It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now I know why conspiracy theories are mocked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

These wild and ridiculous theories are created, funded and proliferated by intelligence agencies whenever there seems to be a real meme developing.

Oh how i love the irony of this statement.

you make a claim that all of these wild 9/11 conspiracies are crated by intelligence agencies...

which in itself is a wild and ridiculous theory....

So by your own logic I could argue that you must be working for one of these intelligence agencies.

The government has no need to fuel the fires of the wild 9/11 conspiracies because there really are some pretty crazy people in the 9/11 truth movement who really do believe that the panes were holograms and the buildings were destroyed by space energy beams.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I am skeptic through and through........ Have I fallen for dis-info..yes... have I learned that it was not true... yes and I moved on with my life LOL...

I would point out that once the world consensus was it was flat.. This was taught as fact. The crazy people believed the world was round...

while I do see conspiracies which I do not believe... because of the fallibility of man and a determined group of conspirators I can never 100 percent blow a conspiracy out of the water but rank them as "not too frick'in likely".....

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

In the US intelligence agencies collected 97 billion net conversations in a month, the congress recently passed a bill allowing the use of propaganda against the US citizens.

If you were very niave you might think these are unrelated, if you are even more niave you might think that this is not already happening.

In what way does it help the US regime if it is widely understood that 911 was a false flag attack, and given the answer to that rhetorical question - what are they going to do about movements that are showing quite clearly it was indeed a false flag attack?

There is no irony in my statement at all - the evidence of intelligence agencies manipulating public opinion, and involving itself in domestic affairs to create a pro regime narrative is documented and a matter of record.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

The US government is not planting stupid 9/11 conspiracy theories, it is only the crazier fractions of the 9/11 conspiracy movement that are doing that.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

so you chose the most outrageous and completely stupid theories about 9/11 and focused on those.. good job.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Whilst I appreciate what the OP was trying to say which I understand and agree with to a level, the actual content of the post basically pokes fun at all sorts of theories which are clearly daft to any so called proper 9/11 truther, making everyone out to be a wacko by picking on those stories was a bad choice.

Those of us who have reservations about 9/11 do so for the more obvious unanswered questions such as:-

Where are the multi angle pictures of the jet hitting the Pentagon, they DO have them but released insulting gifs which are clear as mud yet we KNOW they have numerous camera's that got footage yet are Classified!

Why did the plane hit the Pentagon where it did, this isn't about the papers etc, the pilot who was according to the record 'pretty awful' goes right off course when he was heading pretty much on to Dick Cheneys office and does what plane experts say was beyond the planes capabilities and pilots skill to do a massive curve and hit spot on the reinforced area.

Done to avoid too many causalities?

Why just after the Pentagon was hit and we were seeing footage from the lawn in front was the lawn and front of the Pentagon missing wreckage of ANY type and then when the FBI arrive suddenly there's photo's of wreckage seen on tv.

Why was a wheel and a rotor found and photographed at the scene the wrong size for that plane yet would have been exactly right for a drone etc.

Why are so many parts of the evidence classified and locked away yet would offer no National Security risk.

Why was the crime scene at Ground Zero illegally raped of evidence and either sold to China or is now held as classified with only a little release to be used in a sculpture or so on (can't remember exactly what)

Why the denial about a scenario for 9/11 being already on the table only to afterwards have to admit they had indeed had a scenario for attacks on the buildings by plane.

Why the denial of forewarning of possible attacks on the US with detail re plane attacks only for them having to admit there HAD been warnings passed on by governments to the US, even Condelisa Rice was telling a Senator not to fly on that day so she must at least have been privy to warnings.

Why is the NIST data model classified?

Why do people get annoyed when people ask how 2 buildings built to withstand a direct Plane crash from a slightly smaller version of the same planes that hit do what no other reinforced steel skyscraper did and fall in to their own footprint from FIRE. No other structures like this have, and the burn period involved in the other structures was many hours longer than the Towers.

And of course, why did WT7 also collapse with minimal burning, no hit from a plane and only mild damage from any debris.

That's 3 heavily reinforced buildings in one day, all falling pretty much in to their own footprint as an amazing worlds first for one let alone 3....Odd's are huge for this scenario...And extremely worrying for its implications of building safety in the US.

As for people dying, yes innocent people died that day, people who never deserved to die, innocent family members, mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers, a huge terrible waste of human life and my heart goes out to them and their remaining family members, the loss of a loved one is beyond words.

People also died trying to be heroes, people ended up giving their lives trying simply to help and it hurts as much to know that happened, if nothing else it made me proud of the human spirit.

I don't believe that planes were whisked away and they landed elsewhere, I don't think holograms were used or any other outlandish conspiracy notion, planes hit those buildings, real planes.

Could they have used remote craft, well of course they could have but I have no reason to suspect they were.

As I've said many times, the US government has and will continue to lie to you daily just as my British government will to me and other Brits, but to believe that because you are British or American your governments are beyond depravity is both stupid and already been proved false many times over.

Does this mean they did 9/11...Pass...It would need massive global co-operation to get away with it..

Would they kill their own people, oh yes, they already contemplated it years ago to provoke war.

I just see parts of 9/11 as unanswered and protected for some unclear reason....

edit on 3-8-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
As for people dying, yes innocent people died that day, .... People also died trying to be heroes,....

I don't believe that planes were whisked away and they landed elsewhere, I don't think holograms were used or any other outlandish conspiracy notion, planes hit those buildings, real planes. Could they have used remote craft, well of course they could have but I have no reason to suspect they were.

See .. your post was REASONABLE. It asked questions. It didn't get into some absurd fantasy land that is worthy of being mocked. It's when people start saying that the airplanes didn't hit the buildings but instead are in Canada, or that the people didn't die but instead all relocated around the world, or that the planes were remote controlled in some kind of ENRON related conspiracy ... THAT is when the line is crossed into the absurd and that's when ALL conspiracy people get mocked ... because of the absurdity of the pathological extremists.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I had to laugh about the plastic surgery being done on people. Was it at gunpoint? Cause who would be willing to have their face changed for a rogue government?
I do believe it's possible that explosives were planted in building 7 to take it down. There were stories that gold was in vaults underneath....who knows...
I do believe that Saudis were involved and if our government was involved they "let it happen" kinda like Pearl Harbor. I believe it was used as a pretext for war.
Some theories floated that the Clintons were actually behind it. It wouldn't surprise me as GWB really did look a bit surprised when reading to the children at the school in Florida. And gee look at the Benghazi thing, with Hillary at the helm in the State Dept. I mean even Joe Biden took credit for having written the basis for the PATRIOT ACT. I have no problem believing that a Marxist with a leftist worldview would be behind an attack which killed many Americans for the cause while stirring up a war with muslims. That is just so CFR. And look at the behavior of the administration today, with Libya, Syria, the Arab spring taking out pro Western leaders and installing the Muslim Brotherhood in those places. Even in Tunisia the Communists are vying for control(I have it on good authority).
But whatever the case, it's likely to involve real terrorists and both political parties.

Here are some real conspiracy theories with facts and research to back them up

vho.org...

www.reformed-theology.org...
edit on 3-8-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Want to talk about 911 conspiracies? Want to do some good and help uncover truth? Great! But be serious and be reasonable. And knock off the attitudes that anyone who disagrees with your outrageous claims is somehow drunk on kool-aide or are ignorant. Otherwise, you do more harm than good.

What if the intent is to do harm to the conversation?

I agree with you about the obvious BS some bring about 911. I know something about demolition and have gone on and on about the lacking evidence. It doesn't matter. So one must conclude this is a campaign of feigned ignorance. Most people want to learn something new and accept it if you show them.

I have a hard time believing that others are either that close minded or part of an agenda to distract from the wars resulting from that day.

If I was the government and wanted people to talk about something else besides who used 911 to start wars and conquer the world, then I might hire a few people to keep those "other" BS conspiracies alive. After all, if you want to find the truth about it you would have to wade through all that crap and might as well try to walk to the moon.

Likewise if I was a person who could not admit they were mistaken about things I say, I would not bend in the slightest when confronted with valid reasons debunking my claims. The world is full of those too.

Then theres the carry ons that just heard something and follow it because others said it before them.

Between people who's job it is to misinform or distract, those who can't admit they are wrong and all the followers of other peoples opinions combined, it makes it harder to discourse reason anymore on the internet.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I don't know, I mainly come here for entertainment. When I read the "Moon made of cheese" type conspiracies I get a kick out of them and I wonder "Does this person REALLY believe this?

I do agree though that when one is posted that actually makes you think and then kind of wonder, I get into those even more. I move we go with the first reply and implement the rating system

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Oh you poor dear, being forced to read all manner of weird conspiracy ideas, rather than the ones that just ring true to you personally...

Now you know how us atheists feel, being inundated daily from birth with ridiculous stories about virgin births, and 'died for your sins' and idiot alcohol-addled presidents who think god talks to them personally...

Me, I LIKE all the weird theories. Wanna know why? Because sometimes there's a grain of truth in them, however nuanced or ill-conceived. Sometimes they make me do some research on a topic or line of reasoning I otherwise would never have thought of. Sometimes what looks ridiculous at first glance, or even second and third glance, ends up being closer to possible reality than anything else I can fathom, after long research and thought.

If you don't like someone's ideas, feel free to move on to the next one. Calling certain people names may be against the local rules; maybe you'd be happier going back to that other site, the one with the little emoticons that were so much more rational, helpful and intelligently designed. You know the place, the one designed for limited information viewers, where new ideas are rarely discussed and oft-ridiculed and the status quo is king.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Oh my, it seems that "reasonable" is in the eye of the beholder.

It seems you are fitting a paradigm that you can look outside of , you HAVE to believe what is told you by official sources, because it is your whole world.

The official theory is just as crazy as the No Plane Theories, but of course it is Bible truth to you.

You cannot EVER offer proof those people died on those planes, when they hit the buildings, how could you possibly verify this ??

Your approach to this is, The Whole Story is true, therefore I must pick the safe "reasonable" coverup parts, the ones that are obvious to see that certain elements capitalized.

It is beyond amazing that anyone with any logic at all , can accept that those towers vaporized into nothing because of a plane crash, it surely shows a complete lack of reasoning skills, and shows a total acceptance to the program they have been fed...hell most physicists are still busy trying to convince themselves this is possible, instead of looking in another direction, despite the fact none of it was possible.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I think the problem with 9/11 truthers (the most ironic name ever) is that they all feed each others rubbish.

So its fine to say for example "I think 9/11 was a false flag" but usually when you ask why, they link to a 9/11 truth website or documentary.

You know i once came across a forum that argued that 9/11 was a huge elaborate test for a high energy laser beam from space and there were lots of people believing it because some guy had made a hour long video of it on YouTube which they cited as evidence.

I see thread after thread on this website that is just the exact same stuff being spouted about 9/11 and most of it is utter rubbish.

And the problem is that they all read and buy into each others rubbish.

If you only ever read books telling you the world was flat, inevitably, you would believe the world was flat.

9/11 is the exact same, if you only read "9/11 was a Jewish false flag", your obviously going to believe the Jews were behind 9/11.

Most truther's have not actually read the 9/11 commission report.

but they dont believe a word of it...... becasue someone told them not to.

but I am still the ignorant one

edit on 2-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

commission report? the two heads have both admitted that it was a sham--allbeit a best seller sham. asst. head commissioner stated they answered half the questions, though he has no idea how accurately. that's from the guys themselves suggesting their work was half-as$ at best. what would an objective independent observer make of such efforts--which were stonewalled at every turn by white house--? "set up to fail"!

com. cleland resigned in disgust at the total inaccessability of nearly all pertinent inquiries.

commission report as the answer to all the mysteries and glaring inconsistencies?! sir, your ignorance concerning this matter is truly and demonstrably gross!!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Perfect example of what I was talking about ...

Originally posted by HanzHenry
Not every mind is capable of sifting through the waste in order to find the single grains of truth out there.

we are smarter than everyone else blah blah our wild theories are much more believable than the facts presented ...

LETS FOCUS on facts.

and yet these 'truthers' can't handle facts that run counter to their beliefs and they turn to name calling deflection ...

---shill,,,or completely brainwashed BOOB?

just like that.
Thanks for posting. You gave us a perfect example of what I was talking about.
edit on 8/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

what facts? the crime scene was carted off and sold to the chinese as quickly as humanly possible, and the commisioners themselves have called their report a sham. amazing ignorance masquerading as knowledge.

any of you geniuses know how many israelis were arrested in connection with this and later released by higher ups? take a guess.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yes the 'report' is most likely one of the most shameful parts to come out of this whole thing, its a mockery of the dead and that makes me sick to my stomach.

Slightly OT, someone mentions it may have been the Clintons, whilst I have no thoughts on that it must be very disgusting to many Americans that she is being put forward / given some sort of International peace prize after her incredulous handling of the Embassy attack and the deaths in it which is being totally suppressed by the US government.

Shocking....More collusion in the deaths of Americans?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

That means that government is doing their job with mass distraction. Injecting various versions of their own wild conspiracies on the same topic intentionally muddying the water. Surprised this is actually news.

There is the official truth. The crazies truth. And reality. The government will feed the crazies. It's their job.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I agree that there are some really wild theories out here in CT land but I refuse to believe in the 911 official story and totally expect that the US government at least knew about this far in advance!
From the agendas now being pushed from that infamous day I don't understand how all of us don't see this!
The truth is two thirds of those in the US now refuse to believe the governments official story!
Outside of the US this is even higher!
I don't know how it was done and I don't believe this is as important as what we are facing now and how since
911 we are living in a police state!
How the war on terror is used for constant wars, spying, murder, torture, etc, etc!
Also If the US government did know about this and allowed this or even orchestrated this, then what are we facing down the road!
I believe the real reason why many CT are mocked are because there is more then some truth to them!
We don't ever see outrageous CT mocked only those with truth to them!
I don't ever think we will find out all of those that are true and all those that are false but until then we should never stop digging into which are true and which are outrageous!
I always try to keep an open mind because the truth is always relative and facts are never absolute depending on our perspective!
Be forever Vigilant my comrades in searching for truth and never expunge even the most outrageous of conspiracy theories because one never knows what may be fact!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
When a conspiracy theory is mocked, is done for only a few reasons.
One, someone, usually with extensive knowledge in a particular field involving the event, pokes flaws in the theory to "set the record straight". Maybe they have an interest in defensing a certain view , maybe they only like to repeat what they hear and like to argue or insult people. So not every naysayer knows what he or she is talking about.
As to the "crazy conspiracy theories", many, many of them are deliberately thrown out there to muddy the waters and make actual conspiracies less likely to be believed. The guy saying nobody was on board the planes on 9/11 is either a whacko OR... he knows exactly what the real story was and wants to divert attention from the actual facts.
The guys then ridiculing conspiracy theories, what drives them? Again, either they just want the truth and don't like wild claims, or they like to argue and slam people( more likely) or they have a reason to discredit somebody's theory. Its when they start really digging up facts to argue against a theory and really try to discredit what looks to be a possible explanation, That's when you know its quite possibly got some chance to be real.
But when a theory is ignored and goes unchallenged and un criticized .....THAT is the theory that stands out as being too close to home. Flight 800 . Nobody called the eyewitnesses crazy and the theorists weren't lambasted as being whackos and out to make a name for themselves, they were only quietly dismissed as being mistaken. Bingo.
I've noticed that on other boards that a few of the more prolific far left posters, they have a habit of taking potshots at conspiracy theorists and defend the government more often than not even on issues that don't pertain to their pet divisive topics. Race relations, religion, gay marriage, gun control. Shills??? You, betcha!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Correct me if I misunderstood you, but you're saying 9/11 conspiracy is false because some people have ridiculous notions about it?

There's also a lot of good and plausible theories about it that are not quite as silly as holograms and made up people. Don't discount an entire topic because there are a few nuts who scream louder than the rest.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Artificial insemination, No one died for anyone's behavior (that's just ridiculous), and you talk to god everytime you socialize.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join