It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Pressure Cookers and Backpacks, Get a Visit from the Cops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If your signed into your google account then yes they can keep tracks on you but make sure your signed out first before using google engine and also youtube

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I telling you man, they have a file labeled [Wrabbit2000 aka ??????? aka ???????] The more you click or search the more links they put together, until they know you and what you are about. Then one day... knock knock....

If I wanted complete control and the ability to silence anyone, that's damned sure what I would do.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Doubtful. "Oh look, Sk8ergrl signed out to make her frowned upon search, good thing we've logged every IP address she's ever used."

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Am I the only one who immediately googled "Pressure Cooker + Backpack" and "Pressure Cooker Bomb", after reading this topic? :p

link   

To my knowledge it isn't illegal to read books about survival and how to protect yourself

link   
I have to think there was something more than just 2 google searches that prompted the visit.

In the months after the Boston bombings there was atleast one thread on ATS were members where trying to identify the backpacks & pressure cookers (to check sizing & such). I wouldn't be surprised if more than one member here searched the same. And with the conspiracy talk around the web, I'm sure many more people did too.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

To my knowledge it isn't legal to log everyone's digital data and then knock at their door when you don't agree with something.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Either way it goes its effing wrong and scary as hell.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Well it just goes to show that they have far too much power and something needs to be done. Oh and we never had free will and free speech its all an illusion

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I miss America.

I want my country back.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If this is happening in America, we are next us Brits unless it happened here first hmmm we started the cctv spying so who knows

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The only way to change things around here is to unite ALOT of people behind one cause. With America being a nation the 'prides itself on diversity', that doesn't look too promising.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

But. . .

"It's keeping us safe".

"It's for the children."

"You're either with us or against us".

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
You guys do realize that at this rate, we're about 5-10 years away from getting pulled out of our houses just for posting opinions on ATS.

Good ol' days are gone, and I ain't goin in no gov controlled reeducation camp©.

Actually we are a lot closer than this. And this is my honest opinion not just rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I guess the lines are being drawn then. Now, do I leave with my family or doom them to see what America has in store for the next generation? That's a tough one.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by OneisOne

Either way it goes its effing wrong and scary as hell.

MOTF!

I very much agree. My point was there has to be more to it than those 2 searches, because if that was the only criteria then we would have heard from more people about visits.

I have said for a while now that anything transmitted electronically could be captured, stored and analyzed. Now we know for sure that is happening.

I find it disgusting, but not at all surprising.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You know...

Back in the day my son and I were into home made model rockets and we would visit the local model shops for rocket motors. My Ex wife was always traveling [Work Related] at the time I wonder how our two Google searches back in the day would have been perceived...

If we both were Googling Rocket motors and DC street maps simultaneously

edit on 1-8-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So take it back. They wont ever give it back willingly. I am afraid that the U.S is in a situation right now, where a mass rebellion against the corrupt and greedy is needed.

You and the rest of the U.S citizens will have to take your country back by force. And by god, I hope you do it, before they completely destroy the rest of the world aswell.

Pretty please U.S folk? Take it back.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Just as with any security system, certain occurrences will raise red flags, especially if they form a potentially hazardous pattern. That's how ALL security systems work. And you'd best believe that they're going to be watching the internet. Quite frankly, they'd be stupid not to. The internet is the single most dangerous tool the U.S. has at its disposal. Wanna disarm the public without letting them know what you're doing? Use the internet. Viral videos and campaigns staged under an alias. There's a dozen different methods by which our favorite toy since the football could be used to bring us to our knees before we realize it.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

A recent popular science article described how a staffer was experimenting with an advanced toy helicopter with four rotors. Out of curiosity, he tested its potential as a weapon and ended up nearly destroying the toy after attaching a couple of fireworks and setting them off as a form of propellant. Needless to say, it didn't work very well...but that's not to say it couldn't have.

Nowadays, almost anything can be used as a terrorist weapon if enough imagination is involved.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join