It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We'll soon get showered by a tsunami of space rocks from the Oort cloud as we approach the galactic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

I'm starting to see a trend in you completely missing things. Or you're just misrepresenting. Try again, but don't try too hard.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You shouldn't make your ignorance so noticeable, just a tip for future reference.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by Phage

You shouldn't make your ignorance so noticeable, just a tip for future reference.

Ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of! None of us know everything and all of us are ignorant of many things ......

And science changes so often that sometimes it's hard to keep up with it all!

But if Phage is ignorant of something specific and relevant to this discussion, it would be polite and nice to point him in the direction of the latest research, so that he can correct his ignorance

What is it that Phage is ignorant of?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Dude the guy is trying to wind ATS up...it's all a joke just look at his threads.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I know
But still worth exposing trolls as there will be many people reading threads like this who are new to ATS

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Giving you S&F purely for the comedy value, and the "in your face" directness. Let's see what Phage replies with.

On the topic, this thread reminds me of why I'm staying clear of the EU. Its followers seem to believe in a mish-mash of pseudo-science, half-truths, conspiracy theories, and all sorts of garbage besides.

I'd like to see any scientific articles about us getting close to the Milky Way "ecliptic", or how the galaxy's magnetic fields knock out asteroids from their orbits.
edit on 2-8-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

Well his assertations are not actually mainstream ideas within electric universe, and there are differing opinions within theories, as Wal Thornhill depicts one 3d plane but Tesla, saw dimensions. Bohm saw a plasma screen with this unvierse projected from a higher level, and the holographic universe. The principles are electric but the universe is most likely a hybrid system, more than one mechanics in play.

This is a good look:

Thunderbolts of the Gods | Official Movie

As above so below.

Only Electric Currents Create Magnetic Fields!

The Electric Comet Pt 1: When Planets Gave Birth to Comets

1/6 Comets - Not What We Expected
edit on 3-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Not sure about the galactic plane, but there are cycles recorded. However the Mayans did mention the dark rift. With so many saying we are not going to line up with the galactic center, then I'd like to know what the dark rift is.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

I sympathize with your concerns and the truth is that by mentioning this banned member, I am on the edge of the rules here myself. Normally I would not do so, but Bernard Shnitzel is a special case in some ways ( FTR the BS name is actually an alias as well - his history is far deeper than just the two aliases mentioned here ) as he is a meme unto himself and a known serial hoaxer who has effected not just ATS, but boards and forums the Internet over.

If this were a person who believed what they were saying, I would simply shrug and walk away. But the hoaxes perpetrated by this person are deliberate and done for the sake of causing reaction. He trolls for a hobby and enjoys causing people to panic and worry.

Given that, I felt compelled to explain the connection between Bernard and Ray Brown.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Not sure about the galactic plane, but there are cycles recorded. However the Mayans did mention the dark rift. With so many saying we are not going to line up with the galactic center, then I'd like to know what the dark rift is.

The Drak Rift is the dark lane that divides the bright band of the Milky Way lengthwise. It is due to the bands of interstellar dust that are concentrated in the galaxy arms. Ancient people might have given it some significance in their myths, but they are just myths.

en.wikipedia.org...
earthsky.org...

Australian aboriginals, for example, saw an Emu in that dark shape.

Just as with Nibiru and the Mayan Calendar, modern cranks and New Age believers hijacked those myths and constructed their own versions of them, saying that some sort of catastrophe or radical change is imminent.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

You've done no such thing but expose yourselves. I might be new to ATS, but I'm not new to this game.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

It's funny how most of us can't see our own Milky Way galaxy anymore like we once did in our night sky. I wonder whatever could be the reason why?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Incase you are not being a tool as usual, it is because of light pollution.
Iam pretty lucky where I live and If I walk about 20 mins away I can see the milky way.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by wildespace

It's funny how most of us can't see our own Milky Way galaxy anymore like we once did in our night sky. I wonder whatever could be the reason why?

Light pollution, for the most part.

Pictures such as the one 'wildspace' posted (below) are not exactly what our eyes see, even in places where this is no light pollution. Pictures such as this are long-exposure, and the stars end up looking brighter than they do to the human eye.

Originally posted by wildespace

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Not true. When I go back home nothing ever changes, no lights out in the country, and can't see the stars like I used to. Give it up now.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

And when I drive through Arizona and states out west, where there aren't any lights for miles, I have no trouble seeing stars or anything else.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Give up, guys, he's just trolling. Or let's ignore him and continue discussing our galaxy and the Solar System. There have been some good questions and answers here.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

When I was in northern Norway camping (freezing to death lol) I saw the best night sky, it wasn't far off from that photo plus I saw the northern lights, I had no sleep just staring up all night

Amazing

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You know sometimes the sun isn't out (mostly at night....mostly) and the moon sometimes isn't full.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think Ison has potentials to interact with the sun, if its not on a path for us.

Electric Universe does apply.

The Electric Comet Pt 1 When Planets Gave Birth to Comets

This goes into the theories about comets and the OORT, and then the actual findings when they got up close, including crystals that were volcanic and associated with rocky planets but also specific ones, like earth and mars. That changes what comets are or their origins enormously. And it changed the OORT cloud.

The Electric Comet Pt 2 Elenin and the Mystery of Exploding Comets

This goes into the behavior and seemingly electrical ion transfer of various comets, including elenin, and the one that shot through the corona and emerged unscathed. Basically, they are like capacitors and a negative charge can be overwhelmed by the sun errupting a cme and a strong positive.

"Could Electrical Events be the key to comet out bursts and fragmentation? To this day astronomers have no explanation for the sudden brightening of comet Holmes in 2007"

Xray emissions from a cold comet.

Im surprised at how our Sun responds, lets some through, but definitely doesnt give others safe passage....Good sun so far.
edit on 3-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join