It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: Alien frightens UFO skeptic in England

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

I fail to see the point of this post, it amounts to nothing.

That's the nature of this subject , it rarely does amount to anything .

Unfortunately, that is true. It's not that I mind horribly having some mystery in my existence. Who wants everything explained away as being mundane? But as time goes by and as the whole UFO field approaches 70 years old (if you consider Kenneth Arnold's sighting of 1947 as the seminal event), you would think we would have made a bit more progress.

edit on 2-8-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

More made up drivel from lunatic witness!
Please .. Is this "Above Top Secret"

lols if nothing else!

edit on 2-8-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Originally posted by rigel4

More made up drivel from lunatic witness!
Please .. Is this "Above Top Secret"

lols if nothing else!

With all due respect, your comment seems hypocritical. You label the story as "made up drivel", but don't provide any reasoning. If stories and posts should consist of reason, logic, rational thought, and evidence then shouldn't your response as well?

I mean no offense.

Also, if you go to the original 2010 article which gortex linked it is clear that the witness does not think it is "aliens".

metro.co.uk...
"However, Mr Shaw said he remained a sceptic and was at a loss to explain Saturday’s incident."

This was in response to the label of a type 3 close encounter.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

you have obviously got a different version. I understood it was the alien who was uttering my my but you seem to have it that it was the witness who said that and after he had a few beers, or are you saying the alien had a few beers, because it was it who was uttering my my..

strange how we all differ when it comes to perception, especially of text...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by compressedFusion

edit on 2-8-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The description does not say the beingg "uttered" my my.
It says the being made a droning sound that SOUNDED LIKE my my.

These minor discrepancies do this subject no justice.

Look, I understand this is ATS as well as anyone. I know what the standards are here.
I also said that I do not buy this story either.

My entire point in posting here at all was to rebuke the notion that this story is inherently "rubbish".
There are other angles of interest here. Perhaps re-read EthicalSkepticc's post for a very eloquent explanation as to why one may be interested in this story for the story's sake.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

"Made up drivel from a lunatic".

Thanks. I didn't have to go beyond ONE of your posts to determine you are, at best searching for approval as a skeptic, and at WORST an intellectual dim wit.
Either way I feel confident I can simply ignore your future posts and not miss much.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Rocker2013

Even if the guy had caught all this on steady, high definition video the very same people who demanded the video in the first place would be lining up to call it fake.

It is simply too easy to fake stuff theae days.

Furthermore, given the specifics of some particular close encounter accounts, I won't ever expect to see video of an actual event. It appears that when you are close to an alien, you lose the ability to think and act for yourself, as if by mind control.

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by rigel4

"Made up drivel from a lunatic".

Thanks. I didn't have to go beyond ONE of your posts to determine you are, at best searching for approval as a skeptic, and at WORST an intellectual dim wit.
Either way I feel confident I can simply ignore your future posts and not miss much.

Your spelling and Grammar let you down and give away the fact that
you are wannabe Intellectual.
I Don't care if you ignore my sub standard posts!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Your spelling and Grammar let you down and give away the fact that
you are wannabe Intellectual.
I Don't care if you ignore my sub standard posts!

Goal achieved.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MongusePro

Their are cases of encounters where people claim they were somehow "artificially induced with fear"...like they all of a sudden were awash with terror,... this aspect of the whole subject disturbs me the most... if they can control our emotions, then all bets are off and who knows what they want or are doing...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

ok ok okay,
it was a droning sound and not a word was uttered, did the dog make a droning sound like a bark or did it actually utter a bark hmm!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Some folk will tell us their incident in confidence. Others will tell us via the mainstream media. As random internet text, for me the answer lies in whether this person still has any friends or not. Will you find this man at the pub laughing about it? People generally shut down for a bit after some strange experience like this/of the UFO sort. And trusting the media with your story is always an interesting step.

My friend told me in confidence that he experienced some floating in the air green goo in a forest and walked through it (it appeared in front of him as he was walking) and no I can't back that up, nor do I necessarily believe it - but he told me in confidence as many people have with their stories.

I've been lied to. I'm sure most people have. I can't get my head round why of all people you would lie to, you'd lie to mainstream media. MSM destroys people. It's like a combine harvester, you don't stick your arm in it or you lose your arm. If people want to "toy" with MSM for fame etc that's fine but it still destroys them in the end.

So it's quite an "amazing" account. I'm on the fence about it. I mean, I know people call in TV shows when they ask for Tweets etc and stupidity manages to slip in. But destroying all your credibility over some alien hoax? I don't think any single, one person would do this. You'd only do it if your friends are in on it too. At least then all four of you can laugh and feel some comfort together when the rest of the world thinks you're a tit. So, undecided! Not quite the credentials of some stories, but interesting none the less.

If fake, whatever. They've just generated themselves years of unwanted interest. Not our fault

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

That is exactly my point, and spoken much more eloquently than I put it.

People don't just "come out" with these stories unless they are 1) serious as hell, or 2) completely insane, as they are risking ALL by going public.

Now, you can take the aforementioned dim wit approach and just call them all lunatics, but you are gonna +ave to get real damn busy building your "lunatics gambling their lives away" list.
Or, you can get crackin' on what is REALLY going on here.
Personally, I file this story away for further recollection. If that makes me a "wannabe intellectual" so be it.
I'm not gonna change the way I talk and EFF YOU to the doosh who insults me. Good riddance.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Now, you can take the aforementioned dim wit approach and just call them all lunatics, but you are gonna +ave to get real damn busy building your "lunatics gambling their lives away" list.
Or, you can get crackin' on what is REALLY going on here.
Personally, I file this story away for further recollection. If that makes me a "wannabe intellectual" so be it.
I'm not gonna change the way I talk and EFF YOU to the doosh who insults me. Good riddance.

Agreed. This is the essence of true skepticism, filing data and observations until possibly they become useful. Avoid the temptation to make a claim, simply observe and respect. The only construct that might be developed from all this is, that there is a mental state in humankind which makes people lie about impossible aircraft and tall hairy men, en masse. This could be the causal explanation, indeed, and certainly must be one of the hypotheses we look to support with added data.

But we don't see leprechauns, we don't see zombies, we don't see fairies, we don't see zorbaltoids nor Gorgons, or gargoyles, nor giant ants, nor blob monsters, nor Frankenstein, nor Dracula, nor the Mummy, ...no, we do not even see so much as one hyped tabloid on someone who has seen God himself - despite the saturation of these archetypes both in our society and our minds. There is not a website entitled "Filer's Jesus Files" outlining the hundreds of people who have seen Jesus walking on clouds and across town on a daily basis.

None of these are observed on a regular basis DESPITE their well known position inside the human condition as archetypes, and the extraordinary role they play as icons in our minds, fears and dreams.

Yet we do see certain things and we see them, not on our terms, not driven by our mind, but we see them profile as if they were driven by an external arrival distribution function (systems simulation and modeling term, sorry). Not an endemic facet of human subconsciousness; these phenomena do not bear Human-S curve profiles, as do other psychological phenomena.

This gives a true skeptic pause. Not a conclusion mind you; rather a silent moment to exercise the mental discipline of discernment, the curiosity of the intelligent mind, and the insight of a detective. Something is afoot. I do not know what it is. To let my mouth fly off with a conclusion would be unwise. To tell other people what to conclude, would be to proclaim this lack of wisdom to the world.

Whipping out a memorized 1972 Skeptic's Handbook pat answer to keep one's self from being scared, is pseudoscience.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEthicalSkeptic

Man, if you are not a writer, you should be. I really enjoy reading your posts.

It is exactly this "pause" given to skeptics that I am interested in.
I have personal experience in this matter and I cannot shake my personal testimony.
Like the story presented here, I have no evidence, just a darn story.

But this is EXACTLY why I am most interested in correlations, rather than hard evidence.
But given my personal experience, I also cannot be entirely skeptical.

SOMETHING is afoot. What that is is the million dollar question.
But to arbitrarily call all story tellers "lunatics" is insulting to me and I will meet it head on and in kind. But hopefully with a little more tact.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The guy's description of the figure brought this incident to mind. It's strange in that, we have all the people's full names and yet, having taken photos of the "images" the creatures left on the barn wall, nothing. You'd have thought everyone would be falling over themselves to view them and yet, as far as I can find nothing. Rather strange it's so specific in its' detail about the witness's identities and then so almost blasé, about the fact they claimed to have photos. The story is at the bottom of the page.

Dalby Forest "creatures" Yorks May 2001

THE NAKED COUPLE Location/Date: Dalby Forest, Yorkshire, UK - May 2001 - mid-afternoon On a beautiful sunny day John Peterson, his wife Jean, and their two children, Peter 9-years old and Laura 7 years old were picnicking in an isolated area among the trees. As they prepared the table with food and drinks the children were busy playing nearby, John and his wife became aware of two figures approaching them from across the field. As the figures got closer they saw a man and woman who both appeared to be naked. John and Jean were furious and John, unable to contain himself, shouted to them to cover themselves up in the presence of the children. The two figures did not acknowledge the man shouting at them and did not alter their pace, but walked past the front of the two angry parents about 30 ft away. At this time John and Jean realized that the two figures were not normal people; they looked strange and almost transparent. John shouted to his wife, "I must get a picture of this" and ran to the nearby car where he hurriedly grabbed his camera. He ran back just in time to see the two figures walk into the open side of a derelict barn. John ran into the barn, camera in hand, but was startled to find that there was no sign of the couple, but to his amazement he saw a perfect picture of them etched onto the wall of the barn. He immediately took some photographs and then the family hastily left the area because his wife and children were terrified. Strange occurrences have been reported in the forest before, including animal mutilations. Source: local authorities NOTE: A British friend, who works in the Forestry Service, referred this story to me a few years ago. He stated that there were several reports of unknown creatures roaming the North Yorkshire Moors and the Dalby Forest. As well, the area has a deep mythical history.

This is not the site I originally read the story on and has been lifted and copied and pasted onto the site I gave the link for so, see no reason not to quote it in full here.
edit on 3-8-2013 by FireMoon because: add info

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Could you ex quote tag the relevant passages please?
I am reading about phantom monitor lizards and junk.
Thanks in advance.

ETA: Wow. Thanks for that. It doesn't quite correlate here, but adds considerably to the catttle mutilation discussion.
Thanks again.

Thoroughly enjoy your posts as well. Nearly automatic stars.
edit on 3-8-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join