It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative policies responsible for the 105 Child Prostitutes.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

The black market is free market, it's completely free from government intervention (unless you get caught) no taxes, no regulations, no minimum wage, no OSHA. Nada.

So?

If you all want to see what will happen if you get your way of free market capitalism, you have no further to look than the black market.

Yep a thriving business unlike the current state of the union.

Which proves what I said a free market can only exist in the vacuum of government intervention and people THRIVE instead of being slaves to the body politics and voting for people who ever gives them 'free stuff'.

IE Pimp themselves out.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
*Deep in the heart of the White House Situation Room*

Obama: The economy sucks, unemployment is so high that we can't fudge the numbers anymore, our foreign policy is in the toilet, we're losing the war, the NSA is spying on everyone and I can't get people to like me anymore.

What are we to do???

Valarie Jarrett: Get our loyal followers to start blaming republican policies.

Obama: Get it done! Maybe start with that ATS site. Get my operatives on that now!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by BritofTexas

Really throwing every strawman 'argument' out there including the proverbial kitchen sink to see what sticks:
Well first off:
58 Million Americans on Medicaid
And then:
Walmart
Walmart employs 2.2 million employee's that do have health insurance depending on their job.
McDonalds
McDonalds have 1.8 milllion employee's also depends on their jobs
So that leaves 53 million Americans on Medciad who are not working for either who are covered on their mommy and daddies insurance until age 26 well below the average age of their workers.
But hey who cares thought right?
Back to the double dramatic demogogic dogma rooted in progressive liberal machinations of corporate hatred.
We done here?

Lets break down your numbers.

Medicaid alone covered almost 36 million children who otherwise could not afford health coveragef

Children's Defense Fund

Medicaid provides health coverage to over 8.8 million non-elderly individuals with disabilities, including those who are working or who want to work.

Medicaid.gov

Medicaid provides health coverage to more than 4.6 million low-income seniors.

Seniors & Medicare and Medicaid Enrollees

It leaves about 5 million able bodied adults. How many earn less than a living wage?

The largest group are Children. How many have parents working at your beloved Walmart, McxDonalds?

You've already done it Methinks.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

No we want a mom and dad someone to have freedom to practice their NON LETHAL faiths along side all others,a country where a meritocracy would effectively keep things going.
Instead we get sex perverts,sociopaths, activist anarchists,people who believe the news...apparently and of course the business compromised in bed with the money pukes and emotional opinions defying all of American if not world history with their PC convoluted logic.All the while the people running things don't know how,everybody plays tennis with the 2 parties and winner gets paid as Obama goes all "Nero" as a pseudo muslim,BSsing his legacy for us all.
It started with Carter,Reagan swung it back,Bush then was with the bankers and downhill since,but the lying was complete and now is the backbone.

It wasn't the conservatives.
edit on 1-8-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Done what?

Expose someone's obsession with Walmart and Mcdonalds, and other peoples money?

I agree.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
*Deep in the heart of the White House Situation Room*

Obama: The economy sucks, unemployment is so high that we can't fudge the numbers anymore, our foreign policy is in the toilet, we're losing the war, the NSA is spying on everyone and I can't get people to like me anymore.

What are we to do???

Valarie Jarrett: Get our loyal followers to start blaming republican policies.

Obama: Get it done! Maybe start with that ATS site. Get my operatives on that now!

Deep in the Heart of the Koch Brothers Counting House.

David "Someone on ATS knows that Trickle Down Economics is a Sham!"

Charles "Quick! Release the White Rabbit and that Bloke with the Gas Mask!"

et tu lepus

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Done what?
I agree.

That seems mistyped. Allow me to help.

Expose Walmart and MacDonalds obsession with other peoples money?

I'm sure that's what you intended to type.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

We all know 'trickle up' economics is a sham

Have a point there?

Yo rob from from the rich give to the poor so they can 'live' by just buying a bunch of corporate products!!!

That will teach them evil corporations! !

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Done what?
I agree.

That seems mistyped. Allow me to help.

Expose Walmart and MacDonalds obsession with other peoples money?

I'm sure that's what you intended to type.

Nope it was typed right the first time.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So?

So? Apparently you are cool with underage prostitution. Cause that's part of the black market free enterprise system.

Yep a thriving business unlike the current state of the union.

Yes, full of suffering too. Like underage girls forced to sell their bodies just to try and survive. These young ladies have no real access to any government services or protection. They live off the grid as it were.

There is a downside to your free market utopia. And it's a human cost not a financial cost.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

We all know 'trickle up' economics is a sham

Any Historical evidence for that?

The History books I've read would suggest otherwise.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

So? Apparently you are cool with underage prostitution. Cause that's part of the black market free enterprise system.

That is one hell of a red herring guess I have to spell it out for people:

Child prostititution is not acceptable,but hell use it to justify draconian laws that kill a FREE MARKET.

I see how that works.

Yes, full of suffering too. Like underage girls forced to sell their bodies just to try and survive. These young ladies have no real access to any government services or protection. They live off the grid as it were.

More of that red herring fallacy

The downside I see is using child prostitution to justify BIG GOVERNMENT FASCISM.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Are we supposed to believe that child prostitution didn't exist prior to "Reagonomics"? This is the most absurd train of thinking i have seen in a while. You know that prostitution is called the oldest profession right? and adult back in those early days was basically being able to menstruate.
you follow your party so blindly i think i will refer to you as a "bleeting heart". baaaaaaaa

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Tons!

LIke :

The American republic has endured for well over two centuries, but over the past 50 years, the apparatus of American governance has undergone a radical transformation. In some basic respects—its scale, its preoccupations, even many of its purposes—the U.S. government today would be scarcely recognizable to Franklin D. Roosevelt, much less to Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Jefferson.

In 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.

online.wsj.com...

www.usdebtclock.org...
Look at all those pretty,pretty red numbers

Love the work conservative opposites have done a people dependent upon their masters for their entire existence.

Pat on the backs for a job well done.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Tons!

LIke :

The American republic has endured for well over two centuries, but over the past 50 years, the apparatus of American governance has undergone a radical transformation. In some basic respects—its scale, its preoccupations, even many of its purposes—the U.S. government today would be scarcely recognizable to Franklin D. Roosevelt, much less to Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Jefferson.

In 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.

online.wsj.com...

www.usdebtclock.org...
Look at all those pretty,pretty red numbers

Love the work conservative opposites have done a people dependent upon their masters for their entire existence.

Pat on the backs for a job well done.

Quotes from a Right Wing think tank? Really?

As to the debt clock. Where would it be without the Neocon wars and the Reagan deregulated, Bank funded recession?

Are you going to use a Palin quote against me next?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I see blind ideology is clouding common sense.

Fine ignore the source can't ignore 17 trillion dollars in DEBT,

The proof is in the pudding so to speak,

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
There must have been a memo at Democrat Headquarters: Make some threads about Conservative Policies. I swear this is the third one I have seen on here in 5 minutes.

I have to say suck it up Liberals - the money has been spent, now people have to pay the price.

The tired of rhetoric of "tax the rich more, cut military spending" all well and good, STILL won't be enough to pay for all the social liabilities. Just face it - society CAN NOT afford to guarantee the well being of everyone. Yes, people are going to starve if they do not manage their money properly.
edit on 1-8-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
When the NWO collapse the economy, conservatives would be the least of your worries.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst1
When the NWO collapse the economy, conservatives would be the least of your worries.

Actually when the economy collapses I could care less about your political leanings. All I want to see is your ass running the opposite way.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Thom Hartmann speaks the truth, and the truth is that conservative policies are leading more and more children into prostitution. Most of these kids are just looking for a place to live or a warm meal, and the conservatives answer to this? More cuts to social safety nets and social services.

Simplistic solutions for a simple mind really....transport all responsibility of society, whom does things based on their individual preference to that of a Central Authority such as the Federal Government and then force such people to engage in charity via taxes; rather than actual charity. Am I on the right track here?

Those that believe we should not be forced to determine how we are charitable are lumped in here with this man's thinking. Simplistic mind indeed.

So instead of repeating the same talking points about the latest phony scandal, shouldn't we be addressing the issues that are facing our youth here at home? Instead of trying to legislate a woman's reproductive organs shouldn't we be creating programs aimed at getting these children off the streets and enrolled into school or some other activity?

I will ignore your red herring you proposed for a minute to address this. While I believe there is much wasted effort in trying to "legislate" a woman's body, it is that of democracy no? Shouldn't the People decide if such actions are viable and Just? Isn't that the call of Democracy?

The Government has been in the business of trying to "get the youth off the street" for a long time and it fails. You cannot force people to care; may it be about an unborn child or one on the street. That is done through self-governance and the fact that people will act upon their circle of influence how they see fit. Is it always perfect? Nope; but neither is the Government's call to action.

Thom Hartmann explains it perfectly

No he doesn't sum up anything.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join