It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cross of Jesus - There's nowhere else to go!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You should completely disregard the Book of Romans.

It was written by the same men who hid the truth of the Ancient teachings by mistranslating them.

Therefore NONE of what they say can be taken as holding ANY value of truth.

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
NAM, why did you feel the need to post this thread when there's already five dozen more just like it sitting around the archives? Does it need attention so badly that it bears repeating again and again and again? If you're going to do copypasta, at least make it interesting and informative next time.
edit on 1-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Romans 10:10

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth [or Distal Phalanges] that you profess your faith and are saved.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The 'Cross' or 'Crux' is the same as just about any other cyclical representation.

NORTH = BALANCE OF LIGHT.
EAST = BORN OF LOVE/BORN OF LIGHT - SUNRISE/DAY
SOUTH = BALANCE OF DARKNESS
WEST = BORN OF SIN/BORN OF DARKNESS - SUNSET/NIGHT

This is just a cyclic representation of a cross.

This is why 'THE SIGN OF THE CROSS' points to the 'HOLY SPIRIT' as being both LEFT AND RIGHT'. For it is the balance of Light and Dark.

But the 'Father, Son' part is INCORRECT! This has been changed from its correct form which was 'MOTHER - touching the head', 'FATHER - touching the navel' And DIVINE BALANCE - touching RIGHT/LEFT' in the SAME MOTION.

This is the same as what is shown in the ANKH of Egyptian mythology, except that theirs shows NEGATIVE LEFT ARM, POSTIVE RIGHT ARM. and the CIRCLE on the top representing our BRAIN, which is the BALANCE OF BOTH, which is stemmed *(Spine)* Between the two.

This is also EXACTLY the same as what is portrayed in the CHAKRAS of spiritual Teaching, all of which are "STEMMED" along the spine in balance.

The MIND (brain) and BODY (heart) balance. For which our PHYSICAL heart lies in the LEFT, MASCULINE, or NEGATIVE side of our body, and our SPIRITUAL HEART and connection is actually through our RIGHT side, POSITIVE, GIVING.

This is why JESUS holds up his right hand whilst touching his solar plexus BALANCE along the stem of balance in his body. He was an Ascended Master who understood such teachings.

This is why we WRITE with our Right hand (For the majority) for it is the GIVING, POSITIVE side and therefore is the side with which we CREATE.

The reason 'Jesus' is crucified upon the Cross, is cause when man understand such hidden meaning in the Bible. The truth about 'Jesus' will become known.

Hence he will be 'crucified' upon the 'Balance' of the cross.

It also fitting holds another level of meaning in the fact that such information which shall bring the truth of the Bible to the world arises from someone in Australia. The Land of the Southern Crux.
edit on 1-8-2013 by BornOfSin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
now i wonder about his opposite and if they are two or just one in two different places. i wonder about unas and soloman. i am sure now that they are all shepherds. i remember their corporation games and burlap tricks. phasing in and out of realms. he who controls the sphinx sees all and can regenerate life with plant matter. my only question now is where are they taking all of us. bind me and rob me i will find love

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Solomon was to Jesus;

What Moses (Drawn of Water) was to the Water-bearer Aquarius. Its just cyclic prophecy.

Originally posted by deadeyedick
now i wonder about his opposite and if they are two or just one in two different places. i wonder about unas and soloman. i am sure now that they are all shepherds. i remember their corporation games and burlap tricks. phasing in and out of realms. he who controls the sphinx sees all and can regenerate life with plant matter. my only question now is where are they taking all of us. bind me and rob me i will find love

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

"God comes to the starving, in the form of food."
~ Gandhi

Thanks for the reminder, I'll try to do what I can.

The love of Jesus is love itself, and you're so right that there is much more to do than merely tearing down and rebuilding all our institutions by which our own access to the good life, even if only as a possibility, is possible.

But none of that negates the love and power of the suffering servant who stood firm in the face of evil for what is right, and not only that, but anticipated it seemingly all the way down the line.

Who feeds the starving in Africa though I must ask you, are they Christian inspired in any way?

I'll do what I can, as I begin to reap a harvest from what I did not even sow, thanks again for the reminder.

"Honor the Lord with the first fruits of thine increase and thy barns will be filled with plenty and thy presses will burst forth in new wine" (Proverbs) and no that doesn't mean the tithing or giving is done in order to reap an even bigger harvest.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The Gospel of Philip

“When the pearl is cast down into the mud, it becomes greatly despised, nor if it is anointed with balsam oil will it become more precious. But it always has value in the eyes of its owner. Compare the Sons of God: wherever they may be, they still have value in the eyes of their Father.”

Perfect!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Why was that so funny, someone might ask? Because it's so greatly and so quickly, despised, on the one hand, yet of such incalculable value on the other, in the truth when fully grokked or understood most deeply. Neither can it be taken away from the one who has appropriated it's immense value, no matter how it may be despised. That's funny!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Who feeds the starving in Africa though I must ask you, are they Christian inspired in any way?

Were there no charities before Christianity? No, those that feed the starving are not driven by religion, but by the goodness of their hearts. I wouldn't want to live in a world where only religion inspired people to do good.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Where else can I go, where else is there to turn after I've already discovered in my search and quest, and folly, that quintessential love and compassion and tender mercy by which all my tears are wiped away from my eyes, and my own good-willed, good-natured humor and charm, fully restored at last?

Where else? Well, there's the Cradle of Baby Jesus. There's the Tao of Jesus. The Wedding Feast of Jesus. The yoga of Jesus. The party of Jesus. I hear he likes to party.

edit on 1-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

Followed by Joseph Atwill' "No Jesus" aka

The Roman Conspiracy To Invent Jesus

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

Ha! The final recourse. Deny his existence altogether as a historical figure, which would have to also include John the Baptist, Peter, Saul (who was contemporary to Peter), and the whole lot of them by extension.

That's funny!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Were there no charities before Christianity? No, those that feed the starving are not driven by religion, but by the goodness of their hearts. I wouldn't want to live in a world where only religion inspired people to do good.

C'mon Jigger, you know for a fact that the charities and organizations feeding of the hungry in Africa are largely Christian oriented, and inspired. Also, the love of God expressed through Jesus Christ is love itself but it's pointed like an arrow in a precise direction, which is what makes it so powerful and formative.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

reply to post by TheOd

Ha! The final recourse. Deny his existence altogether as a historical figure, which would have to also include John the Baptist, Peter, Saul (who was contemporary to Peter), and the whole lot of them by extension.

That's funny!

Why so?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

Because it's historically absurd, and willfully blind in the face of unparalleled genius. It's typical, and kind of sad and pathetic.

No one denies the historical authenticity of Saul (Paul) or Peter or even John the Baptist, only Jesus the central figure.

I need to reflect on what's funny about the denial of Jesus' existence - a person would have to be acquainted with Jesus' teachings, philosophy and character, and uncompromising nature to see it, but then before that's even permitted to happen, you run away. My running away was for different reasons, but I have to say that yours is the most effective way to try to deal or not deal with that which Jesus contends with by trying to make him go away and simply vanish. Both effective and convenient.

Denial has been an art of mine too, but after familiarizing myself with the context as a sort of historical textual criticism, I simply wasn't able to reasonably go as far as you, although it would have made things "easier" not to have to deal with it with what's presented by Jesus.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

No one denies the historical authenticity of Saul (Paul) or Peter or even John the Baptist, only Jesus the central figure.

Many deny any of them ever truly existed in name or in some other name. Where did they get these Peter, Marry, Paul, John Anglo-oriented names anyway! rofl Shouldn't they be Aramaic or Greek?

I need to reflect on what's funny about the denial of Jesus' existence - a person would have to be acquainted with Jesus' teachings, philosophy and character, and uncompromising nature to see it, but then before that's even permitted to happen, you run away.

Sorry I had to take a pee-pee, didn't meant to put your zealotry on mini-hold there, Bub.

Denial has been an art of mine too, but after familiarizing myself with the context as a sort of historical textual criticism, I simply wasn't able to reasonably go as far as you, although it would have made things "easier" not to have to deal with it with what's presented by Jesus.

I never went anywhere with the genuineness of the NT figures, you ran up a red flag for nothing, my friend.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Let's not forget fear, the fear of brimstone, Hell, eternal damnation which can only be assuaged with good works or faith or both or neither.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

C'mon Jigger, you know for a fact that the charities and organizations feeding of the hungry in Africa are largely Christian oriented, and inspired. Also, the love of God expressed through Jesus Christ is love itself but it's pointed like an arrow in a precise direction, which is what makes it so powerful and formative.

No sir, and I can prove that the charities are people oriented - a few good people that only use money from Christian charities. Think about this:

The following report claims that there are over 2 billion Christians in the world. Global Christianity Now, if helping the needy was truly a Christian 'thing', then TWO BILLION Christians would have all depressed areas of the world flowing with milk and honey.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Who feeds the starving in Africa though I must ask you, are they Christian inspired in any way? I'll do what I can, as I begin to reap a harvest from what I did not even sow, thanks again for the reminder. "Honor the Lord with the first fruits of thine increase and thy barns will be filled with plenty and thy presses will burst forth in new wine" (Proverbs) and no that doesn't mean the tithing or giving is done in order to reap an even bigger harvest.

I don't know your situation in life, but maybe YOU are the one to be the voice and the way for all Christians to show their love for Jesus. What I mean is, I just posted about there being over 2 billion Christians in the world. Imagine a monthly telethon inspiring all Christians to donate just ONE DOLLAR to the cause of feeding and caring for all the needy in the world. That's 2 billion a month times 12 months. !!!!!! There would be NO excuse for anyone to go hungry ever again. Hell, I'd even donate.

NAM, start a telethon!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

Jesus was a revolutionary figure operating in stark contrast to the corruption by the "elite" of Jewish society, both by superficial religious observances and by an evil empire (Roman occupation), thus his distinguishing between the "kingdom of heaven" from that of the earthly powers and principalities who were sucking the lifeblood out of his community and tearing at the social fabric of Jewish life, robbing the people of land and property, as well as the spiritual life, and who could not be trusted or relied upon as a governing dynamic, so he presented by contract the "Rock of Ages" and stood upon it, unwaveringly, while pointing at the downfall of what was corrupt in his midst. This also assured his fated destiny, even by anticipation!

The entire historical context can't then be utterly removed and the ball taken off the field by saying that it was made up out of whole cloth by Roman intellectuals centuries later.

What about the Christians and the Lions in the Coliseum, for what were they prepared to die and why were they persecuted (even though their numbers may be exaggerated)?

Neither can you blot out the history of the early early Christian church. That doesn't have any historical validity or authenticity. It's just a ruse to do away with the cross.

I said before that 'running away' from the meaning and significance of the cross of Jesus is "easier" or more "convenient" but actually, to the contrary it merely demonstrates the lengths to which some are prepared to go to try to contend with what they despise.

And what better way than to try to remove it from history altogether and wash one's hands smugly in a bowl of murky water like Pontias Pilate who I suppose by your accounts isn't a real historical figure either..

Also, the Gospels were written as Apocrypha meaning to both hide and reveal both at the same time (and oh what they hide..!). Try reading them again with this in mind, and then try to maintain that they do not surround and deal with an authentic historical person of unparalleled genius, love and depth of psychological and metaphysical understanding and awareness.

Are you familiar btw with the Jewish mystical tradition and kabbalistic Tree of Life?

That became personified in Jesus, his cross itself symbolizing the twin pillars of a Severe Justice and a Tender Mercy.

Who can miss it?

Regards,

NAM

edit on 2-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
from another thread, for additional context and understanding

Santa Hat

Blood red moon

In the heart of the Ram..?! Now that is pretty trippy, imho.
The Day of the Cross.

Remember too that after Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus retrieved, with Pontias Pilate's permission, the body of Jesus (with his legs, unbroken) to be placed in Arimathea's new, unused tomb, that Nicodemus covered Jesus' body, in aloe.

And the two men in dazzling white clothes who the women encountered at the empty tomb, I'll betcha they had big smiles on their faces when they said "Why do you look for the living among the dead?"

The bottom line here is that we are all of us "punk'd" by God in the most ingenious manner, but I'm not suggesting that the cross is in any way a hoax no because knowing Jesus he would have went into the final ordeal double blind and obedient with faith even to the very point of death, his resurrection already seeded however in the unfolding of a fated destiny, to see another day on the other side of the tomb.

It's extraordinary! A happy ending with good absolutely triumphing over evil once and for all time, for US, for WE such that where the last are first and the first, last, the very best of the best of what life has to offer is held in reserve, for last. Therefore who gets the last laugh..? To feed us in this way, Jesus simply must have also got his and got to have his cake and eat it too. Let us follow him therefore not only to the cross, but also into the resurrected life!

Best regards,

NAM

P.S. If only we could come to understand just how humorous this all is. He even punk'd the OP, for assuming, and he sure did a number on Saul about 35 some odd years later from the abode of eternal light!

The Day of the Cross.

He was working to a SCHEDULE, he and John the Baptist both, a schedule who's beginning and origins as a first/last cause in eternity seemingly has no end!

It's the ultimate conspiracy of conspiracies, and because for Jesus it was always and forever all about us, about we as in "our father", it involves us, directly and personally.

He ("they" as the beloved and beloved other through whom all that was created was created) punk'd us all, by an original intent! That Jesus and his God the Absolute - what a RIOT!

It brings us both to tears and laughter, and the contemplation of a mystery intended for our own reception from before the foundation of the world - OMG what a marvel!

It makes me weep, laugh hysterically, and wonder in awe and happiness and joy, it's grace upon grace and a glory upon glory of which we had NO prior understanding or comprehension so it also comes from the domain of real knowledge but as a pleasant surprise, on the other side of the tears.

His is the hand that wipes away the tears from our eyes and then reduces us in a heap of laughter and joy, and then He even has the audacity to lend us a helping hand to get us back on our feat again! Oh dear, here it comes again..
(those last ones are tears of utter hilarity).

Love, in Christ Jesus himself relative to whom I of myself am nothing, but in him everything and a part of Christ, oh oh at risk of another bout of laughter..

NAM

edit on 2-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Slow down NAM, whooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa there!

I find folks who wrap up their theologies into pretty God-in-Their-Box realities not only puerile but downright boring. Not to mention egoistic to the nth degree. You somehow how figured out what biblical scholars can't agree? You know the translations of the original texts - what original texts? -

The truth is somewhere between your biblical literalism and left-wing all-is-allegoricalism" Neither you nor I have really have a clue where int truth lies biblically...if at all.

Which brings us back to Atwill. He's worth a listen and a read both I have done, neither have you. He's a difficult learn and he is expressing an opinion not a set of take-or-leave facts.

Personally, if I want to learn about spiritual truth I listen to the spirits (you know, the mediumships and discarnates that your bible goes on and on about
) not some completely ambiguous, eternally debated, slopped together, misquoted, mis-copied, and untrustworthy compilation of God-Knows-What human-bastardized "Bible".

Keep the faith though. It appears to serve you. Well or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join