It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amityville: The Last Testament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Amityville: The Last Testament

In 2009, Ronald DeFeo, Jr. psychically contacted Jackie Barrett to say he needed her help to reveal the truth about what happened on that terrible night, November 13, 1974 when he was accused of killing 6 people in his home. Ronald says contracting a fatal illness impelled him to come forward with the whole story before his death.

Jackie Barrett is a renowned psychic who has helped solve 300 cases during her 25 years working with law enforcement. Her abilities began at age 6.
Three weeks after Ronald contacted her psychically, she received a letter from him.

Over the years one of the mysteries of the Amityville murders has been how anyone could take a gun and fire all the shots without the neighbors hearing a thing, and not waking anyone else in the house.

In this video series Ronald DeFeo, Jr. comes forward to reveal the truth, according to him, of the unexplained mysteries surrounding Amityville.

And here is Ed and Lorraine Warren's story regarding the truth of Amityville:

edit on 8/2/2013 by sled735 because: add video

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

link no work Sled

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thank you for the thread, Sled.

The videos are of very poor quality. You can tell the person who put these on You Tube recorded them off his t.v.
You can hear his breathing and background noises in the video.

I went to do a search to find better ones, but the only ones I found could not be shared. I suppose copying from the t.v. must get around copyright laws somehow.
I wish the person who put these up would have tried to do a better job with his recordings.

But, just to inform the members here, if you would like to watch better quality videos on this, they are up from a guy named Boo Boo (I think that was his name).

Still a great topic, and I thank you for posting it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Good morning Sled!

I've watched this on the Biography channel a few times. While I absolutely believe there is some mysterious stuff connected to the Amityville house I definitely don't buy a lot of Ronald DeFeo's story- especially when he tries to shift blame to his sister. The physical evidence doesn't jibe with his descriptions of what occurred, and his telling has changed numerous times.

While I admit that his heroin addiction possibly made him more vulnerable to outside influence I believe he is indeed culpable in the killings. In cases of supernatural influence it is my belief that while your own inner thoughts can be amplified I'm not convinced that completely foreign ideas can be planted in one's mind so firmly as to act on them- therefore possibly murderous tendencies already existed within DeFeo.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I saw Amityville 1 and 2 when they were in theaters when I was a kid and they scared the crap out of me, I think I am going to love these, Thanks

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I, personally, take any case involving Ed and Lorraine Warren with a grain of salt. While I love a good ghost story as much as the next person, many times the Warrens have attributed demonic occurrences to the use of thoroughly debunked objects, like a Ouija Board, black candles, or jewelry with stars on them. At the same time, they actively claim larger-than-life occurrences, but only ever present low quality photographs taken with flash, which are so easily explained away. I just don't trust them (well, her, since Ed is no longer with us). There's too much opportunity for charlatanry to have occurred with their work.

As for Amityville, there have, since the case initially made headlines, been a handful of interviews with family members and other witnesses that have debunked much of the Warren's claims of demonic activity, possession, and anything spiritual at all. In my mind, the whole case is just too hyped up and has been blown so far out of proportion that there's no way to determine if anything actually happened anymore. Especially when the one revealing the information is claiming psychic information as their source.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
One of the places I had to visit when I went to Long Island the first time. The house looked nothing like it did in the movies, but it was certainly the house...That trip to NY will be one of my fondest memories ever! Had a blast and got to see things typical tourist don't....

new topics

top topics

join