It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to close embassies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Source

So the USA is going to shut some embasseys in dangerous areas, anything to do with all the recent Al-queda jail breaks?

Jail breaks reported here ATS link

Thoughts please
edit on 1/8/2013 by kuhl because: title change

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kuhl

Maybe they are actually taking it into consideration unlike Benghazi, which ultimately happened even though requests for more security had been ignored.

News of the shutdowns comes as a House committee subpoenas the State Department for documents on the 2012 Benghazi attack.

The decision was taken "out of an abundance of caution and care for our employees and others who may be visiting our installations", Marie Harfid said.

Wish they had thought that way before 4 people got killed in the Benghazi attack.

-------------

ETA: Unless the House committee discovered unknown threats since receiving subpoenaed documents.
edit on 1-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well guys, I guess that answers a big question for us. The way and the answer that comes is just the worst possible outcome I could ever have imagined.

People have been speculating for a long time now that the Government is generally running us around, toying with our fears and almost amused to see everyone jump at shadows.

They aren't closing embassies to be amused at people's reactions. They REALLY BELIEVE their own threat analysis and they are acting precisely like people who are under the threats they've been claiming all this time.

Now, for some people, that might come as some big relief that maybe we haven't been lied to quite AS much as it may have seemed. For me? I could have gone my entire life without having that confirmed. It means they actually live in that dark dark chamber of paranoia we only imagined they were trying to push us into. They haven't been trying to push...but PULL...to have us JOIN them.

....and this is one of the weakest, most disturbing moves I could imagine seeing a major world power take in response to threats. Close them for budget reasons. Close them because we're tired of maintaining presence in EVERY nation on the planet ...but for God's Sake DON'T tell the world they are closing because the United States Government is shaking in it's boots so badly, it just can't imagine mustering a defense or even credible threat of one to prevent outright attack and over-run.

....and if they close Baghdad? That multi-billion dollar CITY within a city? I'll just go APE. That was built to just about sustain a full blown battle of the Custer's Last Stand variety and still have plenty of survivors left to meet reinforcements. Weakness... this is pure weakness showing like pride.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This news kinda makes me worried like something BIG is about to go down. If they withdraw from Europe its gunna be SHTF big.

North korea threating to nuke the west = funny and cute.

China threating to invade japans islands = owell otherside of the world to me.

Syria = Arabs being arabs

USA retreating from embasses = me worried

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
correct me if Im wrong, but from memory, didnt the US do something similar before the first (maybe second) Gulf War against Iraq?

To me, this looks like alrm bells and a potential major, sudden escalation in conflict within the region.

Closing embassies to me means, the US does not want to be in a position where there are potential kidnapped citizend being used as pawns.

Therefore, remove the risk, before the area ignites.

This could be related to the US troops in Jordan about to enter Syria, tie that into Russia stance on Syria and Snowden, and we have a new Cold war being fought with proxys within Syria.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
They are closing embassies in the Middle East that are normally open on Sunday due to "security concerns".

It's not exactly the first time this has ever happened when "security concerns" have arisen

www.huffingtonpost.com...

They're not closing them permanently, like most of you are thinking.

Most embassy services are closed on Sundays, except in the Muslim world it's Friday. So that's why this Sunday closing is getting the ink.
edit on 2-8-2013 by bg_socalif because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join