It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to close embassies over security fears

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Is it possible that the ambassadors of the closed embassies have been called by the Usa government, and so maybe are they getting ready to do some sort of announcement?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It doesn't have to be major though. A pair of truck bombs at two embassies, and wham there you go.

Right, that's exactly what I had indicated earlier, all it takes is ONE fanatic with his body covered in bombs to find a way in the Sheraton Hotel in Yemin and blow the place up......as has been said before, it only takes one oppt'y to kill and destroy, we have to be right all the time to try and stop it!!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
Is it possible that the ambassadors of the closed embassies have been called by the Usa government, and so maybe are they getting ready to do some sort of announcement?

Could you clarify a little more. Yes, all of the Ambassadors at each of the Embassy's and Consulates have been informed of this current threat. What other type of announcement would you think would be made?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

This makes the US look very weak and scared of AQ if real. As Rabbit mentioned you might as well close shop in the middle east.

Plenty of publicity in the MSM to get you worried. Curious that it INCLUDES Saudi Arabia. I would of thought that of all the countries Saudi Arabia would be safe. Doesn't say much for the power of the absolute monarchy there, if their best friends the USA cannot keep there embassy open for safety reasons.

I do not believe this threat.

This is for home market consumption. ref: WAR ON TERRORISM - WHY WE SPY ON YOU.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I mean, Possibly those ambassadors have been called to report/ to be informed about a situation by the government...They called all ambassadors to Usa in February 2011...

I don't know about the announcement, it might be anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

Yah, you guys are right. We'll just leave them open, and damn the consequences. So what if something happens and a bunch of people die, they aren't Americans. As long as we look strong and tough. That's all that matters.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari

I mean, Possibly those ambassadors have been called to report/ to be informed about a situation by the government...They called all ambassadors to Usa in February 2011...

I don't know about the announcement, it might be anything.

Thanks, yes now I understand your question better. And I do remembering Hillary making that call to all of the Ambassadors as you indicated. I did find that strange myself.

I really don't know. My first impression would be to inform them of this pending terrorist threat. Then, second what additional precautions should be taken should something happen or not happen. Then thirdly, if something, an act of terrorism did occur, then they would be informed of specific plans of our retaliation and how that would or could affect them going forward. That's all I can think of at this point.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

It's not real often this happens in discussions here, but I find myself in an odd spot. As the discussion has evolved and we've expanded on thinking it all through, I have to admit something. I'm finding my own position to be on shaky ground vs. what I felt it was when we started. I see your points and I'm not going to continue backing a position here, just because it's the one I started with. You may well be right as well as the indication you give about having more background and context in some of this than I do for drawing conclusions. I do appreciate the agreement we find on so much of it, as well.

So in that spirit, I think I'm going to sit back here and watch with everyone else, what happens tomorrow and over the coming days. Perhaps out to Sept 11, as one other person mentioned. I hadn't first thought of that date, but Al Qaeda does LOVE their symbolism in dates, don't they?

Either they're yanking our fear chain and playing games for nothing more than a slight bump in the normal level of threat the Embassies are always under and since 9/11 especially ...or there IS something really different about this time to explain the very different reaction we're seeing. I suppose that may become clear (and I hope, not in the worst way) soon enough.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

It's not real often this happens in discussions here, but I find myself in an odd spot. As the discussion has evolved and we've expanded on thinking it all through, I have to admit something. I'm finding my own position to be on shaky ground vs. what I felt it was when we started. I see your points and I'm not going to continue backing a position here, just because it's the one I started with. You may well be right as well as the indication you give about having more background and context in some of this than I do for drawing conclusions. I do appreciate the agreement we find on so much of it, as well.

So in that spirit, I think I'm going to sit back here and watch with everyone else, what happens tomorrow and over the coming days. Perhaps out to Sept 11, as one other person mentioned. I hadn't first thought of that date, but Al Qaeda does LOVE their symbolism in dates, don't they?

Either they're yanking our fear chain and playing games for nothing more than a slight bump in the normal level of threat the Embassies are always under and since 9/11 especially ...or there IS something really different about this time to explain the very different reaction we're seeing. I suppose that may become clear (and I hope, not in the worst way) soon enough.

Agreed!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Or it could be that a good portion of people get August off for vacation so there's no need to work the weekends. Sequister in action

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

I read through two pages of replies and didn't see what I've been thinking. Isn't this a comfortable amount of time to pass (since Snowden's revelations) to set up a false warning? Can we expect the U.S. government to now say, "SEE! This is why the NSA spying is so important. Look at how many lives we just saved with this fake warning of terrorist attacks."

And won't we say, 'Wow, no attacks happened. The spying works!' Umm, no, we won't say that.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well, Ramadan has come and gone and nothing has happened.

Except the NSA makes sure that every should be afraid.
What a joke!
"Be afraid! Be very afraid" Oh, by the way we are tapping your phone, your computer, your bank account,
and your web browsing.

This is called spin and disinformation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join