It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Pressure Cookers and Backpacks, Get a Visit from the Cops

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by ErgoTheEgo

Seeing as your account indicates you're a bit new here...

You might remember me from a past life or two. Been here a tad longer than you. Unless of course you have also molted a time or two as well.

...perhaps you weren't aware of one of the more ...infamous... aspects for ATS trivia and lore. A couple of the better known killers across US headlines in recent times were members of the same site you're on.

Indeed. And a famous murderer was in my graduating class.

...but it makes the idea of ATS being 'too harmless to watch' a very dangerous assumption for anyone to make like that, IMO.

That is not at all what I was inferring. I specifically stated that this site is absolutely the sort that would be observed thus my "welcome to the party" response to your seemingly suddenly realization that everyone here is self identifying themselves and making the job easy to observe and categorize us.

Also that ATS is effectively a "deer feeder" (remember what deer feeders are for) catering to "our types" (on purpose or not) and we're "corralled" here in a relatively self contained echo chamber aside from the natural cross pollinization with other like minded communities. The emphasis is we're absurdly *easy* to monitor and watch... and that *most* here are easily identified as "talkative but harmless".

The few outliers who do begin to exhibit more genuinely threatening behavior or actually make actions elsewhere... this site and the content the person has placed on it is an effective tool to be used.

The point is most of us are self-identifying ourselves as relatively harmless participating here in the way most of us do.

You said it yourself that the problematic ones who *actually* go do something destructive tend to stick out even if their full capacity isn't immediately recognized by the community... and tend to not establish a reliable connection with the community.

Mike's post below emphasizes the point.
edit on 1-8-2013 by ErgoTheEgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Seeing as your account indicates you're a bit new here, perhaps you weren't aware of one of the more ...infamous... aspects for ATS trivia and lore. [color=gold] A couple of the better known killers across US headlines in recent times were members of the same site you're on.

If law enforcement and Government is NOT watching ATS in that same casual way any other use does? They are outright derelict in their duties and need cleared out of service for anything related to security or law.

It's not that members here are unstable, by any means. The site topics and nature do attract "that sort" like a magnet across the floor of a metal shop. They don't seem to last long..and the couple I know of were by no means super stars or major movers in the community here ...but it makes the idea of ATS being 'too harmless to watch' a very dangerous assumption for anyone to make like that, IMO.

The guy who shot Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords
was a member under the name Erad3.

Here is a thread about it.

ATS / A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

Member Missouri said it best.

He was definitely not someone who received much positive response. I believe this is what led him to last login on September 23, 2010. [color=gold] He found no support on our boards and even was told to seek help before he hurts someone. The member who told him that was spot-on.

edit on 1-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheEgo

I beg to differ.

We are not the deer.

We here on ATS are the cowboys.
The last cowboys on the entire internet now that
they have crisscrossed then world-wide-web with barbed wire (wire taps).

As cowboys
we know a rabid wolf when we see one, and know what to do about it.

Just as we know how to herd the cattle to clean water and good grazing.

Nobody is luring us here.
Many of us are here because we have skills
and we intend to use them, to affect the world, and to reclaim our rights!

Mike

edit on 1-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Ahhh.. My bad. I've only ever had one account. I wouldn't have guessed you have not one, but three of them on the same avatar and only slight deviation of name. Odd..but then, there must be quite a story for multiple. Another thread, I'm sure.

I suppose I did misread your posts then. After all, ATS didn't get it's neighbors by accident and that map is built by connection and prevalence of linkage. I'd never suggest and don't believe ATS Staff/Admin have anything to do with the topic here, but it's a public place and a majority of CIA intelligence, interestingly enough to learn, is open source from newspapers, magazines and .....websites. Like this one, for instance.

Heck, the point is hardly worth debating, let alone arguing another moment over. Whatever you figure, you're right and I'm off. The point and side topic here just isn't worth another moment of time on, to be honest about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Ahhh.. My bad.

Not at all... it's my quirk not yours.

I wouldn't have guessed you have not one, but three of them on the same avatar and only slight deviation of name. Odd..but then, there must be quite a story for multiple. Another thread, I'm sure.

Had... the other two are inactive and I don't have the ability to log back into them anymore due to scrambling the passwords. Just different stages of "life" around here for me, but yeah, different discussion... different place.

Heck, the point is hardly worth debating, let alone arguing another moment over.

/salute and understood.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

Originally posted by ErgoTheEgo

I beg to differ.

We are not the deer.

Ahh... yeah I could have written that more clearly. I was stating you were emphasizing this aspect:

You said it yourself that the problematic ones who *actually* go do something destructive tend to stick out even if their full capacity isn't immediately recognized by the community... and tend to not establish a reliable connection with the community.

Nothing regarding the rest of the post.

We here on ATS are the cowboys.
The last cowboys on the entire internet now that
they have crisscrossed then world-wide-web with barbed wire (wire taps).

The whole internet... here alone? Sounds like an effective corral to me!

As cowboys
we know a rabid wolf when we see one, and know what to do about it.

Just as we know how to herd the cattle to clean water and good grazing.

Nobody is luring us here.
Many of us are here because we have skills
and we intend to use them, to affect the world, and to reclaim our rights!

Perhaps!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well, after reading this story I made sure to google pressure cookers, backpacks, how to make ammonia nitrate bombs, and a list of symbolic us locations. Then made sure to leave the tabs up so PRISM knows just how long I spent "reading" each page.

I hope many others did the same thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Have you ever looked up how to make a pressure cooker bomb? My husband, ever the oppositional kind, asked them if they themselves weren’t curious as to how a pressure cooker bomb works, if they ever looked it up. Two of them admitted they did

I have really only because I wanted to know if the media was full of crap.

4 Realz.

LOL

Looks like Imma gonna get visit from the gestapo.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Going by what the article reads, I believe the cops were called by a spiteful/disgruntled/suspicious former coworker/employer. However, it was spun to seem like the family was visited by some kind of search term task force, so I understand the confusion.

So... I think your displeasure should be aimed towards the misuse and/or injustice of the "see something say something" policy - not the policy of policing searched terms. (if the later policy exists)

Maybe I misread it?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The guy searched for “pressure cooker bombs” while at work. His (now former) employer alerted the authorities. This story has nothing to do with Prism, Google, or general government control or surveillance. This is about misuse of company property, and rank stupidity.

Having said all that, I'm completely sickened that the Internet has been subverted into a tool of government and corporate surveillance. The level of data acquisition by the NSA, GCHQ, CSEC (etc.) has barely anything to do with catching terrorist. It's just about control.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well, the eeeebul terrorists are litterally everywhere: there is a bunch of them hiding behind the tree just over the street and another few behind the trashcans over there and...
Anyway, since they hate us in the west for our freedoms and our glorious politicians do everything in their power to appease them by stripping us of said freedoms, the terrorist threat should vanish soon, right? Right?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The article says one of them searched " pressure cooker bomb"

I was searching that during the aftermath of the bombings. I'm sure a lot have.

Seems they got reported to the police by the employers computer company or something.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Just wanted to post this to make sure everyone is aware. Be careful what you search for people. I don't know what to think anymore. Depression coupled with a fleeting sense of freedom. Maybe Huxley was right after all. Sweden is looking pretty nice this time of year. No?

So what do you think ATS?

MOTF!

www.theatlanticwire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I have come to the opinion and frame of mind to NOT be intimidated by these weasel B*st*rds.

I am an AMERICAN....I was born in AMERICA. If we let them intimidate us, bully us, then we have as much as given up and given our rights to them.... I will not give up!

I STAND ON MY RIGHTS -
To search whatever terms I choose to search.
To read the news sites I choose read.
To speak my mind both personal and political views.
To express non-violent disapproval towards and against current policies.

If they come and knock on my door... If they drag me away to places unknown - then so be it.
At least I have I stood true to my convictions as an AMERICAN and firmly planted my feet on the ground of Liberty.

ETA: Google this - Terrorism

ter·ror·ism
/ˈterəˌrizəm/

Noun
The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Synonyms
terror

edit on 1-8-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Start Googling "how to enslave and rape ETF at your door as a result of Googling". lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

No one should use google unless they absolutely need to as a final check to find something (which usually doesnt turn up anything new from my experience). I use ixquick / startpage, and Im not sure if they are corrupted or not as google is, but I think they are a safer bet, and honestly Ive never had trouble finding anything on them.

Like I said the times Ive used ixquick / startpage and have not been able to find something, trying it on google didnt reveal any extra data that ixquick didnt pick up.

www.ixquick.com...
edit on 8/1/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

Excellent point, CM. I was aware of ixquick, but never got around to using it and configuring my browsers to use it as the default. This news story and your post have convinced me to make the switch. But even then, one should also use a proxy server/vpn if one is googling things that one really doesn't want the government to know about.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thanks OP for this thread.

So many people jest like a pressure cooker isn't important.

I actually own and use one...weekly... which is almost worn out, which means I'll need to search for a new one, probably online.

But thankfully all my packs are new and in great condition and I have extras.

I never want to blow anything up with my pressure cooker, ever... it is WAAAAYYYYY too valuable as a cooking device, seriously the gov must be crazy to think I'd sacrifice my cooker.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think there was racial profiling involved:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Pic isn't of the actual event I believe. But you are more than likely right.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I just wanted to cook my veggies real quick on a camping trip, you know it just takes for ever to get those dandelion roots, tender in just a pot. But I'm looking for stainless steel.
And you know stainless still stains, it just stains less.
With the aluminum you could give your self aluminum poisoning if you cook acid food in the aluminum pot like tomato paste. Ever see what it does to tin foil. Turns it black, that is oxidized aluminum.
Am I being a bit anal here? Butt that is another thing never poop, in an aluminum pot while camping, you will never get the stain out.
I can't find any of those pressure cookers in the stores any more, they must work good, because anymore they are always out of them. I won't buy aluminum if they had them throw away all of you aluminum pots and pans, might give you MS.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit, everyone's data trail can be retroactively used against them - including in the event of an unexpected radical regime change where arbitrary political views (honestly hard to say which ones) are considered arrest-worthy.

For now, the cops show up for this (which is already ridiculous) in the future? I just hope people don't get arrested who aren't planning on committing a crime - wait - wow this is just bad.
edit on 1-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join