It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We'll soon get showered by a tsunami of space rocks from the Oort cloud as we approach the galactic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is hilarious and proof of why mankind is self destructing mentally.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I'm surprised no one mentioned Dr. Ray Brown.

who is doctor ray brown?
edit on 2-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tachyonmind

The doctor who went missing after sending out a message on an ELE asteroid coming our way.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

Your comment is proof that God's going to land one in your backyard.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust

The doctor who went missing after sending out a message on an ELE asteroid coming our way.

could you please elaborate? i tried goggling but i found nothing concrete, lots of g.l.p's results which is not a good sign..

what is he a doctor of? who did he send this message to?
edit on 3-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Yeah I think there's only one msg here at ATS that survived. Lots of shillarity that ensued on the other site you mentioned. Didn't know you could mention it so that's interesting.

Seemed to warn of an ELE space rock coming and then disappeared. He had lots of credentials, and he really is missing to my knowledge. They edited his original post so we'll never know what he really said or the timeline involved.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
"Dr Ray Brown" was another incarnation of the serial hoaxer also known as Bernard Shnitzel.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Do you know this for a fact? Or is this the cover story?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

I know it for a fact. Bernard isn't hard to find online and he's actually fairly talkative and pleasant most of the time. Seek him out and ask him - he's usually very proud of his work and willing to discuss it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Well to be sure I've been lagging behind in this area, I just stumbled upon him the other day. It stills seems fishy but I'll have to look more into it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well that settles that then..

Well to be sure I've been lagging behind in this area, I just stumbled upon him the other day. It stills seems fishy but I'll have to look more into it.

Might I be so bold as to suggest you also look more into actual electromagnetic science, try to learn more about relativity theory, and also perhaps study a bit of physics?

A few simple equations easily disprove eu theory, and you seem to be rather trapped under it's spell..

edit on 3-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Is that all it takes?

Ok, I'll do it myself:

*There is an ELE rock heading towards earth, will be impacting in 30 minutes from now*
And now... I'll go missing, and nobody can find me...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by CircleOfDust

I know it for a fact. Bernard isn't hard to find online and he's actually fairly talkative and pleasant most of the time. Seek him out and ask him - he's usually very proud of his work and willing to discuss it.

It's a very effective way to deal with information you don't want to get out to the public. Create the B______ S________ persona (I refuse to mention banned members, as is required by tnc, though I do understand we are really "pick and choosy" about which rules we enforce here, I just don't want to take a chance because the same "pick and choose" attitude could allow a mod to ban me for breaking a rule even though nobody follows that rule since this particular person is likened as to an outcast in our perfect little utopia here and so rules don't apply unless somebody who matters says so...let's say, someone who is Not an outcast and in fact may be found on the opposite side of the spectrum (train tracks?) where all the proper rights, privileges and protections may be afforded) and then have whoever is operating the persona "admit" to faking a bunch of stuff. But have "him" actually create a bunch of fake stuff across the internet to bolster their reputation as a known hoaxer.

"oh you mean that Dr ray brown story? That was a hoax created by B.S.... What you don't believe me? Go ahead and ask him he will even admit it!" And that's how someone with a reputation as a known liar is suddenly a reliable source for the truth...cause if they said it, it must be true...but they're a known liar so don't believe a word they say! Wait a minute, what??/? It's so confusing, the average person will just believe it, and anyone else will be ignored.

I don't really believe this. I'm just exercising my right to express myself by sharing mere possibilities. It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to entertain a thought without necessarily accepting it.

But I will admit it seems a little fishy that his initials are BS... Could it be this personality is here to "BS" us, in more ways than one?? Just a thought that popped in my mind... Like a vacuum cleaner that can suck up any and all stories to forever keep them contained in the dust bag of ridiculed rubbish ideas, and cast out outcasts.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Blarneystoner

"The uncertainties in the estimates..." translates to "We're pretty much guessing here"
No.
It allows for an uncertainty of 1 million years. We passed through the galactic plane no more than 3 million years ago and no less than 2 million years ago. Considering the period of the cycle the margin for error is quite small. But heaven forbid you should actually read the paper.

It certainly does not mean that we are about about to "cross" the plane.

edit on 8/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

And what do you suppose will happen when we do? Anything? Even if its not going to happen for millions of years, I'm still curious and I wonder what happened last time. Were there even humans around?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
For starters, we are no where near the galactic center, we're more than 25,000 light years from it.

Secondly by the time we get anywhere near the galactic center, Andromeda will have collided with the milky way, and by then rogue stars would be a bigger threat than anything from the Oort cloud.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
As far as I'm aware, the galactic plane is just a formality (which cannot be precisely defined anyway), and passing through it has no physical effects whatsoever. The Earth's and the Sun's magnetic fields affect us an awful lot more than the galactic fields, and the Earth's polar reversal is the only thing to be worried about... in a few thousand or tens of thousands of years, perhaps.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

first... the Oort cloud is likely 2 different rings of clouds... the outer ring is where long-period comets like Halley (returns to inner solar system approx every 75 years)

so if anything peturbs the Oort cloud or Keiper belt it should take at least 75 years to be seen in our locality, depending on the force that knocked the comet towards the Sun made it speed towards the Sun at something like 75,000MPH

the Oort cloud(s) en.wikipedia.org...
are sorrounded by the heliosphere. which is a boundary between this solar system and galactic space of the Milky Way

now, i thought the Oort clouds was full of dirty-ice comets & larger ball of ice like Sedna...so the idea of Iron Asteroids pelleting us is a false idea....

any 'Fe' asteroids would not come from outside our heliosphere, or from the Oort cloud... perhaps the Kuiper belt or the asteroid belt on the other side of Mars

i think the OP is trying to piece together just where the book of Revelations 'mountains'; that crash into the Sea comes from...and the 200lb stones & hail that rain down on mankind as part of the punishments at the end-of-age eschatology

keep looking OP

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

No, the OP is rehashing a nubiru theory and changed it to comet ISON.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

first... the Oort cloud is likely 2 different rings of clouds... the outer ring is where long-period comets like Halley (returns to inner solar system approx every 75 years)

so if anything peturbs the Oort cloud or Keiper belt it should take at least 75 years to be seen in our locality, depending on the force that knocked the comet towards the Sun made it speed towards the Sun at something like 75,000MPH...

Halley's Comet may have once been a long-period comet, and may have originated in the theoretical Oort Cloud, but it is now a short period comet (short period comets = orbits of less than 200 years). The orbit of Comet Halley only reaches out as far as approximately the orbit of Pluto, while the Oort Cloud (if it exists) is thought to be much, much farther out, with the inner part of the Oort Cloud perhaps 50 times the distance of Pluto (Pluto = 50 AU, Inner part of Oort Cloud = 2000 AU).

Objects from the Oort cloud would take thousands of years to reach Earth. So if something perturbed the Oort Cloud several thousand years ago, then we could possibly see an increase on objects coming from it reaching Earth.

You mentioned the Kuiper Belt in your post, and that is much closer. The Kuiper Belt is out by Pluto, and perhaps something (I have no idea what) may perturb objects in the Kuiper Belt, and cause those objects to reach Earth in a human lifetime.

edit on 8/3/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

And what do you suppose will happen when we do? Anything?
Nothing.
edit on 8/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join