It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When an idea faills right from the get-go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Sorry if this rambles a bit, but I hope you'll understand if you decide to read on.

I've long held the belief that if we want to find the earliest evidence of humans we should follow the fresh water rivers of the world. Seeing as I threw my back out this morning and won't be heading to work I decided to do a little investigating on my theory.

Completely ignorant on such matters, when I googled 'Oldest Known River' I expected to see the Nile or the Euphrates, or any river in Africa. So, when the oldest known river came up in (of all places) France, I just said, screw it. Meuse River

If anyone wants to take this idea and work on it, be my guest. I just find it a bit overwhelming to be so wrong about something.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The water that humans drank was NOT river water, it was SPRING water. So instead of looking for the oldest River, we should be looking for the oldest MOUNTAIN (which will create spring water near by).

The oldest mountains are about 3.5 billion years old and they are located in Eastern-South Africa. The name of these mountains are called "The Barberton Greenstone Belt ", and yes, there was spring water there (don't know if there is now).

join