It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"When I Get These Cuffs Off You I'm Going to Kick the Piss Out of You"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EasyPleaseMe
The cop is only human, put yourself in his shoes.

Uhh no. That's why they train to become cops. Or we'd just have joe bloggs and the hillbillies putting tin badges on and parading shotguns down the street.

Put yourself in their shoes? Oh poor little officer. He should be a lollipop officer and help school children across the street if his job is too much stress for him.

If you assume the role of an enforcer of the law, you accept the responsibilities that go with it, and no, people don't have to accept the erratic attitudes and problems of a errant maniac with an ego and bad attitude.

"Sorry ma'am, your son died during the operation. But put yourself in the doctors shoes, he was really stressed from having a hard weekend. So.... yeah.. ok?"

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
reply to post by DaTroof

Ex-Leo here JA.. You cite the person for having a loud muffler. By cite I mean issue a ticket. Not arrest and threaten.

If I arrested a kid every time they were being a belligerent brat I would have no time for anything else.

Ignorance is bliss. Good luck in life DaTrool. JA!!

I can agree with you that a citation should be sufficient, but much like the referee who only sees the retaliation and not the initial cheap shot, we only have this boy's video and not the whole story. I'd like to see the police dashcam for this stop, because I imagine little innocent Billy here ain't so innocent or respectful.

Also, regardless of what this officer says, where did this culture of "disobey everything a cop says" start? You have rights, but until someone disrespects you, be respectful. Most of these police-stop videos are instigated by nervous people anxious to start a problem. I'm tired of it. Real police brutality should be the focus of the outrage, not supporting some bratty kid who didn't even get his rights violated.

NO! The officer is the sworn public official trained to remain calm and professional under all and any circumstances!!! This idiot is a disgrace. He lost his cool over a traffic ticket!!! This is they type of idiot that shoots me in the back of the head by accident while responding to a potential B&E because his radio chirped.

The media sensationalized their mishaps. They in return became more sensitive and defensive. So much to the point that they now all hide behind the "thin blue line".

Long gone is the day of good ole Officer O'Malley walking his beat and patting little Billy on the head. Community policing by the police fell off long ago. They do not care what the people of the community think, feel or need from them. They now exist to enforce the laws that serve them best.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join