It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We'll soon get showered by a tsunami of space rocks from the Oort cloud as we approach the galactic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As a firm believer in the Electric Universe (EU) I'm absolutely convinced that the magnetic field that extends out from the center of our galaxy along with the concentration of energy and plasma and matter located on the ecliptic of the Milky Way, has already dislodged many of the space rocks that compose the Oort cloud.

Ever play pool? That's what's going to happen. What's already happening now.

Normal comets and asteroids etc come at us from our own solar system's ecliptic--e.g. Comet Ison. I submit to you that Ison may very well put on a show with very real EM disturbances for our Earth. But I also remind you of magic's principle feature:

MISDIRECTION

When they want you to look one way, something else is happening somewhere else.

Maybe we shouldn't keep our sights on the South? Could be. They're suddenly curious about our night skies down under.

This shouldn't be any surprise to those of us who understand that we are approaching the ecliptic of the galaxy from the NORTH going SOUTH!

Many space rocks are composed of Iron, and Iron is easily dislodged and affected by magnetic fields. These are NOT dirty little snowballs of rock. That's just another lie to keep you in the dark so that you don't understand the threat that these rocks can play.

Heck, even that latest meteor that fell over Russia was what? Only 15 meters I think? That was a huge enough explosion. Imagine what would have happened had it HIT. And imagine one just a few sizes bigger.

Folks there are Mountains up there! With an Fe core, we're talking damage we haven't seen since perhaps dinosaur extinction times.

This is the reason why a pseudo-intellectual like Phage doesn't want you believing in the galactic center/ecliptic. No need to worry the people of Earth before the End hits them like a nuke out of left field.

Finally, please remember the words of Jimi Hendrix' Valleys of Neptune. He specifically requested that this album not be released until it was close to 2012. He had visions of a huge space rock coming, as have I. That's why he was called

A Rock Star

The video comes closest to the actual lyrics, but still not perfect. Here' the closest I can come up with:

Valleys of Neptune

I feel the ocean swaying me
Washin away all my pain
See where I used to be wounded
Remember the scar? now you can't see a thing
And I don't feel no pain oh no
hey
Singin about the valleys of sunrise
Green and blue canyons too
Im singin about Atlantis love songs
Valleys of Neptune is risiing, rising, rising

www.metrolyrics.com...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Sat Aug 3 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Thank you for the informative post. While i really don't have anything to add to the information you posted, i must say that the song valleys of neptune resonated with me so much when i first listened to it. It ties into edgar cayce and his predictions of atlantis rising. Move over east coast!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Please don't get me wrong, I love Hendrix, but using lyrics from his song to prove something is reaching. When he wrote Purple Haze, he wasn't talking about grape Koolaid. Although, I'm sure he had some very interesting visions.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The last part was the most prophetic. Atlantis was off the East coast of the United States. And there are three ancient continents that sunk beneath the waves. They were Mu (Pacific Ocean), Atlantis (Atlantic Ocean), and Kumari Kandam/Lemuria (Indian Ocean). The time of there resurfacing must be close.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Giving you S&F purely for the comedy value, and the "in your face" directness. Let's see what Phage replies with.

On the topic, this thread reminds me of why I'm staying clear of the EU. Its followers seem to believe in a mish-mash of pseudo-science, half-truths, conspiracy theories, and all sorts of garbage besides.

I'd like to see any scientific articles about us getting close to the Milky Way "ecliptic", or how the galaxy's magnetic fields knock out asteroids from their orbits.
edit on 2-8-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
As a firm believer in the Electric Universe...

Ah, that will be why you dont know anythiung about astronomy.
Never found an electric universer that did.

Normal comets and asteroids etc come at us from our own solar system's ecliptic--e.g. Comet Ison.

Poor form to say "normal comets", because you should be aware there are TWO main groups of comets, and your simple explanation only applies to one of them.
And paradoxically, comet ISON isnt even in that group.

link   
Again with the silly conclusions you draw based on YouTube and song lyrics. Again I will call you a fool. So you expect anyone to take you seriously in any of your threads? I have to believe you are simply a troll looking to have some fun.

Oh, and a non-YouTube based article on exactly what this plane is doing can be found here:

www.nasa.gov...

On the first flight in New Zealand, astronomers used SOFIA to observe the disk of gas and dust orbiting the black hole at the center of our Milky Way galaxy, and two dwarf galaxies, the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds, which accompany the Milky Way. The Magellanic Clouds can be seen easily with the naked eye in the southern sky.

"SOFIA's deployment to the Southern Hemisphere shows the remarkable versatility of this observatory, which is the product of years of fruitful collaboration and cooperation between the U.S. and German space agencies," said Paul Hertz, director of NASA's Astrophysics Division in Washington. "This is just the first of a series of SOFIA scientific deployments envisioned over the mission's planned 20-year lifetime."

A vital part of the collaboration is a far-infrared spectrometer, the German Receiver for Astronomy at Terahertz Frequencies (GREAT). Mounted on SOFIA's telescope for the entire deployment, GREAT is especially suited for studies of interstellar gas and the life cycle of stars.

edit on 8/2/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Could you please show me the evidence that moving through the galactic center will dislodge the Oort cloud -- and then show me evidence that the dislodging of stuff from the Oort cloud will have a major effect on us in the near future?

This sounds like an interesting idea, but you haven't really shown me anything that would necessarily give me cause for concern -- major or otherwise.

edit on 8/2/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Could you please show me the evidence that moving through the galactic center will dislodge the Oort cloud -- and then show me evidence that the dislodging of stuff from the Oort cloud will have a major effect on us in the near future?

This sounds like an interesting idea, but you haven't really shown me anything that would necessarily give me cause for concern -- major or otherwise.

You won't get anything except smoke and mirrors from this clown. It is all "thought experiments" with nothing to back them up except YouTube and song lyrics with a little creative writing mixed in. Same as EVERY other thread he makes.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
I'd like to see any acientific articles about us getting close to the Milky Way "ecliptic"....

For a bit of background research, track down a few threads from just before the December 2012 insanity. One common like of garbage being pushed at that time was the thought that our solar system was going to cross the galactic plane on that date.
Wasnt true, didnt happen, wont happen. Didnt even make any sense then, or now.

Stupid to see it being resurrected once again so soon after the last fail.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Normal comets and asteroids etc come at us from our own solar system's ecliptic

Normal comets? What's that, I don't know of any such definition in astronomy. There are long period comets, which have orbits with random inclinations, and short period comets orbiting closer to the plane of the ecliptic. www.britastro.org...

ISON has an orbital inclination of 62.39°, that's actually closer to vertical than to the ecliptic.

But hey, let's not get science get in the way of a good story.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

You won't get anything except smoke and mirrors from this clown. It is all "thought experiments" with nothing to back them up except YouTube and song lyrics with a little creative writing mixed in. Same as EVERY other thread he makes.

Yeah -- I know.

I just want the OP to perform his "due diligence" and show me evidence of:

(a) how the Oort cloud WILL in fact be perturbed, and
(b) how this will necessarily mean that we will "soon get showered by a tsunami of space rocks".

I mean, If he is going to make these claims, then show me the "why and how" of it (like I said -- perform his due diligence). Otherwise, it is only idle speculation.

I'm sure the Oort cloud could be perturbed in such a way that (eventually) objects from it could affect the Earth, but will moving into a different part of the galaxy do this? If so, then how? And how many rocks? Also, how long would it take for these object to affect Earth (how long would it take to for the objects to reach Earth from the Oort cloud) -- 5 years? 100 years? 1,000 years? 100,000 years? Longer?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So basically, you've removed nubiru and inserted Oort Cloud object.

Actually, we could probably be more specific and say ISON will replace nubiru.

How lazy.

Anyway, how will we be able to measure and detect these EM disturbances when ISON passes by?

Which spacecraft's data should we keep an eye on?

edit on 2-8-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

on the ecliptic of the Milky Way
The Milky Way does not have an ecliptic (you really should look it up). Perhaps you are talking about the Galactic plane. The Solar System passed through the center of that several million years ago and will not do so again for many millions more.

In addition, the solar system moves perpendicular to the galactic plane in a harmonic fashion, with a period of 52 to 74 million years and an amplitude of ~49 to 93 pc out of the galactic plane. (The uncertainties in the estimates of the period and amplitude of the motion are caused by the uncertainty in the amount of dark matter in the galactic disk.) The Sun and planets passed through the galactic plane about 2-3 million years ago, moving "northward."

www.astro.ncu.edu.tw...

Normal comets and asteroids etc come at us from our own solar system's ecliptic--e.g. Comet Ison.
ISON is not on the ecliptic.
edit on 8/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You've been busy this morning..

Originally posted by Phage

on the ecliptic of the Milky Way
The Milky Way does not have an ecliptic (you really should look it up). Perhaps you are talking about the Galactic plane. The Solar System passed through the center of that several million years ago and will not do so again for many millions more.

In addition, the solar system moves perpendicular to the galactic plane in a harmonic fashion, with a period of 52 to 74 million years and an amplitude of ~49 to 93 pc out of the galactic plane. (The uncertainties in the estimates of the period and amplitude of the motion are caused by the uncertainty in the amount of dark matter in the galactic disk.) The Sun and planets passed through the galactic plane about 2-3 million years ago, moving "northward."

www.astro.ncu.edu.tw...

ISON is not on the ecliptic.

"Dark Matter"

I don't buy it but I'm not as knowledgable as you... However I do know a guess when I hear one. "The uncertainties in the estimates..." translates to "We're pretty much guessing here" and considering that Dark Matter is hypothetical....

...of course none of that actually nullifies your dispute of the OPs claim.

Stay dilligent Phage... some of us do appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I must wonder: Do you have any idea of how long it would take objects to fall inward from the Oort cloud?
Clue: It takes tens of thousands of years.

The theory of the "electric universe" may have some proponents, but far less than those that find that the effects of gravity do very nicely with respect to objects that move in space.

If nothing else, review some detailed orbital times of the long-period comets to get a handle on the lengths of time required. And those comets are not even assumed to be orbiting from the Oort cloud.

Actually, they don't know where comets are really coming from or for what reason they aren't hitting the sun dead center when they do get here. Basic physics says that they should because they have little angular motion in the movements of their original orbits, but conveniently in virtually very instance, incoming long-period comets swing around in front of the sun and head back out to return exactly from their point of origin. You could, just as easily, imagine comets to be controlled bodies from distant stars and be just as correct or wrong as conventional cometary explanation theories.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

"The uncertainties in the estimates..." translates to "We're pretty much guessing here"
No.
It allows for an uncertainty of 1 million years. We passed through the galactic plane no more than 3 million years ago and no less than 2 million years ago. Considering the period of the cycle the margin for error is quite small. But heaven forbid you should actually read the paper.

It certainly does not mean that we are about about to "cross" the plane.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

This shouldn't be any surprise to those of us who understand that we are approaching the ecliptic of the galaxy from the NORTH going SOUTH!

I assume you mean the Galactic Plane? Which we're not approaching at all, we're moving away from it .....

earthsky.org...

And most objects in the Oort cloud are made of ice - it's only closer to the Sun that we find objects made of heavier elements like iron, most notably on Earth (possibly the biggest source of iron in the solar system?) and in the Asteroid Belt

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I assume that we all realize that Dark Matter and the Oort Cloud are hypothetical. Niether have ever been observed or detected in any way whatsoever.

Please GTF off of your high horses and stop belittling those who don't sit around eating Cheetoes all day browising the internet to correct those who are "wrong".

Those who speak from a self percieved postion of "authority" regarding subjects that are by strict definition hypothetical (translate as guess work) are basically just mentally masturbating.

...and no. I didn't read the "paper". That fine website is filtered here at the office.

Have a lovely day...

edit on 2-8-2013 by Blarneystoner because: Cranky Phage is cranky...

edit on 2-8-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

So we don't need worry about imaginary massive iron comets from the hypothetical Oort cloud hitting the Earth next week due to us not crossing the Galactic Plane

Thread closed?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join