It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - CNN- Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Something is very wrong with this story if CNN is reporting it. Liberal media does not out the shortcomings of incumbent liberal administrations, it makes excuses for them.

My first thoughts exactly.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
All of you need to take a step back, and wait for the other shoe to drop. I don't trust CNN, or the motives behind the leaking of this information.

What are they trying to imply? Who does this benefit? Who are they trying to rile up?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is like deja vu, I thought this was already suspected, if not known. At least by ATS...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Of course this was already suspected. Nice to get verification though.

And once again, the crazies were right. This admin IS pretty transparent.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I guess I find this to not even be news. Of course there was a ton of CIA in Benghazi... Just as I am sure there is a ton on the ground now in Syria. This is like finding out the Sun rises in the East. I am not sure why it is a big deal. Obviously the way the CIA operates in situations like this is kept secret and they do almost anything they can to keep it so. I find the bigger news is the CIA was on the ground in Italy during the Bush admin and kidnapped people for the rendition program.
edit on 2-8-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

It is a big deal because the perception it creates is that we had assets on the ground. Yet nothing was done to stop the attack.
Nobody can tell me that CIA field agents don't know how to handle a weapon.

The perception will be that our guys were hung out to dry. People are gonna be furious over this. And rightly so.
edit on 2-8-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by GArnold

It is a big deal because the perception it creates is that we had assets on the ground. Yet nothing was done to stop the attack.

The perception will be that our guys were hung out to dry. People are gonna be furious over this. And rightly so.
edit on 2-8-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

The CIA are not by definition trained Soldiers or a fighting force in any way shape or form. Of it turned out there was a squadron of Special Forces on the ground then I perhaps could see your point. Central Intelligence Agency... It's focus has nothing to do with providing armed security for anyone. It may be the perception it creates for you personally... But for anyone who has a basic grasp of what the CIA actually does it is not at all surprising.

People are going way overboard about this.. Yes 4 people died and it is a shame. More people die on Fridays and Saturday nights in Chicago then died in Benghazi. Where is your outrage about that? Why isn't Congress holding hearing about stopping gang violence? It is more in a long list of ways Republicans are trying to sabotage the entire Obama presidency.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

I understand that, but again, they were there. Their comrades were under seige. Do Americans tuck tail and run at the sign of a fight? I guess so...

They are trained to use a firearm.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

reply to post by GArnold

I understand that, but again, they were there. Their comrades were under seige. Do Americans tuck tail and run at the sign of a fight? I guess so...

They are trained to use a firearm.

Lets assume there was 25 operatives ( since that is the number being thrown around) on the ground... Lets say the rioters numbered 4000. They are simply outnumbered. No where in any article does it say these operatives were armed. I think if they had been and opened fire there would be a vastly higher number of dead Americans today not to mention public backlash against the US on some level has to be considered.

I think it is safe to guess that there are CIA operatives currently operational in almost every Country on Earth. Again.. I go back to the fact the CIA is not a fighting force.
Jay.. I do understand what you are saying and I understand how people can get the wrong impression. Again if it had been Special Forces or Navy Seals or something similar I would perhaps feel differently. . I also understand what the perception is as well. Did the Govt lie? Yes. Is it the first or last time? Not by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Oh, I agree. And I clearly understand why they didn't fight.
I am just remarking on the perception this news creates. I would love to know WHY they were there, but I highly doubt we will ever know.

Also, it is safe to assume they were armed I think.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

reply to post by kosmicjack

Of course this was already suspected. Nice to get verification though.

And once again, the crazies were right. This admin IS pretty transparent.

Most transparent in the history of transparentisms.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
I guess I find this to not even be news. Of course there was a ton of CIA in Benghazi... Just as I am sure there is a ton on the ground now in Syria. This is like finding out the Sun rises in the East. I am not sure why it is a big deal. Obviously the way the CIA operates in situations like this is kept secret and they do almost anything they can to keep it so. I find the bigger news is the CIA was on the ground in Italy during the Bush admin and kidnapped people for the rendition program.

If true this is 1000 times worse than what happened with the Iran-Contra scandal.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Very good point, so we should keep on the look out foranother issue being soft sold to the public...maybe new information on Bengazi, 'guns to Mexico' or 'Obamas true birth location' (note the closing of the embassies in the middle east falls on his birthday!), or maybe more IRS scandle...so many to choose from.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Whatever CNN's new reporting style, (outing lefties) this is big news. If CNN is running with it, it's big. They probably figured the probability of running with it at this point in this administration's history might now be the right move.

Hilary will probably say "What does it matter!"

It matters, lies were told to our faces. People died and lost their highly held positions that disagreed. It matters what this govt is up to!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I love how news outlets like Huff Post and CNN are like, "we don't know what the CIA operative were doing there?"........ Really? I'm sure they were there for afternoon tea and crumpets... They were there to help destabilize the country. There is a very real agenda going on here with my Govt. and its obvious what they're trying to do in the ME (and neighboring countries)... Nothing is done over there by accident, there is always reason, and usually good reason for why these actions are taking place.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

reply to post by GArnold

Especially veterans like myself. We left them out to dry because a black ops was going on right in the middle of a presidential campaign and Obama didn't want the negative press. Now the picture is clear why assets were told to stand down twice.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

The CIA are not by definition trained Soldiers or a fighting force in any way shape or form. Of it turned out there was a squadron of Special Forces on the ground then I perhaps could see your point. Central Intelligence Agency... It's focus has nothing to do with providing armed security for anyone. It may be the perception it creates for you personally... But for anyone who has a basic grasp of what the CIA actually does it is not at all surprising.

Okay, you're talking about maybe analysts at Langley. These agents in Libya would have been operatives, maybe even NOC. These operatives would have had extensive hand to hand combat and weapons training.

edit on 2-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Exactly. The agents in place are trained.
However, it is also easy to see why they may not fight.
Covers blown, outgunned, etc.

Still yet, the perception remains. We let four of our own die because these CIA punks are cowards. They were there for shady purposes and the Whitehouse knew it. They hushed it up the best they could. And they got caught.

The whole thing STINKS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join