It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Simple Experiments that cause today's Scientists to curl up into the Fetal Positiion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust

The first experiment starts off...

...and dooms the remainder of your post as tosh, bollocks and manure.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

That's probably the worst reply I've ever seen, in terms of having nothing to backup with.

My point, proven. AGAIN.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

C of D,

are you getting off on this?

CJ

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Exp 1: no comment. Effectively, the tether effect.

Exp 2: a photon and an electron are, in essence, the same thing. A different expression of the same energy: EM energy.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Interesting comment on number two there. That's what I think too.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I like making atheistic modern science eat some humble pie, yes.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

That "pin" would not move faster then light.. due to time dilation and the pin would curve like a spiral.
Its the same theory about yanking a Morse code with a light year long tube in space.. the motion would not even travel at the speed of light.. I read this in a scientific magazine.. I will see if I can dig up more.

This is what I immediately thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

reply to post by ColoradoJens

I like making atheistic modern science eat some humble pie, yes.

Lol, you haven't even made science get the plate out, never mind put the pie on it. You need to understand a subject before you can debunk it and you clearly don't. There is nothing wrong with not understanding science, there are lots of subjects I don't understand and I don't let it worry me, I also don't try and debunk them. If I did I would look like a fool.

Science isn't atheistic, how do you come to that conclusion? Science isn't some sort of conspiracy to show people that believe in the supernatural how stupid they are.

Judging by your posts I think you have some mental issues you need to get sorted, your desire for attention and delusions of grandeur remind me of my youngest child. I'm not being derogatory, a large percentage of people suffer from some mental issues in their lifetime and it is just an illness like any other.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

reply to post by OblivionGate

That's the assumption I don't make. Magnetic impulses travel instantly.

Show me one experiment confirming this. I would show you experiments proving you are wrong, but I have done that in the past and you ignored them. Show me one proving you are right. If you can.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
OP...

More to the point. What are you going to do with your massive brain and cool theories. ?

Yea. Just as I thought. Nothing useful.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Extremely simple to explain how your 'thought experiments' are fundamentally flawed, this has already been done. When macroscopic reality and material science doesn't allow you to even perform an experiment you cannot claim any science is broken by it. Further to this, even IF the experiment is possible, what you are talking about is superluminal motion. Approaching the speed of light would cause the system to curve and you would end up with an object that is curved into a spiral.

Now on the magnetic field thing. You are 100% incorrect on the first assumption.

Information in magnetic fields is not transported instantaneously, nor is gravitational attraction thought to be instantaneous. Magnetic fields propagate at the speed of light, this instantly kills every assumption regarding the second experiment.

Superluminal motion is possible, but it is all about frames of reference and a specific geometry. It is caused by a moving object travelling at relativistic velocity toward the observer but not exactly at the observer. What happens is that light emitted is emitted slightly closer to the observer as the object moves. While you do not see a "Oh look the object is in two places at the same time" You do get an effect of observing a object moving, where it appears to break the speed of light if you apply classical geometry to the object and say "well it appears it has moved 10 light years in 9 years" When the reality is that it did only move say 8-9 light years.

Anyway that is besides the point.

I always find it funny when people claim to be smarter than their teachers though for the most part do not appear to have pursued any formal education on the subject... stereotypically siting some kind of "oh they wouldn't let me in or apply because they said i was stupid, but i know better than them all!" Sir, I come and go from ATS from time to time, and , iv seen it many times over.

I come and go from ATS because, Im a researcher in particle physics who did an undergraduate in Physics and Astronomy, and I can only spend a small amount of my time trying to talk a little bit of logic and sense into people before i have to just give in and take a break. There are many interesting topics here on ATS' SnT forum, and some very interesting people with interesting ideas. The issue is, 95% of them are flawed beyond belief and are contested and argued by many who know less than 1% of a subject.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join