It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Pressure Cookers and Backpacks, Get a Visit from the Cops

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hell i wont be surprised if OP gets a visit, at least ATS will be flagged as an extremist site untill some NSA cook says otherwise.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GreyGoo

You can be my bunk partner in the clinker.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zigguratvertigo

I'm sure everyone knows it is against the law to use your employer computer for personal use. This is a big thing that is just coming out and in some cases it is not just a misdemeanor, but can be felony.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is for the people that said I was crazy and paranoid about my incident.

Ive known this for a few years now.

I'm telling each and every one of you that this is what their using those super computers for. They have several linked together and process everything.

It's really not that diffecult.

It's been done since the beginning folks.

Why are so many of you acting so surprised?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

If this had been in effect in the late 90's? I'd probably STILL be in a prison..or UNDER it. You ever play online games? Remember the first Rainbow 6 game? I was one of hundreds of people/fans writing mods for that game while it was popular on TheZone. During a break in Springdale, Ar to get my truck fixed, I spent a few days pretty well locked into a hotel room, working on my Super-Weapon mod. Now I liked to be very ....detailed in my mods. Authenticity matters!

One of the weapons I was making for that game was a Nuclear Hand Grenade. Ala, Davy Crocket in a portable version. So, I must have researched a dozen sites on everything from Nuclear Terrorism to the real world versions, to the physics and actual blast characteristics of very small order detonations.

Well, take a WILD guess who was in town, while I had NO way of knowing it? Bill Clinton was doing a Presidential stop for some such thing...and we were told afterward by the front desk, they (Secret Service) spent a good 20 minutes on my room record, call records and personal details because they saw my phone had been connected 16-18 hours a day with what was dial-up Earthlink back then.

Imagine..just for a moment..what they would have done if, back then, they could have known (without context) what I was spending those 16+ hours looking at and reading about, while the President was a mile or so away? Err.. yeah.. REAL bad idea here.

edit on 1-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They did know.

Thats why thry stopped by.

They were just checking up on you.

They didnt meet me.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Nobody is at the wheel who can be deemed innocent if there is a crash.

T'would be nice if news didn't travel so fast, and the WWSB (world wide suggestion box) wasn't so closely monitored in order to make a sale or form public opinion.

FEAR. figuring out who is more afraid of who is key.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Please let us in on the incident.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You would have been disappeared. Or at least wished you were after they were done.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
this is an interesting link
Pressure cooker Bomb

wonder if it makes rice too?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Yeah.. I know. My wife and I were living 100% full time on the truck with our "home" being a P.O. Box and a Storage unit in another state. I can't even recall if anyone but the company knew we were even in Arkansas for that layover. 50/50 chance.

I can say when my wife and I were told by the motel in what they found somewhat humorous, we looked at each other and lost all color. We both realized in an instant, how close that could have come to having a very bad outcome for us both. Not disappeared. Not back then, anyway... (Late 90's.. Clinton.. not so much then) but days or more in their interrogation rooms might have made us wish we'd been by the end. You're right on that!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DivisiveConformity

Noooooo! I refuse!

The Toast Council will hear about this!

And besides, unlike your GMO processed bread, I am 100% organic and stand by it!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Could we actually make this a global headline? Everyone on ATS search for both of those items and we'll each be paid a visit. Show the world the snooping our government is doing, maybe the people will finally wake up.

No fear

Come on America...Stand up and be heard!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I will tell you what I find the most horrifying. It is one thing if the government is collecting all of this data on US citizens, storing what they search for, among other information, which could be recalled at a later date with a court order. That is one thing. But to show up at someone's house so soon after they Googled something suggests that they are not just storing information. They have a system to process information quickly, and to get it to authorities, who then responded very quickly.

I mean think of all the searches going on in a given time frame. To be able to sift through that much data, and then to respond that quickly, suggests there is much more going on that what the government has admitted. They said that they would get a court order, which does not happen that fast. Therefore they MUST be spying on all citizens without ANY oversight whatsoever.

I am telling you, the government we have today is completely at odds with our Constitution, and with the government that our Founding Fathers passed down to us. And like our Founding Fathers told us, when a government becomes destructive towards the freedoms and rights of the populace, that government MUST be abolished, and a new government must be instituted...one that is in line with the Constitution of the United States.

And the government will take a statement like the one I just made above, and attempt to make people like me look like the bad guy. They would label me a terrorist probably, simply because I advocate abolishing the government because of their actions. It is their fault, yet they make it look like it is my fault. I am simply following the tenets that were laid down when this country was founded. How does that make me a terrorist, or the bad guy? That makes me a Patriot from my point of view.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Our Government is broken...but not totally broken. Are we to the point of needing to press the reset button and remove the current Government? - I don't think so.

I am of the opinion that "WE THE PEOPLE" need to speak up as a country... very loudly and concisely and be heard. Up to this point America has been relatively quiet. Be it out of apathy or of fear... very little has been said.

If America were to speak out with a loud and clear voice, and our Government totally ignored it or even retaliated against the American people...then, and only then would it possibly be time for such actions.

To date... there has been very little noise. There is no reason to be afraid of the boogie man - We clearly see and know who and what it is.

Find your voice! .... Speak up America...or forever hold your peace.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

What most people seem to be missing here is that they have been collecting electronic data since the 1980's. It was leaked that every phone call in the world was kept on file for a month or so, if I remember correctly. There was some worry as the storage space exceeded even that goal.

It went to computers and cell phones and was called Eschelon. People heard about it and figured, "eh, I'm not doing anything too horrible," then promptly forgotten by the masses.

Of course this is a problem that undermines our values and laws. Of course it will cause problems in the future when someone is in charge who is insane... and that WILL happen... heck, it HAS happened already.

On the other hand, there are bad people out there not above using nukes and biological weapons and god knows what else.

True darned if ya do, darned if ya don't. Frankly I'd vote for oversight and common sense, and if a nuke slips by, well... but the genie is out and isn't going back quietly.

I guess everyone just better toe the line and follow every law carefully, live clean and morally and not be too curious.

Even Sweden isn't far enough, now.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Employer Tipped Off Police To Pressure Cooker And Backpack Searches, Not Google

Suffolk County Criminal Intelligence Detectives received a tip from a Bay Shore based computer company regarding suspicious computer searches conducted by a recently released employee. The former employee’s computer searches took place on this employee’s workplace computer. On that computer, the employee searched the terms “pressure cooker bombs” and “backpacks.”

After interviewing the company representatives, Suffolk County Police Detectives visited the subject’s home to ask about the suspicious internet searches. The incident was investigated by Suffolk County Police Department’s Criminal Intelligence Detectives and was determined to be non-criminal in nature.

Any further inquiries regarding this matter should be directed to the Suffolk County Police Department

One question though. Why the 3 month lapse?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
Even Sweden isn't far enough, now.

Sweden has an agency called FRA (loosely translated as the military radio agency) which has been monitoring internet activity since 2009 for "anti-terrorism" and "defensive" purposes. But its OK, since it only monitors stuff going in and out of the country. IE 99.99% of the internet traffic.

So your assesment is probably correct.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Freedom and security are mutually exclusive. If you want to be completely secure you need to give up all freedoms. Even if you go on the security route there's two paths to take. The first is transparency, where everyone knows what is being done and can verify use or misuse. The other is to make everything secret, where the nation spies to ensure the government is secure, no one knows what's going on behind the closed doors of the spy agency, and people just disappear.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Simple solution? Use duck search server and proxies.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join