It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Child Sex Ring Going To Trial.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
So yet again, another child sex gang have been caught and are to appear for trial later in the year. These type of events are becoming far too frequent.
Action needs to be taken to stamp this crime out, and fast.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well they're catching em now so its going to send a message out that doing that sort of thing is wrong

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I shudder every time I hear the words glibly spoken that all immigration into this country is good.

Yet again another group akin to the one just jailed earlier this year for this ghastly crime. I don't know why we don't deport their families back to their original point of departure before they came into the UK and them to serve their sentences in their original country and not expect the tax payers here to pay for their jail time. Also do we want men convicted of these crimes boasting about them in our prisons?

When is this type of crime going to be understood by men like those above as thoroughly disgusting and dispicable.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
I shudder every time I hear the words glibly spoken that all immigration into this country is good.

Who has ever said that all immigration is good?
Guess what, there are bad people in all groups. And, you don't know who amongst those arrested were born in the UK, and who came here when. Perhaps they are grand-kids of immigrants?

You have made an assumption, based on stereotypical Daily Mail thinking.

Yet again another group akin to the one just jailed earlier this year for this ghastly crime. I don't know why we don't deport their families back to their original point of departure before they came into the UK and them to serve their sentences in their original country and not expect the tax payers here to pay for their jail time. Also do we want men convicted of these crimes boasting about them in our prisons?

Yes, lets punish an entirely innocent group of people for the actions of one member of the family, that makes complete sense!

And yes, lets send those guilty of a crime back to some third-rate country where they'll likely either be killed, or set free, thereby avoiding British justice altogether.

Boasting about crimes? I don't know whether you've actually thought about this, but they will be minorities in a violent place, and convicted of one of the most despicable crimes too. You think they're going to be boasting to six foot tall neo-Nazi thugs about raping kids?

When is this type of crime going to be understood by men like those above as thoroughly disgusting and dispicable.

Why is it only the men mentioned? Do you think it's only men with middle-Eastern names doing this?

There are thousands of cases like this, criminals of all colors and backgrounds. The only reason I can see for this being any different is that there are members of a community involved, and that says more about the connections between the men that other groups of men do not have.
The same thing has happened in the investigation into TV personalities, they are in the same social group.

This is about the crimes of individuals, working as a group. Statistically it has nothing to do with race or religion beyond the social group these men move in.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I agree with you, to a point.

Paedophilia is a far too common crime and crosses the social and racial divides.

Now here comes the 'but'.....

But it seems there is a specific problem with groups of men from a specific socio-demographic who seek to target vulnerable white girls to abuse and exploit them.
Statistically there is a disproportionate number of people whose origins are from specific parts of rural Pakistan, Afghanistan etc who are actively involved in these types of abuse.
This has been acknowledged by quite a few senior British Muslims and they can only be commended for that.
Even Jack Straw has publicly recognised the problem.

This in no way suggests that all Muslims are 'sex cases' or 'nonces' - that's clearly stupid, ignorant and outright racist.

But facts are facts.

If we are to start addressing the causes of grooming, paedophilia etc then we have to face up to some uncomfortable but honest truths.

Just as The Catholic Church had to recognise that there had been problems with priests abusing boys and had to take measures to redress this activity.
It in no way suggests that every Catholic priest was a paedophile or that all Catholics were aware of this activity.
But there was, (I sincerely hope using the past tense is correct), a specific problem.

Exactly the same as there is a specific problem here.

The problem comes when people start using this to promote their own agenda's; those of a racist tendency will try to tar all Muslims with the same brush, the PC brigade will allege that it's racist to highlight the race / religion of those involved.
Both are wrong and both attitudes help maintain the status quo that fails to address core issues and help eliminate these evil crimes and practices.
edit on 2/8/13 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Unless you have a real deterrent this won't stop. Do you think they would use their own sisters in this way and were their victims of the same religion and ethnic background as them?

You might be fooled by the usual platitudes made by religious groups when their culture clashes with that of the UK but I'm not. In fact I cringe when I see someone standing there like a wide-eyed lost child saying 'Ohhhh we believe in peace we are peaceful and law abiding this is dreadful' etc'. It always appears as though they have been wheeled out politically to keep the peace when some problem occurs.

It makes no difference where you are born, if you only mix with people from the society your family originally came from who have moved here, due to religious reasons you will never integrate or change your behaviour which is not what the UK is supposed to be about.

Despite what you infer I did not class all immigrants with this crime, only the men who perpetrated it. These men appear to be a carbon copy of the gang arrested earlier and we all know their background. However I would add that when it comes to Muslim solidarity, would you really care to bet on how many would actually criticise these men openly among their neighbours, did anyone inform against them, especially if their crimes were against non-Muslims? Also how would you feel were a child from your family involved?

These men could well serve sentences and then be set free in this country again if they were born here. If you think they will be anything other than heroes in prison I think you are mad. They will find themselves with other rapists, compare notes and probably share cells with the members of the earlier gang for all we know. They could well be segregated to a wing for similar offenders.

We will have to beg to differ because I think your views are too soft and cast a blanket over the problem by trying to hide it. I think now we have identified it we need to deal with it suitably because of the ill-feeling towards race relations this will stir up. But we need to ensure that a deterrent is in place that helps provide a type of velvet glove protection for our children and young women who have a right to live unmolested by preditors and one way is to have a punishment that is too much to risk.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Think about this. How many of them are we not hearing about.

new topics

top topics

join