It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar-Shaped UFO Spotted over Manchester

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
International Bussiness Times

A cigar-shaped unidentified object was seen hovering, rotating and changing colors above Denton, Manchester, in the U.K., reports the International Business Times

Watch the U.K. cigar-shaped UFO here

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

edit on 8/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
eh up! intrestin tha is!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Posting the balloon shots doesnt prove this is a balloon. It just adds a possibility.

Anyway we had a cigar shaped craft go very low over the roof and my son was telling me it had height to the yellowish-whitish light covering it, that was almost like a lopsided pyramid in size, because it was flying tail down, nose in the air. Soundlessly, about 50 feet or so over the roof, eye balled it at about tree height over the roof. It had greeted me very loudly in my head, "I'm going to greet you right up close!" It was so loud it was audible and seriously thought a man was coming around the bushes, perhaps lost or something, as there was a late night event across the road, at the sports field with music. And was connected for quite some time, saw it within, going 2 hours to the west over Vancouver and the Pacific.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know how irregular about this subject.Can you at least settle with the rest of us and really put your two cents in on the subject....A nice old fashioned thread would suffice.You have the power,do it.

Sarn
edit on 2-8-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I know how obtuse you are about this subject.
I really hope that isn't what you meant to say.

I have made my thoughts quite clear over my time here.
I have authored some threads but probably not what you have in mind.

And I don't like being made the topic of a discussion.
edit on 8/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Do they come lighted with multi color lights? I didn't see any lights on the images you provided, thanks..

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

No reason why they couldn't but they do reflect and refract sunlight.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have seen a few air/helium filled type balloons made to appear as ufo's, but the one seen in this video doesn't really look like those do.. Could be however.. Those balloons are often mistook for genuine unknowns..

Because of the flashing of violet lights on this video object, I'm not really certain what it is.. I suppose it is possible that it could be a real genuine unknown, really difficult to know for sure..

If the video showed the object do some odd maneuvers that a balloon could not do, it would be more convincing, of course..

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I have made my thoughts quite clear over my time here.
reply to post by Phage

No,that"s not what I meant....and you know it.,,see,people out there don't know.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
When that happened it was actually cool. I felt this connect with something, not sure how long before, but often could locate/sense them before any sign of them. I think it was during a hubble repair or something. But sensed something monitoring satellites, in that region, zero'd in on this. And was talking to my son, possibly 18 at the time. Not sure if he went in, the TV was right near the glass sliding doors. He could have. I was about to myself, when that happened and he either was out or jumped out. I'm pretty sure he went in.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

No,that"s not what I meant....and you know it.,,see,people out there don't know.

Ok. Retract the "obtuse" comment and I'll answer...again. Don't worry. It's brief.

edit on 8/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Ok. Retract the "obtuse" comment and I'll answer...again. Don't worry. It's brief.

Fixed...sorry about that.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The Huffington Post contacted Marc D’Antonio, the chief photo/video analyst for the Mutual UFO Network, to get his opinion on the UFO video.
D’Antonio opined, “I believe it to be a solar balloon. It is of the silver mylar type and everything about its motion, shape and color says that it’s a mylar solar balloon, to me.”
"The rotation and speed is also consistent with that, and it seems pretty straightforward," Dantonio said.

link

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

To address the ET aspect:
I am quite sure that there is life elsewhere in our Galaxy. Much less sure about our Solar System.
I am slightly less sure that there is intelligent life elsewhere in our Galaxy. Well convinced that there is none elsewhere in our Solar System. I am highly doubtful that there is, or ever has been intelligent extraterrestrial life in our Solar System (including visiting Earth). I have not seen convincing or even intriguing evidence to give me reason to think otherwise. Please do not start throwing examples at me. This is my opinion and I have reasons for holding it.

So what are UFOs of not evidence of ET? I think they are a wide variety of things but at the core I think they are a case of people not understanding something they see and allowing their minds to "fill in the blanks". The expression "I know what I saw" can probably be more accurately expressed as "I know what I think I saw". I don't think most people are lying about their experiences. I do think that their interpretation of what their eyes perceived is usually not what actually occurred. I have had both first hand experience with this as well as observing it in others. Have you seen the series Brain Games? A lot of really interesting stuff about how our internal hardware plays with the raw data.

Do I think UFO reports should be "investigated" more thoroughly? Sure. Why not. The trouble is, what is there to investigate. Something says they saw something. Ok. Now what?

You asked my thoughts (I think). Those are them. In a nutshell.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I know there is life in this universe, in this solar system, and watching over us here. 100% know.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That was very well put Phage...I hope in the near future we could discuss further on...dark matter has fathomed me.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

To address the ET aspect:
I am quite sure that there is life elsewhere in our Galaxy. Much less sure about our Solar System.
I am slightly less sure that there is intelligent life elsewhere in our Galaxy. Well convinced that there is none elsewhere in our Solar System. I am highly doubtful that there is, or ever has been intelligent extraterrestrial life in our Solar System (including visiting Earth). I have not seen convincing or even intriguing evidence to give me reason to think otherwise. Please do not start throwing examples at me. This is my opinion and I have reasons for holding it.

So what are UFOs of not evidence of ET? I think they are a wide variety of things but at the core I think they are a case of people not understanding something they see and allowing their minds to "fill in the blanks". The expression "I know what I saw" can probably be more accurately expressed as "I know what I think I saw". I don't think most people are lying about their experiences. I do think that their interpretation of what their eyes perceived is usually not what actually occurred. I have had both first hand experience with this as well as observing it in others. Have you seen the series Brain Games? A lot of really interesting stuff about how our internal hardware plays with the raw data.

Do I think UFO reports should be "investigated" more thoroughly? Sure. Why not. The trouble is, what is there to investigate. Something says they saw something. Ok. Now what?

You asked my thoughts (I think). Those are them. In a nutshell.

Yeah, I basically feel the exact same way with your 'nutshell' of thougts on the ET subject. Additionally, for more than 50 years now SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestorial Intelligent life) via sending and listen to old fashioned radiowaves hoping to detect a sound, a pattern that could indicate an intelligent alien source. They really can only do this within our own Milky Way Galaxy. After 50 years, there has been no signs of activity, radio signals received. I'm not saying this is good or bad, only that this is one attempt that we are aware of, and after 50 years nothing. Note: they did receive one interesting signal very early in the program that was an anomaly, but it turned out to be a high flying jet). We have Kepler finding more and more exoplanets, but even with this 'our best' technology out in space, we are still very limited to what we can see. So, is there Intelligent ET life out there in the Universe somewhere, it seems reasonable. But all we can honestly say, right now, is NO. Obviously, this could change at any time, when? No one knows!! My thoughts in an eggshell! Peace!! ID!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I saw one of these "solar balloons" in the sky above Manchester a year or so back. It was hovering a good distance above the flight level of planes coming in to land at Manchester Airport, and was moving in a northerly direction in clear blue sky when it just disappeared.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I saw a Cigar shaped object a few weeks ago...09:50 walking back to my house, Clear day, long Grey/silver or just Grey Cigar shape moving through the Sky a few thousand feet up...My Brain told me it was just a Plane Banking and the Angle of the Sun that's why i could'nt see any wings or a tail for that matter...My Heart said WTH is that. Trees blocked my view eventually...... I'll trust my brain on this one.

<<   2 >>

join