It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ - New Federal Election Commission And IRS LInks To Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Back in May, I wrote a thread about how in 2008 Obama used the Federal Election Commission to target conservatives. Obama 2008 - And An Early Start To The IRS Scandal -Threats To Challage Non Profit Status And earlier this week, I started reading increased chatter about this.

Now, emails have been released that prove that Lois Lerner and Federal Election Commission officials were working hand in hand to target conservatives. All under the direction of Obama's attorney. This back and forth chatter between the FEC staff and IRS was illegal.

I have been saying this all along, the IRS scandal started with Obama in 2008 in order to steal the election.

In late summer of 2008, Obama lawyer Bob Bauer took issue with ads run against his boss by a 501(c)(4) conservative outfit called American Issues Project. Mr. Bauer filed a complaint with the FEC, called on the criminal division of the Justice Department to prosecute AIP, and demanded to see documents the group had filed with the IRS.

Thanks to Congress's newly released emails, we now know that FEC attorneys went to Ms. Lerner to pry out information about AIP—the organization the Obama campaign wanted targeted. An email from Feb. 3, 2009, shows an FEC attorney asking Ms. Lerner "whether the IRS had issued an exemption letter" to AIP, and requesting that she share "any information" on the group. Nine minutes after Ms. Lerner received this FEC email, she directed IRS attorneys to fulfill the request.

This matters because FEC staff didn't have permission from the Commission to conduct this inquiry. It matters because the IRS is prohibited from sharing confidential information, even with the FEC. What the IRS divulged is unclear. Congressional investigators are demanding to see all communications between the IRS and FEC since 2008, and given that Ms. Lerner came out of the FEC's office of the general counsel, that correspondence could prove illuminating

New Links Emerge in the IRS Scandal

edit on 2-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
P-O-W-E-R gone wild and crazy.

Now we have a more 'transparent' view of why Lois took the 5th.

Bus Loads of high officials on this list

Next stop -- the White House

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Thanks for posting this. Star and Flag.
What will Obama have to say next? That 'the IRS is phony' or 'the FEC is phony' ? That the communications were phony?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Who would have thought that Lois was involved with this at the start? Back in May when I posted this, all we had was the complaint from the American Issues Project. And now these emails come up proving their claims? This makes a pretty strong case. And if this involves Obama's attorney acting for him, then well, this involves Obama.

This article is the most popular on the Wall Street Journal, so I think this baby has wings.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Duplicate post, but why waste space? Obama has just nominated John Koskinen as commissioner of the IRS. This man has experience dealing with institutions in need of reform.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by elouina

What will Obama have to say next? That 'the IRS is phony' or 'the FEC is phony' ? That the communications were phony?

He should just simply tell the truth -
It would go something like this:

"I am phony" .

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Originally posted by xuenchen

Who would have thought that Lois was involved with this at the start? Back in May when I posted this, all we had was the complaint from the American Issues Project. And now these emails come up proving their claims? This makes a pretty strong case. And if this involves Obama's attorney acting for him, then well, this involves Obama.

This article is the most popular on the Wall Street Journal, so I think this baby has wings.

Yes...

You and I and some other members pretty much had it nailed back in May

Here's some of my posts;;;;

May 14th www.abovetopsecret.com...

May 21st www.abovetopsecret.com...

July 18th www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by elouina

Thanks for posting this. Star and Flag.

Nah, why do that? He'll just blame the Republicans or say that he had no knowledge of what his lawyer was doing on his behalf.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

The only factual part of the op ed is....

What the IRS divulged is unclear.

The rest is smoke and mirrors.

Here's an interesting article,

So here we have a suggestion of wrongdoing from selectively leaked emails from partisan sources that don't actually establish any malfeasance. And we have conservative writers running with that suggestion and trying to convince anyone who'll listen that there really is a fire beneath all this smoke. This is how the whole IRS scandal got started, and it's how the conservative press will try to keep it alive.

A Real-Time Example Of How Scandals Are Manufactured

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
nah, I see what Obama will say^^^...... 'Republicans are phony.'

top topics

join