It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: Alien frightens UFO skeptic in England

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

UFO: Alien frightens UFO skeptic in England

www.lecanadian.com...

"The object was round in shape and about 30-feet in diameter and 100-foot long, with blue and red flashing lights on its perimeter, and it appeared to land at the top end of the park by the bowling green.”

He further describes the alien and talks about its height, features and movement.

"It was about four-feet high and seemed to be translucent, and moved very slowly towards us.. it made a droning noise which sounded like 'my my,' over and over again, which I could not understand.”

So there have been an increase in UFO "sightings" here on ATS of late...some hoax some have potential. But this case I am not sure of. What credibility does this story have? For example, could there have been a sketch drawn of the alien and craft? Did he go see a doctor for his twisted ankle or lack in ability to sleep properly?

I don't know what else to say but everyone is entitled to their own story in life...but I am still skeptic about these types of "encounters"....

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

What credibility does this story have

You would have to ask yourself what makes any story credible. Just a single person claiming to see something fantasic is not very credible at all.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I fail to see the point of this post, it amounts to nothing.

reply to post by Skywatcher2011

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

I don't know what else to say but everyone is entitled to their own story in life...but I am still skeptic about these types of "encounters"....

So are you accusing those that have "encounters" of lying?

I don't know what's going on, but something is happening that can't be explained by conventional means.

www.nuforc.org...

I can take you to an area in Southern Colorado that will dissipate your skeptism and change your whole outlook on "reality"....it did mine!

bygonebureau.com...
edit on 2-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This seems to have been originally reported a couple of years ago as the story appears in the Metro from 12 Feb 2010 .
As for the story itself who knows , although I do wonder if the night time stroll was him going home from the pub

metro.co.uk...

reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

That's the nature of this subject , it rarely does amount to anything .

edit on 2-8-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Interesting account of an alleged encounter but unfortunately holds no credit without a shred of evidence. I have an issue with the actions of the individual as well. He talks about how he watched as it slowly comes towards him but then suddenly decides to run for no apparent reason.

I'm pretty sure his fight or flight reflex would have kicked in the moment he saw the being, there's no context to the story, why did he run, what did the dog do? how long did the whole incident last? These are basic things you would have thought the journalist would have asked.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MongusePro

I agree with you on that...so much that was left unsaid to the media.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSZOMBIE

I am not trying to make a point other than the fact that most alien stories lack evidence for us to see...moreover, there are a lot of left out questions and answers from any interview which are critical to understand the nature of the story teller which would help us to see if they are nuts, or if maybe there is some truth to their experience.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I also agree with above, perhaps HE was also the journalist and the dog his assistant editor, and the alien being was actually him coming home from the lumpy frog pub....

Stories without evidence of any kind or back up of at least one other preferably human being is required, anyone can say they were alone when they met up with a neurosurgeon who was actually a zebra... hm! see it's easy to talk silly...

Anyway can't study this case too much as there is nothing to verify anything so it's gotta go on the rubbish heap sos.......

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Rubbish heap?

No, I think not.
This story, like so many others, will be filed away in the grey matter until, and if, I come across another story, independent of this one, that uses some of the same elements.
If that happens, there is likely a grain of truth here.
If it does not, oh well.

A story may be true even though we cannot verify it at this time.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You know the one thing that really astounds me? All those phones out there in public hands, with every single one of them having a camera attached to them, and yet we never see any video or photographic evidence of these encounters.

Yeah, there's a lot of videos of blurry things in the sky (often easily debunked as being balloons, reflections, or blatant hoaxes), but we never see a video or photo from those who claim to have seen a landing and an alien being right in front of them

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Even if the guy had caught all this on steady, high definition video the very same people who demanded the video in the first place would be lining up to call it fake.

It is simply too easy to fake stuff theae days.

Furthermore, given the specifics of some particular close encounter accounts, I won't ever expect to see video of an actual event. It appears that when you are close to an alien, you lose the ability to think and act for yourself, as if by mind control.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
One of the comments to the article reads "[yeah,yeah,blah] pics or it didn't happen ...not trying to discredit the claim. but jeeze we hear these stories all the time. we want to see some action now."

My first question, is this a claim, or an observation? As long as we treat it as a claim, we can chose to be lazy and perpetuate the mystery.

For me, I want to know why we hear these stories all the time, not pretend there is just one story. If it is a flaw in human character, or a psychosis, hysteria, or a pre-conditioned archetype stress response, then we need to gain some insights around this with actual science. I am all game for this as the conclusive outcome of real science. And if I had only heard this story, one time, of course I could easily dismiss it. My skeptic black belt is as honed as anyone's. I do not need professional skeptics telling me what my conclusions are to be, sans effort, sans scientific method.

I could sit in my basement as well, late into the night, holding a Budweiser in my shorts and a t-shirt eating cheetos and spewing crumbs all over the monitor shouting 'fake' night after night, day after day. But for me that is not acceptable. That is pseudoscience.

I want to know why these people are saying these things.

edit on 2-8-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I can take you to an area in Southern Colorado that will dissipate your skeptism and change your whole outlook on "reality"....it did mine! bygonebureau.com...

That's a great article!
....it convinces me of nothing other than the weirdness of people....but it is a great article!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

into the ol' grey area uh! huh! ok! but but but there's no room, the grey area is FULL omg now what? do we have to actually try to disect this case, but where will we start, do we start with the dog, cross examine him perhaps, he only seems to know about sheep and bones,, ok the man, did his doctor verify he had a sprained ankle, to give some sort of back up to that part of his story, was the alien stuttering, the witness claimed it was repeating "my-my" was it trying to say my saucer is outa fuel?
the man said he ran from the scene, but what of the dog? did it do as other dogs and bark and run around the being. the craft was landed next to a bowling alley, was the alien good at bowling? did he ever finish his sentence or is he still stuttering my my my my.
was this witness to this event hypnotized / regressed. was he xrayed for alien implants.
is there any kind of back up to anything in this story, and it all happened in the park next to a bowling alley where the hell was everyone else. or was the bowling alley conveniently closed... he was walking his dog, what was everyone else in the neighbourhood doing? sorry can't buy this, too many if's and's and but's for me ....

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

I don't buy the story either.
All I am saying is that we have a pretty unoque description of an alien here. I don't recall too many folks describing them as translucent. Nor do I recall hearing too many folks describe an alien as making an audible sound. Unless we are talking about the "Nordic" types. Those guys seem to speak perfect English.

There is a big gap between a guy telling a story he believes to be true and ACTUAL truth.
Chances are this is a story of subjective truth, but who knows...

In any event, say five years down the road someone else describes this exact being emerging from a cigar shaped craft. What then?

This may be a mental universal issue as well. A delusion.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I can see your point accepted, I guess more needs to be known about the dog walking engineer, and there doesn't seem to be much follow up, for example where are his relatives to say "We've known this guy all our lives and he is not someone who makes up stories" or "We've known this guy all our lives and you couldn't believe a word he says" and ok, his description of the "Alien" would also match up with someone with a sheet over their heads and just uttering something that sounds like my-my.
and The craft was so so soooo big in a built up area, I assume it was a built up area because it had a bowling alley, and for that to be successful it needs plenty of customers, so it's hardly built in a remote location...and was it closed because if not surely someone would have gone in or out and is it possible they didn't notice a30ft by 100ft craft sitting in the park just beside it.....
but as I said granted, I see your point, his description of the alien may gel in with a description from an unattached other case someplace else, and if it did it may lend some credit to this mans tale.... thank you for the link to this, and no matter how odd or unbelievable clips may be, we need to see 'em all to help us arrive at our own conclusions of what we think the big picture should look like..

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Rubbish heap?

No, I think not.
This story, like so many others, will be filed away in the grey matter until, and if, I come across another story, independent of this one, that uses some of the same elements.
If that happens, there is likely a grain of truth here.
If it does not, oh well.

A story may be true even though we cannot verify it at this time.

Okay, but if other people find this story and then "claim" they saw the same thing will not add any truth to the matter unless actual video/photo of the experience takes place. Anyone can copy & paste this story. But this forum seeks evidence....proof...etc...

Until then, these are just subjective stories to controversy and plagiarism!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop
reply to post by JayinAR

I can see your point accepted, I guess more needs to be known about the dog walking engineer, and there doesn't seem to be much follow up, for example where are his relatives to say "We've known this guy all our lives and he is not someone who makes up stories" or "We've known this guy all our lives and you couldn't believe a word he says" and ok, his description of the "Alien" would also match up with someone with a sheet over their heads and just uttering something that sounds like my-my.

Hey, I can do the same thing have buddies and family back me up this way. All I have to do is change the "my my" into "bleh bleh" and that means I am not hallucinating?!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop
reply to post by JayinAR

the man said he ran from the scene, but what of the dog? did it do as other dogs and bark and run around the being. the craft was landed next to a bowling alley, was the alien good at bowling? did he ever finish his sentence or is he still stuttering my my my my.

If he abandoned the dog, he is truly sheepish and there is a coverup. He probably kept mumbling my my to himself because that is what he said when he rolled on his ankle and stumbled after a few beers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join