It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Brown bag" And "Citizen" Deemed Offensive Terms In Seattle

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

ugly chicks

You're not allowed to say that, you monster. It's now called 'not optimal female face'.

Can ATS come up with some other names for brown bag? The more ludicrous the better. I want to send an e-mail to Monson and see if he'll read it on air.

Or as George Carlin once said, "Those with severe appearance deficits."

I live north of the King County boundary and don't "identify" with those in the city of Seattle. Between the tent cities, the bums everywhere downtown, and the people down there enabling that position in life and that behavior, I can find no reason to go to Seattle. I avoid it at all costs. Sadly, there is literally ZERO indication that things will improve at all. There is every indication that things will get worse though. I'm glad I don't live in King County.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here's a good PC-term for drug dealer: "Unlicensed Pharmacist".
edit on 2-8-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

lol same thing in Canada too lol.. im like hmmm, someone is taking homemade lunch to school, good for them!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Gonna have to dust off that Scooby Doo Lunch box

>

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Can I still order black coffee or would I have to come up with some creative term??? I was thinking un-adultered but that may be offensive so the adulterers.... un-altered may annoy the tattoo and body piercing crowd, no cream could possibly offend the sterile men, ...
but all joking aside what they are saying is that not only illegal immigrants (trespassers) not illegal immigrants, now they are residents....

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinner07
. not only illegal immigrants (trespassers) not illegal immigrants, now they are residents....

An unregistered immigrant (illegal alien), an unlicensed pharmacist (drug dealer), and a street worker (pimp) walk into a bar. What does the barman say?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sorry fellow members of the species. We can only serve water these-days.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

ugly chicks

You're not allowed to say that, you monster. It's now called 'not optimal female face'.

Can ATS come up with some other names for brown bag? The more ludicrous the better. I want to send an e-mail to Monson and see if he'll read it on air.

get it right, it is 'beautifully impaired' ... because it almost sounds positive.

I thought brown bag was when you brought your own lunch to primary school; and shouldn't every 'resident' also be a 'citizen'?

I'd be more offended of the officer just said, 'hey you', than 'Excuse me, fine citizen, may I take a moment of your time?' ... who am I kidding; what public servant treats the people they serve like that any longer?

These PC and movement types are extremists and taken over all the movements and devalued them. Feminism was a real and just cause; now misandrists have infiltrated them and destroyed what as a truly noble intention. The same has happened to MLK Jr's movement; I'm sure he'd be sick with how caricatures like we see come out at the slightest discretion pounce on things that are mostly harmless; the same things when done by their own ilk in the same spirit is downplayed as just humor or freedom of expression.

I think in the end, all this extremism for being PC and the equality groups pushing for superiority is going to be part of the help we need to break the systems down. Human nature can tolerate a lot, until it no longer can tolerate any of it. They push continuously and too far, and one day it will all crash; and I believe only good will come of it after it all settles back down. True equality, thicker skins, respect for the individual and less hypersensitivity ready to attack every word out of context.

I'd rather see a world of Archie Bunkers (of every race and sex), than a bunch of scared to speak and act hypocrites running around worried if they'll hurt someone's feeling if they they call a basketball court 'blacktop' (asphalt used as the court surface) ... or worried if their own feelings should be hurt because of anything anyone else says (hint: you shouldn't; have at least some ego to realize it matters what you think of yourself and how you treat others; not what strangers say indirectly or directly to you).

If people don't stop this crap; they will worry themselves to death, and be mad at everyone, everything ... including themselves.

Coexistence doesn't mean totalitarian censorship or speaking and acting in absolute neutrality and perfection. It means accepting everyone, including their faults; and minding your own damn business most of the time. Working together for the greater good of the community while leaving people be on their own property and in their own private conversations. Peace comes from within; not by everyone being passive and silent.

Someone should start a 'Citizens' Brown Bag Initiative' there. It's purpose would be for people to bring healthy meals prepared at home to work. Benefits of the program would be a healthier populace, less traffic/congestion traveling for lunch breaks, and use of reusable containers and recyclable materials to transport the food to work (as opposed to the styrofoam disposable containers from delivery services and other disposables like the thin metal containers, soda cans/bottles, etc).

I guess I just like to stir the pot in a non-aggressive, healthy way

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Maybe the weather isn't the only reason for the supposed high suicide rate in Seattle.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
ugly chicks . . .

-FBB

It is now called ButterFace = everything but her face

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join