New bill aims to make 'smart' meters mandatory for entire nation

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes, TPTB want total control of your homes, and "smart meters" get their foot in the door. Now, they are pushing the Smart Grid Advancement Act of 2013 to make them mandatory nationwide:

There is a sinister agenda underway to forcibly convert every standard electric meter in the U.S. to the "smart" variety under the guise of promoting renewable energy interests. And one of the latest pieces of Trojan horse legislation pushing for this ominous transformation is the Smart Grid Advancement Act of 2013, introduced by Representative Jerry McNerney (D-Cal.) and co-authored by Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-Penn.), which would force utilities all across the country to convert their customers to smart meters.

First, let's see how their respective voting records look when it comes to supporting the Constitution. I will be using the JBS "Freedom Index"...

Dist.9: Jerry McNerney - 14%
Dist.17: Matthew Cartwright - 30%

Not too keen on the document they "support and defend"...

What else does this inauspicious bill aim to accomplish? According to a summary of the bill, posted as H.R. 2685 at GovTrack.us -- you need to read between the lines to really understand what is being stated in this summary -- certified Energy Star appliances and other energy-saving products will be required to contain wireless technologies capable of communicating with both energy providers and potentially even the government. "[T]he bill would require appliances with the Energy Star label to include wireless transmitters that cannot be turned off, in order to communicate (and presumably cough up your private data and respond to orders from Big Brother Smart Grid to switch you off at a moment's notice, as happened to dozens of people in Northern California recently when their not-so-smart-AC program cut off their air conditioning at the height of the recent heat wave," adds StopSmartMeters.org. "The bill would also establish a 'smart grid information center' that would presumably create pro-smart-grid propaganda at the taxpayer's expense."

They don't like what you are up to? Question the government once too often? No soup for you!

Even worse is the fact that Landis Gyr, a major smart meter manufacturer that describes itself as a "world leader" in smart grid technology, let the cat out of the bag that the National Security Agency (NSA), which we now know actively spies on innocent Americans' phone calls and text messages, also uses smart meters to spy on Americans.

They want their eyes and ears in all of our homes, and they are legislating us into compliance... this isn't a source that I give a lot of credit to, but they are spot on with this...

Source:smart meter mandate

How good, or bad are Your representatives...

JBS "Freedom Index"
edit on 1-8-2013 by madmac5150 because: First coffee kicking in
edit on 1-8-2013 by madmac5150 because: Added JBS link

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
more control!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I don't like the smart meters they pose a health hazard to people and homes as many of them seem to caught fire and some people that are sensitive wireless waves causing all kind of problems like headaches and ringing in the ears.

Also I wonder if is anyway that we can do to mess around with them.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I don't like the smart meters they pose a health hazard to people and homes as many of them seem to caught fire and some people that are sensitive wireless waves causing all kind of problems like headaches and ringing in the ears.

Also I wonder if is anyway that we can do to mess around with them.

I think the health risk is no worse than the rest of the EM we already have in our homes... but the privacy invasion is a serious issue...

More and more people are "living off of the grid" in my area... and we are working toward the same goal...

Until they legislate away our rights to generate our own electricity...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

My Electric Cooperative converted to those "Smart Meters" about 2 years ago. They explained it to be the "Cat's @$$" as far as sending the data instead of having to go out and read it.

Before it was installed my average electric bill was $75.00 per month.
After the installation my average bill was $120.00 a month.

I called and complained and they told me that I apparently was using more electric because the "Meter Said So".

I told them that they need to come and remove this meter and shove it up the @$$es. They told me "Ain't No Chance In Hell".

I have Not used any air conditioning at all this year because of that.
edit on 1-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There are plenty of ways to make wireless transmissions go nowhere. Especially with the appliance wireless transmitters so they can shut down individual appliances, which likely targets are HVAC and Water Heaters. It won't be talking to any of my appliances.

I can locate an antenna anywhere I want on my property and hook many types of equipment up to it. There is nothing they can do to make me move my antenna. At least not right now. That would be something close to said meters. I can determine when to let it phone home. Hence, it will be a bigger headache for them than me.

You can put some equipment right behind the meter on the wall inside too. A nice electromagnet of sufficient strength would do the trick nice. They are not coming in to search my house, the power company that is. And they will need to give me advanced warning they are coming on the property, so I can corral my attack dogs and flip a switch or two. Those intermittent electronic problems are a nightmare to figure out what is wrong. Sooner or later, they will not be saving time and money with my meter, and I suspect millions of them by the time us techs make a few blogs.

edit on 1/8/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Possibly construct a Faraday Cage around it to block EM... just a thought...

Our very well trained Belgian Malinois is the "gatekeeper" in our back yard... the meter readers have to use a spotting scope...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Why commit a federal crime like that when all you have to do is warp the counter wheel with a lens and a little bit of sun light?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Could this be where these smart meters are heading?

...can't turn on the A/C without permission from your Utility Box A.I.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Remember folks.. King Obama said to ignore those voices warning of tyranny.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Smart meters shouldn't require antennas they communicate thru the AC lines. Some early ones require WIFI but thats only for Beta testing
edit on 1-8-2013 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I am not suggesting to anyone to do this, of course.
There is an easy way if you look on You Tube.... it involves a large aluminum turkey roaster
and duct tape. Of course, your utility company will realize this right away.

All of these meters "broadcast to each other" and there is usually one
that is at the end ot the loop that is the "brain".

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is why I want to get off the grid and go just solar and wind, they can take their technology and stick it, tired of being squeezed by the power company's and gas company's.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

My Electric Cooperative converted to those "Smart Meters" about 2 years ago. They explained it to be the "Cat's @$$" as far as sending the data instead of having to go out and read it.

Before it was installed my average electric bill was $75.00 per month.
After the installation my average bill was $120.00 a month.

I called and complained and they told me that I apparently was using more electric because the "Meter Said So".

I told them that they need to come and remove this meter and shove it up the @$$es. They told me "Ain't No Chance In Hell".

I have Not used any air conditioning at all this year because of that.
edit on 1-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

Same here, almost exactly the same amount that it raised my bill, I called twice, and complained,I heard it was because it was more accurate, I think I am being had, those that still don't have them have a much lower bill than mine

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
They put in a digital meter in here years ago and I can still go three months behind payment before they actually will shut me off. They will deal with me on the phone at that point too.

I have no problem with the digital meter, it's easier to read, but I'd like to go off grid soon.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

How did I know it was a bunch of lousy democrats pushing this?

I must be psychic.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It'll be some time before this is implemented.

We got a "smart meter" put on two years ago. While home sick one day I noticed the meter guy drove up, got out and physically read the meter.

I called the electric company and said "I thought he didnt have to do this anymore? Why was he walking around my house?"

The answer was "even though the meters are installed we still do not have the infrastructure set up to use them."

Her ETA on that infrastructure was maybe another year or two.

Gotta love half-assed implementations.

new topics
top topics

join