It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Exclusive: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack

thelead.blogs.cnn.com

CNN has uncovered exclusive new information about what is allegedly happening at the CIA, in the wake of the deadly Benghazi terror attack.

Four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed in the assault by armed militants last September 11 in eastern Libya.

Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.

CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency's Benghazi s
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foreignpolicy.com
www.breitbart.com

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What ever happened in Benghazi months later none of us know anything more than the first few hours of it.

We saw both Obama,Clinton,Rice all try to deflect the events on the ground on a video, and now the their new talking point is 'phony scandal'.

Since then we have seen Patraeus fall on his sword for the current administration Rice as the new National Security adviser.

So Yeah they are definitely covering something up be it Russian made missiles, be it Broadwells comment on a 'secret prison' and the repeated attempts of stone walling any answers to Benghazi where the murder's are still running around free.

Doesn't look like we will ever get any answers the answers deserved to those families who lost their loved ones.

Transparency they say

Where?

Something is definitely being covered up, so damaging the administration looks to be doing everything to stop it. from ever coming to light.

thelead.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This might explain a BIG question I've had since day 1 on this. The attack started and focused 100%, exclusively on a State Department property. Not the CIA compound. Plenty have said the existence of the CIA compound was about as secret as a McDonalds in Time's Square. Yet.....no one so much as threw an egg at the place ...until they had fully over-run and destroyed the State compound. THEN....whatever they were there for or after either wasn't there or had been moved to CIA with the rescue of the 20+ people in the State location.

Only then did the local militia shift their attack to CIA. Only AFTER totally over-running the first one to see whatever it was all about, wasn't there.

Now we have a new direction to ponder. If CIA had a serious operation running that night........WHAT were the fighters after that was *SO* important, they'd risk total annihilation for even attempting this? Before Barack Obama, overrunning a Diplomatic Compound like this would have brought Hell itself down onto whomever dared do it, lest we encourage more. They couldn't have known we have a President who would not only fail to even arrest a single man for it (or try) but give NO credible retaliation of any kind, whatsoever.

So...What was CIA up to that night that had so many determined to risk everything they had to get or destroy? Oh yes.. there is a BIG rat at the center of this thing and it's starting to look the size of a small dog by the rumbling at this point.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Something happened, and it was so serious that Hillary took a last resort
measure with her fall, and then simply dissapeared.

She only surfaced months later for the hearings.
She gets a Patriot Award, while the survivors of the attack
waited 20 hours for help!???

And now we learn that the CIA was there all along?

In exclusive communications obtained by CNN, one insider writes, "You don't jeopardize yourself, you jeopardize your family as well."

Another says, "You have no idea the amount of pressure being brought to bear on anyone with knowledge of this operation."

Weapons to the syrian rebels, and Al qaeda....

There will be no forthcoming answer as to why they were running weapons to
the boogey man.

edit on 1-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thinking Benghazi was a precursor to the Abu Grab prison break

Hundreds of convicts, including senior members of al-Qaida, broke out of Iraq's Abu Ghraib jail as comrades launched a military-style assault to free them, authorities said on Monday.

Abu Grab Prison Break

DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan — Pakistani lawmakers elected a textiles magnate Tuesday to be the next president of a country plagued by Islamic extremism, only hours after Taliban militants launched a mass prison break freeing hundreds of inmates.

Pakistani Prison Break

A high Value Prison/rendition center possible, but since the election of the new guy that kind of stuff was suppose to 'end'.

IDK definitely rotten all the way around.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm starting to wonder if Snowden has information about Benghazi. I know its a stretch....but not really in my eyes.
I think people aren't making the connection to this....Russia granting him asylum. The US supposedly closing its embassy's due to security concerns. ......right after the asylum. I think Snowden leaving Russia despite the asylum is a ruse. unless i got something wrong.

edit on 1-8-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by neo96

Something happened, and it was so serious that Hillary took a last resort
measure with her fall, and then simply dissapeared.

She only surfaced months later for the hearings.
She gets a Patriot Award, while the survivors of the attack
waited 20 hours for help!???

And now we learn that the CIA was there all along!

Now we know why the military was told to stand down, can't get busted doing 'nefarious' stuff can they.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is my take: who am I.....no one nothing, don't know anything

However: there was activity in Benghazi, aforehand, which was "compromising"......therefore, said, "set up" attack.
In other words, covering tracks of previous activity, and blaming it on extremists.

Not that I know...just a good guess.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

To tell you the truth? Abu Graib doesn't scare or bother me. Anyone who honestly thinks Iraq has just ONE major prison for a nation of over 30 million? Umm... Hello? lol... The media makes it sound that way though. Does it make sense that Iraqis would put their MOST dangerous people in one of the MOST vulnerable locations by it's OWN physical location in relation to Baghdad? Perhaps they did...but these guys are all American trained to think like paranoid little freaks. I don't buy it on that basis alone. Oh, the break happened...but I don't buy the level of fear it should be causing.

On the other hand...the news seems to have almost skipped another event entirely! 4 days after Abu Ghraib? Well... You believe in pure coincidence, don't ya?

1,200 escape from Benghazi Prison

What gets me on this one is..... Benghazi was the working Capital of the Libyan resistance forces before they won. It's still a major bastion of their control and who stomped our compound and murdered our Ambassador. That tells me the prison held the worst EVEN THEY considered too dangerous to have running free... Good Lord..what walked out of THAT prison??

Between the two of them, that's 1,700 fighters and commanders now running free, very pissed and with major grudges to settle.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well where they did the attack could of had a under ground bunker or hidden rooms in the parking garage. They have walk ways under ground there where they check the under side of vehicles and even do the oil changes. They build a under ground level instead of putting in lifts to lift the car to work on them. And people did run to the garage for some reason. Is that the secret prison? Was there a rendition taking place they don't want people to know about?

Kidnap some one and park your car in the garage and put the people in the hole under the car where cells would be until you go to move them some place new. All under diplomatic immunity at the base.

Wanted to add maybe there was more than one thing going on. The video I know was tied to CIA and Scooter Libby. But that is not what I meant by more than one thing. A mole could have turned in the prisoners who were captured and sent to CIA base for rendition and the mole sent to the embassy grounds for sending out of the country for protection. They hit the embassy where the mole was and not the prison where the prisoners for rendition were at because they did not know where they were? Just a thought.
edit on 1-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
People are claiming that the Ambassador was there trying to retrieve weapons. That's the piss poor, post hoc, posthaste cover story. And in a nation that breathes and lives in a state of hypocrisy, its the exact opposite of what was actually happening.

The real story is that Benghazi was being used to run guns to Al Queda in Syria and it was either Russia or Iran that attacked the CIA run operation to expose the gun running to the world. Fact is is that the executive is responsible for arming our enemies in the war on terror. Exposing this hypocritical charade for what it really is exposes every dirty little plan being implemented to manipulate the American public into accepting a war that will ruin the US and destroy this country forever. China and Russia are playing a waiting game as the US implodes with the petro dollar. The only thing that will save the petro dollar is a huge war and that is what Benghazi is really about.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dieseldyk

Turkey is being used to arm Syria. But that is not the only place in the world where the US government is arming people including our enemies. Turkey is even being used to transport Columbines into the war in Syria. They have waived all passports between the two countries so the ex drug cartel members and ex Columbine intelligence which was disbarred from the Columbine government can't be traced and tracked back in forth.

And don't forget all those crates of ammunition that were being sent to loading docks by DHS. Those would have gone to South America some where. And Columbia could have sent them to Turkey to arm Syrian rebels.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, and now these agents are getting the drill.
How long before some of them start dissapearing?

Lie detector tests every month thats what they know about.
To make sure they are not talking to the press....

And we also know there was a CIA drone overhead the entire time,
why was there no intervention to save lives? So be it if they were running
weapons to Al qaeda, I guess 9/11 was not enough. Is it ever going
to be enough? How many people have to die?

edit on 1-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Moammar Khadafy, was cooperating with the US, granting them the right to use Libyan territory for CIA black sites.

Having helped to engineer the ouster of Khadafy with air strikes left Obama with the problem of a revitalized al Qaeda springing up to fill the void.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
anyone have this video
[UPDATE (8/1/13 5:31 p.m. EDT)]: At 4:46 p.m. EDT during Thursday's The Lead, host Jake Tapper finally broke CNN's silence and talked at length about Benghazi, citing Damon's report before he broke another exclusive on Benghazi.

Read more: newsbusters.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

From your post above.

But some intelligence experts, Wolf, say that the Americans are looking in the wrong direction when it comes to Abu Khattala, that they really need to broaden their horizons, look outside of the box when it comes to really hunting down who is responsible for that Benghazi attack. Read more: newsbusters.org...

Something I thought from the start. The French who were really in bed with Libya or someone else like Israel who was upset about the changes taking place of dictators they liked.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by dieseldyk

Turkey is being used to arm Syria. But that is not the only place in the world where the US government is arming people including our enemies. Turkey is even being used to transport Columbines into the war in Syria. They have waived all passports between the two countries so the ex drug cartel members and ex Columbine intelligence which was disbarred from the Columbine government can't be traced and tracked back in forth.

And don't forget all those crates of ammunition that were being sent to loading docks by DHS. Those would have gone to South America some where. And Columbia could have sent them to Turkey to arm Syrian rebels.

"Turkey is being used to arm Syria" - is the easy answer.

It seems multiple routes are being used, land routes from Turkey, Jordon and Iraq, and sea route (direct supply).

The weapons supply to Syria s a big operation.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am not the least bit surprised that there were CIA ops on the ground. I called this a while back. Something just seemed off about this whole case from day one.

Impeachment please!!! >.<

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

A source now tells CNN that number was 35, with as many as seven wounded, some seriously.

While it is still not known how many of them were CIA, a source tells CNN that 21 Americans were working in the building known as the annex, believed to be run by the agency.

Seems like alot of agents to do nothing.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Better believe they had an agenda...

-SAP-

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join