It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cross of Jesus - There's nowhere else to go!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

"The box" must be transcended, but one would need to understand and recognize the nature of the box that Jesus walked straight into, and out of to get or "grok" the truth of what's really under discussion here.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by TheOd

"The box" must be transcended, but one would need to understand and recognize the nature of the box that Jesus walked straight into, and out of to get or "grok" the truth of what's really under discussion here.

Since you're the only one claiming a lock on truth, it's your ball game then.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

Hmph, I guess, because I feel that I've hit it out of the park, but from your POV there was no ball and no pitch to begin with, and no field (historical context).

To each his own I guess.

What really interests and intrigues me, is the new field of awareness and understanding that opens up once the true nature of the cross is embraced and that's what I'm wanting to share in this thread, the implications and the meaning and significance of "the work".

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by TheOd

Hmph, I guess, because I feel that I've hit it out of the park, but from your POV there was no ball and no pitch to begin with...

Exactly. Once you started flipping bible quotes with full assurance of your/their interpretation and validity, you were done for.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

It's like it's all happening all over again!

"I am the resurrection and the life!"

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

NAM Yeshua Ben Joseph was not crucified on a CROSS. It was a simple post and beam form. A "T" that has great meaning for my family.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by TheOd

It's like it's all happening all over again!

"I am the resurrection and the life!"

I wouldn't doubt that.

Greber:

The Earth is a sort of outpost where there is a mixture of “the dead” and “the living,” both in human garb, most of which are fallen spirits ascending from out of the depths. Some of the fallen though have already returned to the heavens and now visit the Earth as volunteers in order to lead the rest of the fallen back to Christ. Occasionally, a spirit who did not participate in the Fall, i.e., a pure spirit, will incarnate for a special purpose; biblical examples are Abraham, Joshua, Caleb, Moses, John the Baptist, Mary, the Mother of Jesus, and Jesus Himself.

Christ’s physical body, according to the Greber contact, never left the tomb. Instead, it was completely “dissolved” by the good spirit world with both hot and cold odic power currents that were used for the materialization of his spirit body during his post-resurrection appearances.

The fact that Christ after His death upon earth appeared to His followers in material form has led you to the erroneous conclusion that His spirit re-entered His former physical body. In reality He made Himself visible in the same manner in which all spirits do so, namely by the materialization of His spiritual body. Had not many spirits done this before Him?

Who should we believe? A ranting rambling semi-literalist like you or a man who gave up his priesthood to say

I, as a weak, fallible and sinful man, can claim no greater trustworthiness than any of my fellowmen. I therefore do not ask to be believed blindly. But one thing I do ask: That the truth that was revealed to me be verified by the same road by which I found it.

A man who authentically talked with and among the spirits themselves.

Hm?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

NAM Yeshua Ben Joseph was not crucified on a CROSS. It was a simple post and beam form. A "T" that has great meaning for my family.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or your family, but someone in the family somewhere down the line might say that they fulfilled their calling, to a T, and have been there, done that, got the T-shirt, so to speak.

What interests me, is the post-T life in "the field" and what that really means and signifies and calls us to bring about and realize for ourselves and our larger family.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
In the field

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yeshua Ben Joseph was not crucified on a CROSS. It was a simple post and beam form. A "T" that has great meaning for my family.

The Jehovah's claim he was crucified on a post and beam.
The NT says there was a sign above his head "IHRI" whatever

If there is no cross, where is the sign?

Answer.

No one knows how or if he was crucified. Except those that talk to him now.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

On an iron

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

It's all meaningless to you, fine, but then why your participation in this thread?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by TheOd

It's all meaningless to you, fine, but then why your participation in this thread?

You keep jumping to conclusions, typical literalistic failing. See-read-know.

It is hardly useless to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

I'm not a pure literalist, but a sort of gnostic, evolutionary Christian mystic who thinks that Jesus has something altogether unexpected in mind for us all as a spiritual and psychological remedy to the woes, and follies of the human condition, which is why I find so much humor there in that sacred space of what can only be thought of as the holy of hollies, in the known unknown of the domain of all freedom and all new possibility for the human being, and that's real self knowledge and the humor of true understanding. This is what I get or "grok" from Jesus, from reading him and contemplating his philosophy, character, "M.O.".

It's a wedding celebration actually, something greater and more precious by far than most any of us have ever imagined let alone even fully contemplated.

So don't you go assuming either, or thinking you have a lock on the truth or on the untruth.

Maybe I'm talking about something that's in a blindspot for you that itself is born of all manner of assumptions, even a contemptuous bias towards something despised..?

I'm always evaluating and re-evaluating, and discarding what doesn't work in favor of what does work, and truth be told I've fallen in love with Jesus Christ, whether he's an imagined spiritual and philosophical personage even as a perfect observer (objective), or not, he is ALIVE, in me, as the Bride of Christ that I am, however bad a wife I might be.. LOL

There's a domain of knowledge as the knowledge of experience, and it's filled with joy and appreciation, gratitude and immense worth including self worth, but not as it might be subjectively defined or determined and assigned through one's own reality filter (often in the form of a very very low estimation of one's self and one's true condition), which when you really come to think of it is the definition of self-deluded. And humorous, oh my.. ! Once you get the joke it doesn't matter anymore that it was at your own expense and at the expense of all your prior ignorance and confusion and darkness. And if you first need to shed a few tears so be it, as they turn to tears of hilarity in re-cognition of the truth as to one's true value or true condition even within the largest possible context of the whole of all creation!

He is the very light of life!

He's everything he said. Read him again. I think I will . (it's been a longgg time, but it really had a lasting impression on me in hindsight, obviously)

Mathew:
www.biblegateway.com...

Best Regards, and God Bless,

NAM
Your brother, in Christ.

edit on 2-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or your family, but someone in the family somewhere down the line might say that they fulfilled their calling, to a T, and have been there, done that, got the T-shirt, so to speak.

What interests me, is the post-T life in "the field" and what that really means and signifies and calls us to bring about and realize for ourselves and our larger family.

Well, we didnt invent golf clubs and gear "TaYLor Made"; but close, Holy Grail material. What field are speaking of? Golgatha? Calgary? or 'out standing in the field'? I cant get a grip on the 'T' form either but it was NEVER a cross, and one that had been used for 100's of other crucifixions, its not as if Lebanon could supply Rome with Cedar daily (and make to fit to form for its ultimate human ORNAMENT hanging). Lets talk about the larger family; and what you make of it.
edit on 2-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have NOlock on Truth and make no bones about it. I find those like you that act as they do abhorrent, frankly, as you lead the blind after your blindness.

Anyone who follows a disgraced set of manhandled docs like the bible when there are validated sources of human-spirit contact to rely on is a fool, sir. Plain and simple.

And those authenticated sources tell me the details of the afterlife, this spiritual quest we are on, the rules of the earthly game and - to a one - what a putrid way to live stuck inside of a set of books that enhances religion and distances us from the Creator with material nonsense.

These spirits who your own crappy bible admits exist, you know nothing of. Yet I know your bible and know what the comparisons between it and pure spirit communication really are.

So go thump your text at someone who knows a whole let less than me, who you can mislead and impress and drag them down with lies, distortions and truthlessness. You are so out of your league with me, with the spirit world, with the reality of the continuity of life, it's truly, truly pathetic.

The Od

P.S. Good News! You'll die, slop around in ethereal muck that you deserved since you created that Hell for yourself by your tunnel vision, get rescued by kindly soul/spirits and reincarnate.

Maybe next time you'll wisen up.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

See your post for context..

I just re-read your post again.

I think you might have paid me a compliment, before trying to insult me!

Jesus clearly was seen post-tomb whereby there were experiences of seeing him and being with him. On the road to Emmaus, he appears to have employed, imho, the art of disguise, and the men seen by the women at the opened tomb in dazzling white, those were extremely well dressed friends of Joseph of Arimathea, not angels. Why would they be so well dressed for the occasion.. maybe because it was quite the occasion the opening of the tomb, and what happened to those Roman guards the high priest had stationed by the tomb - heh even in Roman times I'll betcha that money talked.. and Jesus had friends all over the place probably in some of the strangest places, like with Pilate who said, when they protested about the sign above his head "I have written what I have written".

Luke 24:13-35
New International Version (NIV)

On the Road to Emmaus

13 Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles[a] from Jerusalem. 14 They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. 15 As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them; 16 but they were kept from recognizing him.

17 He asked them, “What are you discussing together as you walk along?”

They stood still, their faces downcast. 18 One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, “Are you the only one visiting Jerusalem who does not know the things that have happened there in these days?”

19 “What things?” he asked.

“About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20 The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21 but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. 22 In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning 23 but didn’t find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. 24 Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but they did not see Jesus.”

25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

28 As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus continued on as if he were going farther. 29 But they urged him strongly, “Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.” So he went in to stay with them.

30 When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”

33 They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together 34 and saying, “It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon.” 35 Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread.

www.biblegateway.com...

So who do you trust, someone who is a channel speaking to the spirits (plural), or my own common sense judgement, it's up to you, and the reader..

Best regards,

NAM

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Lets talk about the larger family; and what you make of it.

How large do you want to go?

Perhaps we should stick with earth and the human being because that much is true and real.

"Who then is my neighbor?" said the Lawyer, seeking to justify himself before the esteemed guests who sicked him upon Jesus in the first place.

If we do not have the capacity to love the whole of all humanity, then how can we truly love those closest to us, including our own selves.

"Family" as it is traditionally thought of, is often a type of covetous idolatry.

And why is it so important to YOUR family in particular that the cross is a T and not a t, and what of Pilate's sign up above, must that part of the story not be true so as to accommodate your family preferences, if so who ARE you or who do you presume to be?

This could end up like a clash between two Jesus' in a mental ward!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

Spirit is spirit, and truth, and love is love. I've been tested and have put the spirit to the test. God is good.

Tunnel? In case you didn't notice I've been referring to the cross of Christ as the light at the end of the long dark tunnel and into the new life already now no need to die in between or muck around in a self-inflicted hell of one's own making and on that score I've already been there done that got the t-shirt.

There's always a cross to bear or something to work out and there's always another life waiting, let's hope we progress while we're already on the road!

Jesus is the return path to God, in spite of ourselves.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOd
I have NOlock on Truth and make no bones about it. I find those like you that act as they do abhorrent, frankly, as you lead the blind after your blindness. Anyone who follows a disgraced set of manhandled docs like the bible when there are validated sources of human-spirit contact to rely on is a fool, sir. Plain and simple.
And those authenticated sources tell me the details of the afterlife, this spiritual quest we are on, the rules of the earthly game and - to a one - what a putrid way to live stuck inside of a set of books that enhances religion and distances us from the Creator with material nonsense.These spirits who your own crappy bible admits exist, you know nothing of. Yet I know your bible and know what the comparisons between it and pure spirit communication really are. So go thump your text at someone who knows a whole let less than me, who you can mislead and impress and drag them down with lies, distortions and truthlessness. You are so out of your league with me, with the spirit world, with the reality of the continuity of life, it's truly, truly pathetic.The OdP.S. Good News! You'll die, slop around in ethereal muck that you deserved since you created that Hell for yourself by your tunnel vision, get rescued by kindly soul/spirits and reincarnate. Maybe next time you'll wisen up.

That is certainly viscous and threatenning, who are you responding to, it helps if you reference your VERY UGLY diatribe to a specific individual that can defend itself (pull a posse together and take you to Ft. Smith to defend yourself as the most unreasonable UNFAIR human birthed by your creator; NOT MINE YOURS IS LACKING HUMOR congrates are in order). If those that are responding to this thread are so "out of your league" what is your purpose responding to it OH GREAT/GRAND PUBBAH of the incephlipods. YOU HAVE WISDOM regarding the ancient tablet "WISEN UP" written by someone called (MAYBE) TheODs Great Great Spider Grandmother, Name is "I Know Nothing" SHARE WITH ME, Ive been searching for it (suspected its grandchild would show up eventually) for eons; certainly THE ALTERNATIVE BIBLE as yet to be published to quash all prior belief systems, and take their place. I cant wait, give me a hint help me. Panting here in anticipation of BRAND NEW KNOWLEGE FORTHCOMING.
edit on 2-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join