It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar-Shaped UFO Spotted over Manchester

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I believe in UFOs as I have had a close up experience with one. But I must say that a silver version of that solar balloon would be pretty much identical to what I see in that video.

At one stage you can clearly see the four sections of it, and it's motion does look like that of a balloon.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

To address the ET aspect:
I am quite sure that there is life elsewhere in our Galaxy. Much less sure about our Solar System.
I am slightly less sure that there is intelligent life elsewhere in our Galaxy. Well convinced that there is none elsewhere in our Solar System. I am highly doubtful that there is, or ever has been intelligent extraterrestrial life in our Solar System (including visiting Earth). I have not seen convincing or even intriguing evidence to give me reason to think otherwise. Please do not start throwing examples at me. This is my opinion and I have reasons for holding it.

So what are UFOs of not evidence of ET? I think they are a wide variety of things but at the core I think they are a case of people not understanding something they see and allowing their minds to "fill in the blanks". The expression "I know what I saw" can probably be more accurately expressed as "I know what I think I saw". I don't think most people are lying about their experiences. I do think that their interpretation of what their eyes perceived is usually not what actually occurred. I have had both first hand experience with this as well as observing it in others. Have you seen the series Brain Games? A lot of really interesting stuff about how our internal hardware plays with the raw data.

Do I think UFO reports should be "investigated" more thoroughly? Sure. Why not. The trouble is, what is there to investigate. Something says they saw something. Ok. Now what?

You asked my thoughts (I think). Those are them. In a nutshell.

edit on 8/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

So this whole life on Mars stuff is all nonsense?

Oh wait...there will be life on Mars soon....human slaves to the Elite!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I agree with phage and think he nailed it on this one . However it's now fairly commonly believed that there are undoubtedly planets out there in the universe that could indeed support life. And not just one or two but possibly millions upon millions of them . Now maybe some of those do have intelligent life forms and maybe they are a million years ahead of us in their technology . When you see how far we have come in just the last hundred years from steam trains to space stations and basic mechanical machines to super fast computers,then it's not beyond reason to believe that a race that is so far in advance of us hasn't overcome all the problems associated with traveling the vast distances between planets and solar systems. Wether that means they can travel through worm holes or time itself I don't know. But if they can then yes why wouldn't they be visiting other planets that support life for what ever reasons they see fit. And open mind here is essential and I believe nothing is imposible .
edit on 2-8-2013 by Foo_Lovers because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2013 by Foo_Lovers because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join