It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA now knows what your IP is and what you typed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
NSA has a new program, xkeyscore so what does it do here is the link the a tells you how and what is does
www.nbcnews.com... for you that want a snip it, here you go from the link

Until Wednesday morning, you'd probably never heard of something called "XKeyscore," a program that the National Security Agency itself describes as its "widest reaching" means of gathering data from across the Internet. According to reports shared by NSA leaker Edward Snowden with the Guardian, is that in addition to all of the other recent revelations about the NSA's surveillance programs, by using XKeyscore, "analysts can also search by name, telephone number, IP address, keywords, the language in which the Internet activity was conducted or the type of browser used."
could this be the beginning of the end for the net web, or will it live on for people wont give a darn about freedoms being stomped on, I for one will not bow down , if I what I post gets me on a list so be it. the Gov is out of control.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Check the top of the home page

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Seriously who #ing cares...and I mean this in the nicest way
. I've got nothing to hide, never did, never will. If this is what it takes to protect us from terrorists then I am willing to give that up. They've been doing it for years anyways without our knowledge.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I did the search this is what I got abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com... not one word about this pro gram if this be a thread that is up then a mod will do what a mod does. thanks for posting , but it would be nice to leave a thought or 2, not just a put down

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I appreciate your efforts...but there is already a thread on this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for anyone being on a list...that has been happening for a long time.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

so if they had proof you said one thing bad about them, you do not care if they know or could use it against you. Good for you, you still have the 1st or so it is written, not that it will do any good.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

it seem the search eng still needs work, if the mods think this is a copy or need not be then they can do what a mod does, till then thanks for posting, an other one sitting on the fence. freedom thinkers 1 NSA well wishers 3.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Cool

Maybe this is the best way to communicate with the NSA:

"Hey NSA" If you're reading this right now- You suck"

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by goou111

I did the search this is what I got abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com... not one word about this pro gram if this be a thread that is up then a mod will do what a mod does. thanks for posting , but it would be nice to leave a thought or 2, not just a put down

I was not putting you down.

I have duplicated tons of threads, it happens

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Personally, I came to terms with that as being a reality long ago. Whether the NSA or the FBI or the CIA or the ATF or any of the many other alphabet government agencies. The internet has not only created a vast digital oasis for humanity to discover itself and share... it gave governments a backdoor route to each of us who drive what used to be called the Information Super Highway... except now, that information is us.

So, what to do? Should we cringe from the obvious? Should we seek to hide in a dark corner from those who thrive in that environment?

Do we fear those digging away at our lives or is it fear itself that is our first obstacle?

In my opinion, there is no sense in hiding. Standing in the light, we should continue to give them the show they seek by exercising those liberties they would take away.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I avoid the search function unless it is in relation to an older topic... if you read the "new topic" and "alternative news" fire hose feeds you can figure out pretty quick if a thread has been started on the topic...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
. I've got nothing to hide, never did, never will. If this is what it takes to protect us from terrorists then I am willing to give that up. They've been doing it for years anyways without our knowledge.

Now imagine that you're a journalist, or an aspiring politician willing to challenge a flawed and corrupt system, or even a judge.

You still think it's perfectly fine for an agency to have such power over EVERYONE?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Now imagine that you're a journalist, or an aspiring politician willing to challenge a flawed and corrupt system, or even a judge.

You still think it's perfectly fine for an agency to have such power over EVERYONE?

You see I can't worry about those people. I just have to worry about myself and a majority of people are like me. We're nobodies.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting indeed...but is it wrong to at least follow up? I mean ok sure they were looking up pressure cookers and back packs but there were other items also involved that led the gov't to at least check it out. I would think...and this is pure guess here but browsing history has to tie into this and how long they were on each topic. It was admitted that the guy did look up how a pressure cooker bomb works. So when you tie in how it works & then oddly enough start searching for the items involved then it should be a red flag.

If anything I think a post like this at least should garner the attention of want to be terrorists to let them know that they won't get a way with it.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Sieg Heil!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
As for anyone being on a list...that has been happening for a long time.

At the very least we are on a birth cert inventory list.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

It doesn't matter anymore,the danger comes from those who order tracking and not from the track.

But very soon will end.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Sieg Heil!

What is that German?

Love your avatar by the way. If I'm correct that is Galactus...the baddest of bad ass MF's out there.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

If this is what it takes to protect us from terrorists then I am willing to give that up.

We have always been at war with Eastasia....

There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always—do not forget this, Winston—always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.
—Part III, Chapter III, Nineteen Eighty-Four

top topics

<<   2 >>

join