It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There ARE good cops too...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hi folks,

Came across this video of an obviously drunk guy from Liverpool who was stopped by two cops in Las Vegas...

The guy at the end of the video is half scared because he thinks he is going to get pounced on...

Those two cops deserve a BIG thumbs up

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
There may well be a proportion of "Good" Police officers out there, however as of late they seem to be heavily outnumbered by there fellow brethren aka retarded totalitarian scum with badges that love nothing more than to ruin your day for what "They" consider sport. LoL

edit on 2-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Originally posted by Rodinus

Those two cops deserve a BIG thumbs up

For what? For NOT being dicks?

The fact that you feel they deserve some sort of praise for....nothing(?).... acting like decent human beings(?)...... just goes to show how bad many other cops are.

eta:
I guess stories regarding situations such as this are somewhat necessary, and do serve as good reminders for people. It's just the sad state of our current society, wherein most people only want to spread anti-cop stories/videos. A scenario such as this, is just something that most people aren't interested in.

edit on 8/2/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I thought every cop should be a good cop, no?
There needs to be zero tolerance for bad cops, period.
If they are abusing powers that has been given to them, throw 'em in jail for 10 years minimum.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

There may well be a proportion of "Good" Police officers out there, however as of late they seem to be heavily outnumbered by there fellow brethren aka retarded totalitarian scum with badges that love nothing more than to ruin your day for what "They" consider sport. LoL

People are People.
Some people are honest.
Some people lie.
Some people are generous.
Some people are selfish.
Some people are mean.
Some people are nice.
Some people are cops.
Some people are not.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

For what? For NOT being dicks?

I concur....sorry, I must explain myself.

1 out 10 these days may be legit.
edit on 2-8-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
one thing needs to be said here...the drunk guy was pretty decent and non aggressive, despite being wasted. He kept apologizing...

such a rare occasion...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

"People are People."

If think you may find some people are changed the minute they put on a uniform, and not for the better.

"Some people are honest."

Never completely and never all the time.

"Some people lie."

Rather a lot of people lie for a living these days.

"Some people are generous."

Tell that to the 3rd world nations of this world! LoL

"Some people are selfish."

By default or so it seems these days!

"Some people are mean."

Some might say the world we live in is mean.

"Some people are nice."

Some people are monsters!

"Some people are cops."

Some people are just people. LoL

"Some people are not."

Some people write beautiful poetry, some do not. The sentiment is appreciated!

The worlds just not a pretty place these days and when our Police officers seem to be contributing to the hatred and social upheaval I say time for a change!

Look at the old dude in Florida that socalled officers of the law shot at 15 times, hitting him but twice in the leg because they alleged he had a metallic object which turned out to be a cigarette!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The mind boggles!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Nitpick it all you want. My point still stands, and I stand behind it. People are People.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Originally posted by BrokenCircles

"Nitpick it all you want. My point still stands, and I stand behind it. People are People."

Nitpicking aside, people may be people, but some people are monsters and some people are police.

A Necessary evil or so it would seem until human nature changes.

I wonder if the officers would have been so "understanding" in the same situation had they not been aware they were being filmed???

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Nitpicking aside, people may be people, but some people are monsters and some people are police.
Which is why I used (or overused) the word 'Some'.

If you only have some of 'this', then you're also going to have some of 'that' as well.

I wonder if the officers would have been so "understanding" in the same situation had they not been aware they were being filmed???
I don't think that really matters much nowadays. Especially in bigger cities, there are cameras practically everywhere. Even if they couldn't see a camera, they would still know that there was at least one camera somewhere, that could see them.

If they're acting like decent human beings, then that is all that matters. The reason why they're acting like decent human beings doesn't really matter, just as long as they are.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

You mean "understanding" like the cop in the video below?

Just because there are a couple of bad apples out there does not mean that we have to systematically have a whole rotten basket?

They day that you need them you will be grateful.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The cop who witnesses a travesty, injustice or dangerous behavior and keeps a secret or covers up or stays silent is still bad.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

"Just because there are a couple of bad apples out there does not mean that we have to systematically have a whole rotten basket?"

It's the increase in bad apples that worries me. From my experience Police officers tend to have an attitude of self importance. Uniform syndrome so to speak.

"They day that you need them you will be grateful."

I understand the need for officers of the law. I do have to say through im 38 years old and never been in a situation that i couldn't sort out myself or required Police. Been in a few situations where they have been nothing but detrimental and down right nasty, but that's just my own experience.

Kindest respects to you also!

Andy.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

"If they're acting like decent human beings, then that is all that matters. The reason why they're acting like decent human beings doesn't really matter, just as long as they are."

I'm not contesting the above mate, in fact I wholeheartedly embrace the notion.

I say treat people as you find them!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I understand the need for officers of the law. I do have to say through im 38 years old and never been in a situation that i couldn't sort out myself or required Police. Been in a few situations where they have been nothing but detrimental and down right nasty, but that's just my own experience.

Thanks for your response,

Bit older myself.. sniff sniff...

But, after having stopped a guy half beating his wife to death a couple of years ago and then the police arrived to take that Dickhead away and also after having been burgled twice and having my car nicked all in the same year, i can tell you that i was more than happy to have the police there! (especially that they did their job and that in all cases the culprits were caught!)

I hope this doesn't happen to you one day, but if sadly it does, i hope that you will appreciate the fact that they are there for you as a victim and not as a criminal.

Kindest respects

rodinus

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I suppose when it comes to Police I am kind of jaded, once bitten twice is the way I would put it.

Obviously Police officers have to be in place for exactly the reasons you posted, car theft, wife beating, rape, murder and other heinous crimes against society.

The job position of Police Officer these days seems to be attracting the wrong sort if you ask me. By that I mean power hungry people with an axe to grind and rather a large chip on there shoulder! LoL

I'm sure if I ever do need there assistance I will be glad of there attendance, its a big if through, we tend to sort out our own problems where I come from.

All the best!

top topics

join