It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Prism Notifier Plug-In for Firefox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hiya fellow ATSers! I found a plugin for Firefox that plays some music from Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon album whenever you visit a site that is watched by the NSA.
Now, I have only had it installed for a short while, but, of course when I visit Facebook, it chimes in. Then when I visited We Know The Secrets Of The Federal Reserve's website it started as well.
I'm sure that it is not nearly all inclusive, however, it's a friendly reminder that you are being apathetic.

In Firefox, go to :Tools>Add-ons>Pug-ins>Search>Dark Side Of The Prism>Install.

Like I said, I'm sure it's not completely thorough, hell, it doesn't sing when I log into ATS, but, it's a reminder anyhow.
Anybody else using this? Have any weird sites that were unexpected show up?
Cheers

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Useless, they spy on it all.. This plug-in really does nothing to protect you, as someone might think or confuse it. Even a vpn can be hacked.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx
Useless, they spy on it all.. This plug-in really does nothing to protect you, as someone might think or confuse it. Even a vpn can be hacked.

Protection isnt the point of the plug-in. It's just an audible tone to help drive home just how often/much you're being spied on.

Seems realistically the tone should just scream nonstop as long as you're connected to the internet.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by starfoxxx

Protection isnt the point of the plug-in. It's just an audible tone to help drive home just how often/much you're being spied on.

Seems realistically the tone should just scream nonstop as long as you're connected to the internet.

Basically dead on... Just don't want someone computer illiterate to think it actually is useful. If you keep up on ATS you'd know they watch every site (not you, but you know what i mean)...
edit on 2-8-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The plug-in is completely pointless and serves absolutely no purpose. There's no way that the plug-in would have of knowing if a site is monitored by the NSA. Its like any other useless telephone or browser widget.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

Pretty cool add on, if it's truly accurate. I installed it and tried it but it quickly became annoying, even though I like Pink Floyd.

Also, I noticed that once installed my saved passwords would no longer auto-complete.

After 5 minutes, I uninstalled it. Too annoying, lol.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

Hello?

I don't think some folks get it . . .

The PTB have been monitoring

ALL electricity based circuits for AT LEAST 40 years by literally acres of computers.

Some APP to alert about websites is mostly useless.

They monitor what goes into everything and what comes out of everything.

They monitor each phone circuit.

Privacy and the Constitution have been shredded for a very long time.

It won't likely get any better until after the literal Armageddon.

Then all the evil doers will be removed.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Well Flyswatter, I realize that it's not protection or even very accurate as I stated in my op. I just thought it was kind of cool and reminded me just how much NSA watches. I guess that was the whole point.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Yeah, I'm uninstalling it now too. Haha. Oh well, it was cool for a while. Now it's just annoying. [put's head back in the sand] lol

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wirefly
reply to post by flyswatter

Well Flyswatter, I realize that it's not protection or even very accurate as I stated in my op. I just thought it was kind of cool and reminded me just how much NSA watches. I guess that was the whole point.

My point is that the only accuracy here is blind chance, and there is no way of even knowing how much that amounts to. It cant possibly determine what it is designed to determine, so there is literally no point to the app. I could start screaming random website names and be just as good as this app.

I'd be more concerned of this being malware than anything else.
edit on 2-8-2013 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

crap.
from addon's source code:

var prismSitez = ["google.com", "gmail.com", "facebook.com", "bing.com", "yahoo.com", "aol.com","apple.com","skype.com", "microsoft.com", "youtube.com","hotmail.com"];

that's all it checks it seems. also, the audio file (and not only that) gets loaded via http from a web server.

it means that that server's owner can actually see who (IP address) is using said addon and which one of those sites he actually has opened (http referer - stuff gets embedded into currently loaded website). with a little luck and/or addon update, it could perhaps get your session info to hijack your facebook/gmail/whatever login. it certainly is able to forward (via http referer - so it's actually automatic and ends up in the server logs - a server hosting addon's external files) your google searches, facebook urls (so your profile and profiles of your family/friends) and so on.

basically, it does what it says it warns about - logs info about people willing to hide from the government. wether it is because of extremely stupid design or on purpose, doesn't matter.

DO NOT USE IT.
edit on 2-8-2013 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

top topics

join