It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Brown bag" And "Citizen" Deemed Offensive Terms In Seattle

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I bet they are the first ones to call members of the Tea Party "tea baggers"!

And if citizen is unacceptable, how about serf, sheeple, slaves (oops! can't say that one!), or zombies?

LIBTARDS!
edit on 2-8-2013 by Magister because: correction

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

ugly chicks

You're not allowed to say that, you monster. It's now called 'not optimal female face'.

Can ATS come up with some other names for brown bag? The more ludicrous the better. I want to send an e-mail to Monson and see if he'll read it on air.

sienna sac
umber attache
parchment pouch
disposable duffel
tawny tote

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Or perhaps sustainable satchel

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm a redneck - and don't find it offensive to say 'I am brown bagging' - meaning I have beer in a bag and drinking it in public ( I can freely admit this since the imposter potus freely admits taking it up the nose - in the book that bill a. wrote for his ideal father).
I do, however, find the term 'citizen' offensive - I am not nor have I ever been a slave to the matrix.
I am a sovereign residing in one of the several great states and pay taxes to the criminal cabal.
NSA - can you hear me now.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I say what I want. Brown bags are for bringing your own lunch. On Christmas it is Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays, If someone is here in our country illegally, they are illegals etc. etc. I don't want to feel like I have to walk on eggshells just to be normal! We are supposed to have free speech, so say what you will people.

Damn straight

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Let this be a reminder to not allow people from California to move to your state in large numbers.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm not short!

I'm gravimetrically challenged!

"Gravity! Keeping da man down!"

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have to take a brown bag to work every day with my lunch.

Now I am confused...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
First of all, that "brown bag" is being discontinued, means it is in use. That is disgusting beyond belief. The police use the term "brown bags" for people. What horrible tiny gremlins they are. I hope they like the term gremlin. That is something they are earning. Could be orcs. If the world was the Lord of the Rings, they didn't make it to the human, hobbit or elf side. Its appalling that that term is even in use.

The second term, well you can read up on legalese and the term citizen supposedly disbarring you from your constitutional rights, whereas its a word used by people to denote legal citizenship of a country and they don't follow the orc and gremlin legalese language but run with the true human meanings.

Of course they are talking about illegal residents disliking the term citizen. Well they can get over it.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I was born, grew up and now live in the Northwest (Seattle)...and the term "brown bag" meant that a person was bringing their lunch from home in a brown paper bag. Thus the slang term "brown bagging it."

As for the term "citizen"...well I am a legal United States citizen and I am also a resident in Seattle.

I think it is getting so more and more; the term (freedom of speech) is becoming quickly a thing of the past.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Soma rations...hmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"Politically correct" has become the nomenclature of the absurd and is fostered by a nanny state that does not let school kids run during recess (for their own good ; ) and enforced by a bureaucracy that is addicted to authority.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
the house of representatives is infested with Fibrillating, Palpitating, Foaming-at-the-Mouth, hyperventilating, Hyper Focusing, Ultra-conservative Super right-Wing Fanatical Radicals.

I wonder what THEY are hiding under their pillows ?

I just wanted you to see how we who are left of center, view the congressional house using your own words with a few minor changes.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Removing a word from everyday usage does nothing to change the character of people. It is the intent and action of the person saying any word that gives it power. You could ban every word in the world and it wouldn't stop assholes from being assholes....

That is why PC culture is absolutely useless but it makes them feel better about themselves and that's what it is really about.

Washington State just passed this PC gem:

www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I'm not short!

I'm gravimetrically challenged!

"Gravity! Keeping da man down!"

Lol I like that quote! It works on several levels.

Also why are we trying not to upset illegals? I mean they broke the law to get here and all of a sudden we have to adhere to their sensibility? You know despite the fact that they probably can't understand what we are saying anyways.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is an honest question. Is the term rug rats/rugrats offensive yet?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
This is an honest question. Is the term rug rats/rugrats offensive yet?

I am aghast to would even spell it out! Please from now on use the term "the r word" if you must use that word and I hope you are not calling someone that horrible word.

I am joking, no it is not offensive.
edit on 2-8-2013 by bphi1908 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Political Correctness officer. This guy would fit right in as an actor in a "1984" movie. It's actually scary how weirdly these guys think, anything they deem offensive is off limits. These are the same guys who wouldn't hesitate to send in the Jack Boots against any "undesirables".

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

I am surprised
Or should I say I wouldn't have been surprised.

But just you wait and see.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I don't find Citizen or brown bag offensive what I find offensive is the thought police:

Bunch of fascist's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join