It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smithsonian Wants to Display Trayvon's Hoodie

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
They can put it next to Obama's hoodie with a sign that reads.... if I wore a hoodie it would look like Trayvon's.

Since when did he become Amercia's poster child, when so many others are killed everyday by stupid people? Where are the marches for them? Where is the outcry for them?

Of course the bigger questions is... Where would this have this gone if Obama hadn't made the statement "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon" and let justice work for good and not by persuasion?

Yes George Zimmerman was found not guilty as he should have been per as the law is written. Maybe George was in the right and maybe he wasn't. What if George Zimmerman had used a bat?

People are people, doesn't matter what race they are, they are just people. It's the race haters, like Al Sharpton that keep the fuel of hate burning to make money. That's so much more wrong than calling people hurtful names, because we all can live as equal if the powerful race haters would let us live ours lives.

Obama made the statement "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon" What if that was thrown out of context since Obama is mixed race, and people thought he implied that all black people look alike to him, just like all Chinese people look alike and so on?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
They have GOT to be! $%&* kidding....

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
IMO, it isn't a big deal if they do or they don't display it. The way I see it it, if you're interested in something you will go see it and if not, you will simply move on.

And more than that, this Trayvon thing is a fad. Eventually the interest will quiet down.

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
TARGET PRACTICE.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is really bizarre. What significance does this hoodie hold other than the fact that it's connected to a story that was overly sensationalized by the media in order to divide the country and stir up racially fueled hate?

Why not go ahead and put the duct tape from the Casey Anthony case front and center at the Smithsonian?

This is about the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. I thought the Smithsonian was supposed to be better than this.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations
Obama's nobel peace prize, Hillary's upcoming award for making the world safer, and Trayvon's gray hoodie....These are the participant ribbons of today's society and a disgrace to all that have ever tried to do any good, or make true changes to better our society.
Anyone who thought any of these things were worthy at all should be truly ashamed.

Forget race .... Trayvon was a typical thug screwup. A total waste of DNA. His hoodie should be used for toilet paper or burned. Reminds me of old photos showing Eisenhower burning Hitlers clothes after cult worshipers started showing up. Different day, same evil.

Since elements of the Smithsonian are getting into this official racially divisive act, these same elements should be on the unemployment line.

Obama, and both the Clintons, should be in prison.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

This really is a bit much. Don't these people have anything better to do with their time?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just anything.. ANYTHING to keep it in the news. Luckily we are down to just scraps now.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Oh, let's build a bloody shrine for it.
Big money in tourism, how bout a theme park?
Make it like a cross between Mecca and Disneyland..
If his parents don't beat me to it.

The Smithsonian?
Are they serious?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Big money in tourism, how bout a theme park?
Make it like a cross between Mecca and Disneyland..
If his parents don't beat me to it.

I like the theme park idea! They could have "Half Off Hoodie Day" specials. And, "The All You Can Eat, George Zimmerman Buffet" George sure did eat well from the time of the incident until his court date.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I bet the 'request' letter has the oval office seal at the top.

Can't wait for the 'leaked' copy to surface !!

THAT should go on display too !!

I wonder if the bullet hole is there ?
edit on Aug-01-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Smithsonian Wants to Display Trayvon Martin's Hoodie

www.nbcwashington.com

The dark gray sweater Trayvon Martin was last wearing on the night he was shot to death could be displayed at the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture.

Museum director Lonnie Bunch says he wants the hoodie "because it's such a symbol, it would allow you to talk about race in the age of Obama," according to the Washington Post.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.washingtonpost.com
news.yahoo.com
edit on 1-8-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

A symbol to all to remind what happens when criminal thugs attack citizens.
2nd

Gs

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If my memory is still working correctly,

The Obama/Holder Department of Justice required the state of Florida to keep all the evidence from the Zimmerman case secured for their investigation. That hoodie was in evidence.

Or did they just want to make sure that Zimmerman's gun didn't get released back to him?
edit on 2-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
This is from NBC news, so it must be true.

separate issue but ....
That is worthy of it's own thread.

What do you think ATS?

What I think ... I don't see the point. I understand if a museum displays the chair that Lincoln was in when he got shot. I understand if a museum displays the car JFK was riding in when he was shot. I understand a museum showing the guns used in those crimes. But I don't think that the hoodie of someone who died while being a thug and attacking someone else has any significance worthy of being in a museum in DC.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Also, I thought I seen a thread stating Zimmerman was not white, he was Jewish and something else. (African American?)

He's officially "Hispanic", and he has some African American on his mother's side.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Smithsonian has nothing better to display than a thugs jacket who got killed for trying to kill someone else? What's so special about Trayvon than any other thug who wants his jacket to be displayed at the Smithsonian? A typical fail to plant false racial memories in the society...but i guess it's all good in the age of Obama. We're screwed.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Smithsonian has nothing better to display than a thugs jacket who got killed for trying to kill someone else? What's so special about Trayvon than any other thug who wants his jacket to be displayed at the Smithsonian?

Easy... Obama said the little thug could be his son. And later Obama said the thug could be HIM!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Smithsonian has nothing better to display than a thugs jacket who got killed for trying to kill someone else? What's so special about Trayvon than any other thug who wants his jacket to be displayed at the Smithsonian?

Easy... Obama said the little thug could be his son. And later Obama said the thug could be HIM!

They should have Obomber droner wear the hoody and display himself at the Smithsonian with a sign that says "I'm you, and you are me, so what are we? THUGS!"

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think someone has asked/requested/ordered them to display the hoodie IMO. Wish smithsonian also displayed monica lewinsky's stained dress

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Smithsonian Wants to Display Trayvon Martin's Hoodie

In my opinion, the Smithsonian is basically trashing the American system of justice.

It would be the same as displaying those bloody gloves and saying, 'these were worn by OJ Simpson when he murdered his wife and Mr. Goldman', without regard to the fact that he was found Not Guilty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join