's not possible, many have tried to bomb the Holy Mosque in Mekka and they've been destroyed by Allah's Wrath.

Secondly, Allah protects the believers, What can America do when Allah killed one of the greatest tyrants Nimrod with a small fly. If he wishes, he could destroy the whole US army with a fly.

And the religion of Islam is all about bringing peace and tranquility to this world even though most of you who're uneducated on Islam may disagree.

You have made some bold claims there, can you back them all up with evidence?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

That is one way of making the war an endless war, see all, that have a different belief than you, as your enemy. Did we learn nothing form the crusades, or in the land of Israel,it is not the religion , it is the teaching of a few, by a few extremist. It is not of the name or their belief or even the teaching, it is their actions, and a few seek the way of the sword.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

This is a line am often faced with " do you believe anything on the Internet ? " its a discussion board..i,d like people opinions on it...i may or may not believe it

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Tell me, will the peace and tranquility you say Islam would bring to the world happen only if all non-Muslims convert to Islam or subject themselves to Islamic law?

Because that is never going to happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Did you read your own link?

- This was not a required military course. It was a voluntary course aimed at senior officers in Norfolk VA for one year. VOLUNTARY. We don't know if anyone actually showed up.

- Gen Dempsey stated very clearly that this is not US policy and that the course was wrong.

- The LT Col who was teaching the course has been suspended from teaching.

So .. this is a nothing.

You're right...this has nothing to do with U.S. Policy, and yet this thread is going to go on for miles and miles and miles because people are not interested in facts. They`ll take the title and use it to justify their knee-jerk paranoia.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

The article refered to in the link goes to Wired...which posted this story over a year ago. The course has been removed and a LOR has been put in the officers file, effectively ruining his career.

I knew I had seen this before. It must be a slow news day in the UK.

But I have always been a advocate of "total war", if it is justifiable. These little "brush-fire" wars don't accomplish anything other than to make corporations money and people dead or displaced.

My mindset pretty much come from Thomas Jefferson when it comes to foriegn policy, with a caveat. “Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto, and if you screw with us, you won't live to regret it.”

And then the great line from Iron Man: Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
They should stop teaching and start implementing.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
And then there's this: DATED AUG 3 2013
www.presstv.ir...

The US military is preparing a massive military campaign against Iran, sending thousands of American troops, warships and weaponry to Israel.

An unnamed source said the military deployment of US anti-missile ships and accompanying support personnel will occur in January and later this spring, Global Research reported.

Commander of the US Third Air Force based in Germany Lt.-Gen Frank Gorenc said it is not just an "exercise," but a "deployment," The Jerusalem Post said.

Washington and Tel Aviv have planned to hold what they call the largest-ever joint military exercise this spring.

The US commander visited Israel two weeks ago to confirm details for “the deployment of several thousand American soldiers to Israel.”

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Any US military conflict with Syria or Iran would end up with Israel joining in ... and if Israel's security is at risk they won't really think twice at using the Samson option on Mecca and Medina
edit on 3-8-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well, then it is good for you to know that islam is not your fellow human being, one can follow this violent doctrine, and label him or herself as muslim, but they are not the doctrine itself

top topics

<<   2 >>

join