It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative policies responsible for the 105 Child Prostitutes.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thom Hartmann speaks the truth, and the truth is that conservative policies are leading more and more children into prostitution. Most of these kids are just looking for a place to live or a warm meal, and the conservatives answer to this? More cuts to social safety nets and social services.

So instead of repeating the same talking points about the latest phony scandal, shouldn't we be addressing the issues that are facing our youth here at home? Instead of trying to legislate a woman's reproductive organs shouldn't we be creating programs aimed at getting these children off the streets and enrolled into school or some other activity?

Thom Hartmann explains it perfectly

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So what do you want to do with programs that total 90 trillion in unfunded liabilities?

Screw it, just keep monitizing the debt and collapse the economy??

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Why not blame ALL child prostitution on Conservative Policies? Why only 105?

I blame Pimps preying on the young.

Meh.........

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
WOW, just wow...

Now us evil Republicans are responsible for the those poor children. I've heard it all now. Man, us Republicans are some evil, evil people!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Instead of trying to legislate a woman's reproductive organs shouldn't we be creating programs aimed at getting these children off the streets and enrolled into school or some other activity?

Seriously ?

Why Yes nothing says ' I care about children by killing them' and throwing someone else's money at them,.

edit on 1-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I listen to Thom Hartmann all the time and I have to say he is totally just stroking his progressive listeners and was trying to piss off Horace Cooper.

I just do not see how it is possible to blame an entire political philosophy for the prostitution of children. It is intellectually dishonest. Of course poverty comes in to play here, but conservative policies are not the only things driving poverty in the western world.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hey OP, hyperbole much? This is just plain nonsense.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

edit on 1-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: nm

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be prostitutes!

What did we do before all these wonderfull programs existed? Must have been dark days indeed.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You know I was thinking about moving to Detroit simply because I could probably buy a house there with the change I have in my pocket right now

But really the nonsense which is the political atmosphere of our country is staggering. There is no such thing as reasoned debate anymore when it comes to politics. its all just talking points and slander.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The leftist solution of course, is to have killed these children in the womb, and viola! Tragedy prevented.

By the way, who are the gatekeepers to our culture, the same culture that sexualises children?

Who are the folks who promote promiscuity and moral ambiguity, apologise and excuse depraved, deranged behaviour?

Oh yeah. Leftists.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

I know. I edited my post cause really, all its going to do is be a spitting war.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Kind of a stretch, by the same token its also leading people into drugs, and crime.

Its funny to me that those that want to cut social welfare are those that claim the religious right to their base.

Usually fine with war spending, but feed a child with it and hell no that's irresponsible.

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

We have to get to the point where we all admit the system is broken, so that we can fix it.

We give aid to countries left and right while our own children starve, it needs to stop.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Kind of a stretch, by the same token its also leading people into drugs, and crime.

Its funny to me that those that want to cut social welfare are those that claim the religious right to their base.

Usually fine with war spending, but feed a child with it and hell no that's irresponsible.

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

We have to get to the point where we all admit the system is broken, so that we can fix it.

We give aid to countries left and right while our own children starve, it needs to stop.

Start with cutting off all foreign aid starting with ISRAEL and slashing the defense budget in half. Re-invest that same money in programs for the PEOPLE that benefit the people.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Funny how conservatives are so infatuated with a fetus yet when it's born they don't want to know about it. How about giving Women the choice whether or not to give birth to that child? Why do conservatives love forcing people into poverty? A lot of women in conservative states that are unable to get an abortion will be forced into poverty.
edit on 8/1/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It goes much deeper,,, your Messiah had a Lot to do with it.

[1]The Sequester (a.k.a. “the Grand Bargain”) was a bill that was originally passed as part of the Budget Control Act of 2011 (BCA), better known as the debt ceiling compromise. It was intended to serve as incentive for the “Super-committee” to come to a deal to cut $1.5 trillion over 10 years. Sequester cuts being planned “from 2014 to 2021…will cut $87 to $92 billion from the discretionary budget every year and $109 billion total”[3]. Of course “defense discretionary spending” (weapons purchases, base operations, construction work) cuts were minimal compared to the others).

Obama’s latest political maneuvers of “Sequestration”[1](which went into effect in March and are already devastating working peoples) and the chained CPI index changes (i.e. cuts to Social Security) have as their goal the gutting of the last remnants of public services (i.e. public education, healthcare, etc.); they are part of his tried and true policy of continued austerity. The sequester cuts include cuts to government programs like Head Start, food aid, low income housing, child care, AIDS drugs, healthcare for the indigenous, and unemployment insurance. This also includes layoffs and furloughs in the federal government, including to air traffic control, food and health inspection, and pollution cleanup workers.

This crime’s ramifications are amplified when we bring into the picture that Obama’s government is doing this while Wall Street and many major US corporations are registering huge profits[6]. This is going on while the productive sectors of the economy & it’s working people and their living conditions are continuing to worsen. Millions are still out of work, and the ones employed have terrible working conditions (low wages, reduced or no benefits, non secure employment, increase of part-time). Consequently, most bourgeois or “mainstream” sources agree that the management of the crisis by the Obama administration has represented a “golden age” for corporate profits[7].

lavozlit.com...

Now that is a Must Read,,, Yup,,, it is your Messiah and the Ruling Class, just keep on watching Honey Boo Boo and Dancing With The Stars,,, Obuma and his Crew will take care of the rest,,, Sheeple!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by muse7

It goes much deeper,,, your Messiah had a Lot to do with it.

[1]The Sequester (a.k.a. “the Grand Bargain”) was a bill that was originally passed as part of the Budget Control Act of 2011 (BCA), better known as the debt ceiling compromise. It was intended to serve as incentive for the “Super-committee” to come to a deal to cut $1.5 trillion over 10 years. Sequester cuts being planned “from 2014 to 2021…will cut $87 to $92 billion from the discretionary budget every year and $109 billion total”[3]. Of course “defense discretionary spending” (weapons purchases, base operations, construction work) cuts were minimal compared to the others).

Obama’s latest political maneuvers of “Sequestration”[1](which went into effect in March and are already devastating working peoples) and the chained CPI index changes (i.e. cuts to Social Security) have as their goal the gutting of the last remnants of public services (i.e. public education, healthcare, etc.); they are part of his tried and true policy of continued austerity. The sequester cuts include cuts to government programs like Head Start, food aid, low income housing, child care, AIDS drugs, healthcare for the indigenous, and unemployment insurance. This also includes layoffs and furloughs in the federal government, including to air traffic control, food and health inspection, and pollution cleanup workers.

This crime’s ramifications are amplified when we bring into the picture that Obama’s government is doing this while Wall Street and many major US corporations are registering huge profits[6]. This is going on while the productive sectors of the economy & it’s working people and their living conditions are continuing to worsen. Millions are still out of work, and the ones employed have terrible working conditions (low wages, reduced or no benefits, non secure employment, increase of part-time). Consequently, most bourgeois or “mainstream” sources agree that the management of the crisis by the Obama administration has represented a “golden age” for corporate profits[7].

lavozlit.com...

Now that is a Must Read,,, Yup,,, it is your Messiah and the Ruling Class, just keep on watching Honey Boo Boo and Dancing With The Stars,,, Obuma and his Crew will take care of the rest,,, Sheeple!!!

I don't really know why Republicans hate Obama so much...he's basically one of them.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Start with cutting off all foreign aid starting with ISRAEL and slashing the defense budget in half. Re-invest that same money in programs for the PEOPLE that benefit the people.

I agree with this for the most part.

Problem is that this is reality not the wonderful world of OZ. Even if you got all the cuts you wanted to defense, and got all the programs you wanted funded, you would still have children being pimped out by criminals. It is part of the human condition, not the result of conservative policies.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This seems a particularly dishonest and ugly piece of BS...

Never listened to Tom Hartman BTW.

You can blame many things on Conservatives...ditto Liberals...but this bit is BS.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Your party had control of the House the Senate and the the Oval office and yet this was sadly not a priority. Go look in the mirror for someone to blame.
But we do have some common ground, ill agree with cutting foregin aid.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join