It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Pressure Cookers and Backpacks, Get a Visit from the Cops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

The only way to change things around here is to unite ALOT of people behind one cause. With America being a nation that 'prides itself on diversity', that doesn't look too promising.

MOTF!
edit on 1-8-2013 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm reminded of what Alan Moore said
about the "ham fisted" behavior of our
secret agencies in America.

Alan Moore:
"If you are on a list targeted
by the CIA

you really have nothing to worry about.

If however,
you have a name similar
to somebody on a list targeted
by the CIA then you are dead."

For those of you
unfamiliar with Alan Moore
here are the stories he's written
that have been made into movies.

Watchmen
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    V for Vendetta
    From Hell
    The Dark Knight Returns

So now we can add a new spin to his statement.

If you use a search engine to try and put together a terrorist plot
you have nothing to worry about.

Particularly if Russia has already warned about you.

But if you
accidentally
search for similar things,
and are an honest citizen
they will get you.

Mike

edit on 1-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I was shopping around on the Internet for pressure cookers yesterday. Perhaps my search moments before that for suggestions on the best methods for cooking vegetables and retaining most of their nutritional value cleared me of any suspicion. Then again, I can do a lot of damage with spinach.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
yet another way for us to drain their coffers. so if they are wasting time investigating people looking for cook wares ,after this story , i am sure there are a lot more searches for these and similar items . it kinda reminds me of the hanging chair incidents last year . once people started hanging chairs , the feds lost interest. on a side note , i am a regular searcher of the " D.H.S monitored phrase of the day" and have yet to have any paranoid delusionals knocking on my door.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Actually ive always been surprised that i havent experienced 'the knock' yet!

I don't search for pressure cookers or backpacks however i am an avid Microsoft Flight Simmer as well as being not a very big fan of the government.

This means that most of my searches usually involve two things:

1) Anti government/establishment terms.

2) Approach/departure (Star/Sid) charts for airports.

I would have been sure that a combination such as that would be enough to make me a blip on their radar.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC
Actually ive always been surprised that i havent experienced 'the knock' yet!

I don't search for pressure cookers or backpacks however i am an avid Microsoft Flight Simmer as well as being not a very big fan of the government.

This means that most of my searches usually involve two things:

1) Anti government/establishment terms.

2) Approach/departure (Star/Sid) charts for airports.

I would have been sure that a combination such as that would be enough to make me a blip on their radar.

No,
they would probably clear the way for you.

Cause if you do
do something stupid
that will justify their huge budgets.

Mike

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I just assume that any key pressed or link clicked on any computer does into a database. The more you use the computer the more they can put 2 and 2 together.

MOTF!

That's something I have suspicion of too, especially web browsers. Why does a web browser need to connect to the root widget of your display (ie. then being able to intercept all key strokes and mouse movement even outside the window), and then always *have* to connect to Google (1e100.net) . There were security problems in the past where web browsers would forward the contents of your cut-and-paste buffer to whatever website requested it. Not forgetting plugins which offer "additional search capabilities".

Then there's the Linux Ubuntu "lens" which attempted to convert the desktop into a search engine. You wouldn't just click on an icon, you'd search for the name, and up would pop adverts for CD's, DVD's, magazines, books and software. So even if you were searching for your favourite game, Canonical would know... Of all the **** nerve!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

One hundred times a week, groups of six armed men drive to houses in three black SUVs, conducting consented-if-casual searches of the property perhaps in part because of things people looked up online.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen..............................

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
For those who may assume this family was up to more than just searching pressure cookers and backpacks based on the fact that we don't hear about more of these types of stories, I'd ask you to consider the highly likely possibility that this is nothing more than a PsyOp. Visiting everyone who makes a "threatening" search isn't the point, nor does it need to be done. All that needs to be done is to visit one innocent family and spread the news about it. The rest will take care of itself.

There are no doubt many people who read this story who are now afraid and will be careful about what they search the next time they're on the Internet. That's the point. That's all they want. They're not ready to round people up yet, nor do they have the manpower or the resources to do so. They simply want the fear, and these random, isolated incidents create that. Their plan was executed successfully.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Just wanted to post this to make sure everyone is aware. Be careful what you search for people. I don't know what to think anymore. Depression coupled with a fleeting sense of freedom. Maybe Huxley was right after all. Sweden is looking pretty nice this time of year. No?

So what do you think ATS?

MOTF!

www.theatlanticwire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

NO! I will not be careful what I search for! I will keep doing what I am doing! I will stand up for myself and for you if need be. I like pressure cookers and backpacking...they are both the bomb! See what I did there?

I am tired of this nonsense. I will not be frightened into submission by you, yeah...you are completing the circle. Tell me to be careful RIDICULOUS! Might as well tell me to keep in EYE out on my neighbors and report any suspicious behavior!

Take a stand and promote freedom do not promote the fear agenda!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Who else looked up backpacks and pressure cookers on google after reading this? because I sure did for giggles.
It's foolish to what ends government folks will go to to get others in trouble.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The very fact we are on this site will get you on a list somewhere even IF was just by ATS and that list doesn't find it's way to the alphabet agencies??

But then I think we all know they get it directly and everybody who posts on any non msm site will be listed according to their area of interest.

It's when they start linking those interests that SHTF and as none of us has any power we are irrelevant and harmless.

However if you do stumble across something you shouldn't have then they already have enough data on you to trump up whatever they like.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
SIGH, the leadership in the FED, are complete idiots.. This family really looks like terrorists, not to mention this zero tolerance policy to citizens when its coming to Google searches makes them look like idiots, they are fear mongering and really just wasting our tax dollars..

Its very odd to see how quickly our freedoms are being wiped away from us, and people are just standing their just watching..

I guess when the fed start issuing out the shock collars we might get some people to cry about it.

amazing..

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I say instead we have NATIONAL Pressure cooker search day!

We all search as many times as we can for pressure cookers!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Right. I bring something to your attention and I'm the bad guy. Noted.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Right. I bring something to your attention and I'm the bad guy. Noted.

MOTF!

No, telling me to be careful what I search for is pandering fear for the fed. You do not instruct me what I can and cannot search for and neither will the government! Sorry to be blunt and direct, I have no hostility toward you at all, I just do not like being told what to do.

Thank you for the information, but I will do with it how I see fit.

Notice also that the photograph was from the BOSTON BOMBING and had nothing to do with this story.
edit on 1-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Let's take a step down from our high horse and realize that, while you may be pitching and I may be playing outfield, we both bat for the same team.

MOTF!

After seeing your edit: I'm not you mother or father. I hate to be direct and blunt, but get over yourself.
edit on 1-8-2013 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Let's take a step down from our high horse and realize that, while you may be pitching and I may be playing outfield, we both bat for the same team.

MOTF!

Bringing me news about eroding liberties and then stating

Just wanted to post this to make sure everyone is aware. Be careful what you search for people.

Whether you are aware of it or not is pandering and spreading the fear. Instead, say...

WHO GIVES A RIP what I search for!

Let's rally a NATIONAL search for Pressure Cooker day! Telling people to be careful what they search for implies what we search for is guilt by behavior and is about like saying keep on eye on your neighbor. I am not trying to be rude or mean I am just pointing this out.

As I will not be coward to strip searches because I would more likely get struck by lightening then die in a terrorist attack. Nor will I tell anyone to be afraid of them or the Government.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is all strange..because in fact many people may actually be searching those two things close together...with school starting (search for backpacks) and everything in the garden being harvested (pressure cooker canning) then how can they go out and investigate every single one of these searches..I mean if the whole house used one computer and mom searches (pressure cookers) and teenage son looks for that backpack that his friend has..then what are they doing wrong..NOTHING..this is all ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

When you are done saving the entire planet by yourself please report back and let everyone know how it went.

MOTF!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join