It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the NSA exempt from all laws that do not name it???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I came across a claim that there is an executive order in place that states that the NSA is exempt from all laws that do not specifically name the NSA as being accountable for said law. Do any of you know if this is True?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
They dont have to be. They have every dirty little secret and every single information on anyone and everyone who is a threat to them and their corrupt ways.

No one dares stand in their way.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NATEUSMCSVT

Title: Is the NSA exempt from all laws that do not name it???

Edit: [The NSA is exempt from all laws.] Fixed that for you.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I don't think that they are Only exempt from laws that name it but ALL laws.

In light of the events over the last 2 months, it is very clear without doubt, that the NSA is Above the Law.
edit on 1-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
OP, what is your source?

Without a source, it could just be rumor or speculation...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

One word: Immunity. All of the most highly skilled and lethal agents in the employ of the government have this, as granted by the President under the advisement of parties unknown. They can do whatever they want, legal or not, as long as they complete their assignment as directed by their employers. And the NSA has its hand buried in the cookie jar that feeds those highly skilled and lethal agents. These aren't the agents we see on television or read about in brochures. These are creatures of the shadows, living and breathing the environment by which they earn their bread. No one knows who they are, and if anyone does, they are either dead, missing, or sworn to secrecy on pain of torture and execution. They are conditioned, trained, and paid by the most obscure and well-financed agencies to accomplish the government's dirty work without the government ever being officially implicated.

And they are part of the reason I have very leery of trusting any sort of high ranking agency.

edit on 1-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Surely the NSA obeys all the laws....its got tame monkey judges to sign any forms needed to allow it to do whatever it wants legally

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I guess when you're given everything you've ever wanted it's not too hard to turn your back on everything and everyone. Personally, I couldn't do it. I would die of guilt before I would be able to enjoy anything.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I guess when you're given everything you've ever wanted it's not too hard to turn your back on everything and everyone. Personally, I couldn't do it. I would die of guilt before I would be able to enjoy anything.

Most of those "highly skilled and lethal agents" are sociopaths. They lack a certain degree of empathy, or are able to turn it down as needed. They have no family, they are very good at what they do, and what they have already done has all but eliminated their peace of mind. They have no choice but to kill themselves or live the life which they still have it.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
OP, what is your source?

Without a source, it could just be rumor or speculation...

I am almost finished reading the book behold a pale horse.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
proof is what im looking for.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
no one? I believe it was threw a national security directive.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

a. I don't think that's how it's done (by EO). EOs are basically memoranda directing departments of the Executive to implement certain things under the President's authority. So it wouldn't have any legal weight.

b. Even if it were so, Congress still has the authority to override it--if they had the gumption. Which is a different question.

c. It doesn't really matter. They're above the law because--well, because we now live in a Fascist police state. In theory they could be brought to heel. In reality--[shrug] we shall see what we shall see....

ETA: Oh. A National Security directive. Yeah. Who knows? See above....
edit on 8/1/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The source is this video

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

NATEUSMCSVT
I came across a claim that there is an executive order in place that states that the NSA is exempt from all laws that do not specifically name the NSA as being accountable for said law. Do any of you know if this is True?

Source: www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

While I do not know the authenticity of the linked document in that post, it appears that the "directive" only applies to Executive branch directives, rules, regulations, etc., and not to laws enacted by Congress.

Also, here is a video stating that the NSA is, in fact, exempt from all laws as you've mentioned. The veracity of this statement is beyond my purview.

join