It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Clock: The Internet's friendly reminder that life is slipping away.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Oh joy, yet another reminder that time is moving on at an ever increasing pace! With the current fad for all things morbid I guess it was inevitable that eventually i would come across a countdown to my own death!

I duly punched in the figures, and frankly although my intention is to live until I am 120, the death clock is giving me a very reasonable 97 years and 11 months lifespan.

To be brutally honest at my current weight and condition I can't quite see how they come to that conclusion - maybe it is the optimistic outlook? (I decreased my BMI to within normal limits and lost a year!!)

Anyway for a laugh, and please do NOT get too serious about it, try it for yourselves.

Death Clock: The Internet's friendly reminder that life is slipping away.

Of course by the time I get anywhere near that age the PTB will probably have brought in compulsory euthanasia.
um
actually.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
march 11 2046 ... yea puter... I hope lots of good things happen in your extra 10 days... pfft

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Saturday, June 16, 2018 Okay. I don't know how it came up with that but, considering my health and all, I'd say that's possible. 5 years until freedom ?? Okay ....

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Saturday, June 16, 2018 Okay. I don't know how it came up with that but, considering my health and all, I'd say that's possible. 5 years until freedom ?? Okay ....

That will also be the day the standard of posts drop on Ats.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Another 43 years. I'll live to be 73.

No, intend to live forever.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Wednesday, January 15, 2031 the first time i tried it.. Thursday, December 30, 2032 the second time, Saturday, January 13, 2029 the third time, all with the same information input..

hmmm... looks like i've got another 18 years, tops.. crap, i'm late for my mid life crisis!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Originally posted by PuterMan

....giving me a very reasonable 97 years and 11 months lifespan.

Congratulations!! maybe??

or should I offer my condolences, instead?
Your choice. Pick whichever one it may be.

Either option seems like it would be a good time for a drink.

Eventually, this Death Clock could possibly lead to some Self-Fulfilling Prophecies.

edit on 8/2/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

[color=FFFF69]I was only on that website for about 5 seconds, but what I saw during those 5 seconds, looks to me like the only actual purpose of the Death Clock, might be to trick people into entering personal information.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

[color=FFFF69]I was only on that website for about 5 seconds, but what I saw during those 5 seconds, looks to me like the only actual purpose of the Death Clock, might be to trick people into entering personal information.

Because facebook isnt doing the trick they have to go all in with an 10 year old script... makes sense.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

That was a big soooooook then/ Must have taken a few off your time that you did not publish

reply to post by FlyersFan

You have some work to do to pack everything in in 5 years no doubt. My guess is you will still be posting in 10.

edit on 2/8/2013 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tachyonmind

I tried it again and got Monday, March 26, 2046

I gained a few days!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

No I doubt that. You are not giving any information that could be matched to a person. The date of birth is no use without other information that you are not giving on the site.

In my humble opinion the purpose behind the site is not to collect data but to sell you vitamin pills perhaps via the link? Quite harmless really.

It has a very good Web Of Trust rating

As a precaution I would advise you NOT to fill in your details on the 'Your prayer' page.

edit on 2/8/2013 by PuterMan because:
tags again

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hahahahahahaha, I'm a zombie, (Do zombies laugh maniacally? I don't know.) I'm dead. I'm the zombie poster, I'm after your brains. (looking at posts on some threads, I'm going to have to go on a starvation diet.)

I'm dead, I tell you. DEAD. Hahahahahahahahaha. (I decided they do, and if they don't then I'm the maniacally laughing zombie poster.)

The site didn't tell me how long I had been dead, but I'M DEAD!! Ooops, I just had an idea.

"Hello ATS, I'm a zombie, ask me anything. "

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wednesday, January 14, 2071!! At least I have many more years ahead of me and I feel it would be about time I can have a huge party for new years! haha

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There is an easier way...

Look at your birth certificate and find the expiration date

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I KNEW IT! I've been feeling dead on my feet for quite a while now.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Hey, everyone is trying it again, so I will too.

Nope, still dead.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Dear jiggerj,

Thanks for the screen shot. It pointed out that it does indicate your date of death. Mine was January 7, 1994. I am your senior in death. This means you must bow down and address me as Worshipful Supreme ATS Zombie.

But since you're an old friend, you don't have to bow, and you can call me Supreme Zombie. (Except on state and other official occasions.)

You are also entitled to display the Zombie Poster badge in your signature. (Maybe you can get FortAnthem to design it. Make sure I get a copy.)

With respect,
W.S. ATS Zombie, Charles1952

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by jiggerj

Dear jiggerj,

Thanks for the screen shot. It pointed out that it does indicate your date of death. Mine was January 7, 1994. I am your senior in death. This means you must bow down and address me as Worshipful Supreme ATS Zombie.

But since you're an old friend, you don't have to bow, and you can call me Supreme Zombie. (Except on state and other official occasions.)

You are also entitled to display the Zombie Poster badge in your signature. (Maybe you can get FortAnthem to design it. Make sure I get a copy.)

With respect,
W.S. ATS Zombie, Charles1952

I respect the age of your rotting corpse and promise to call you Supreme Zombie from now on, sir. However, I can't talk right now. I'm eating Stew. Of course, Stew's wife and kids are screaming at me, but I'm hungry, dammit!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

In my humble opinion the purpose behind the site is not to collect data but to sell you vitamin pills perhaps via the link?
lol.
To be perfectly honest, had I not been here on ATS at the time, the paranoiac thought never would have even crossed my mind.

I tried it again and got Monday, March 26, 2046

I gained a few days!
Originally, you were going to get hit by a bus on Wednesday, March 21, 2046. But since you now know the date, they realized that you're not even gonna walk outside of the nursing home on that day, so it's gonna be a firetruck, a few days later. That too may have changed now, since I told you. Try it again and see if it has added on a few more days...

new topics

top topics

join