It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia State student forms White Student Union

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by Teeky
White people are like the borg... You guys are acting like you aren't represented in society. Why are white complaining? I don't get it. We all know this country was built on racism...

No idea of what you are trying to say here.....

Yes you do... I think it's great white people are proud of their heritage, but you guys are well represented in society. White people are in a lot of high power positions. You are ceo's, you are in Congress, you are governors, you are lawyers, doctor's, famous actors, and scientist. So no I don't get why whites are complaining about racism like you don't have opportunity. why are you complaining when your fore fathers are printed on the money

LOL...
. I fail to see the "well representation". Black folks are just as well represented since there are many black doctors, famous actors, politician (our own president?) there are more black sports stars than there are white ones. There are black scientists, lawyers, black police officers black mechanics. The problem is with the "Al Sharptons" the Jessie Jacksons" and other race baiters who make their fortunes trying to further divide the cultures and cry racism like the little boy who cried wolf. Once people like that are gone then maybe everyone will wake up walk out of their front doors in their pajamas, coffee in hand and shake their neighbors hand and go golfing. There will always be ignorant SOB's who are prejudiced against the color of another persons skin, there always has been and it runs in every race. We need to stop listening to the media and just be nice to one another and forget about who has it better because it will all be the same. It is right now but people are just to blind to see it through the screen our media and government puts up between us. The one thing that our government absolutely does not want is a country united... it would be bad news for them if people of all races saw through their shams and actually stood up to them and took them out of office by force.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

These white victimhood in 'Murika threads are so rich. I'm not going to bother to attempt to explain to the people here who buy into this crap why they are deluded and ignorant, or that when the predominant ethnic group is no longer over 50% of the population that it doesn't make it a minority.

But back to the original story, some Georgia State student wants to form a White Student Union so that students of European and European-American descent can celebrate their shared history and culture. Well isn't that special, if not downright precious. What culture and history are generally celebrated most of the time in this country? Oh yeah, Euro-American. If Bubba wants to start his White Pride Club, I say let him, but his rationale for it is ridiculous.

Does Bubba feel like he is a minority and feels out of place on the Georgia State campus? I sincerely doubt. What precisely are these poor, downtrodden, ostracized and discriminated against white students gonna do for activities that aren't already done all the time? Wave the Stars and Bars and make hoods out of white pillow cases? Burn some crosses on the lawns of a certain ethnic group? Perhaps some mock lynching parties?

Maybe they will have field trips to the mall to celebrate white consumer culture. In any case, I do hope they allow minority students to join too, so that the minority students can also learn about Euro-American culture because how would they ever learn about it otherwise, mercy me?

Most white folk have no idea what it is to be a minority, and most of the posts in this thread make this abundantly clear.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

No...lol. and its funny how you like to pull straw man arguments when you can't refute my points.

And for the record, a person does not hate their self when they are not afraid to admit that they are responsible for their own issues. It's actually the opposite; they love themselves for being able to see their own fault and correct the problems without blaming others.

And its thinking like yours that keep most blacks where they are now- in self denial and victimhood. You ARE part of the problem.

Not sure where you learned your skewed history (then again liberals are known to skew history), but NO. Africa tribal chiefs did not kick and scream when European settlers came to conduct BUSINESS with them. In fact, its not even that the Europeans initiated the suggestion of black slaves; the Africans did. The Europeans came to trade and the Africans SUGGESTED human slavery as collateral.

The kicking and screaming occurred when the slaves were being sold by their African chiefs.

The truth is the truth, and you hate the fact that I, a black woman, do not follow the 'black script' and do not wallow in victimhood.

edit on 3-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

These white victimhood in 'Murika threads are so rich. I'm not going to bother to attempt to explain to the people here who buy into this crap why they are deluded and ignorant, or that when the predominant ethnic group is no longer over 50% of the population that it doesn't make it a minority.

But back to the original story, some Georgia State student wants to form a White Student Union so that students of European and European-American descent can celebrate their shared history and culture. Well isn't that special, if not downright precious. What culture and history are generally celebrated most of the time in this country? Oh yeah, Euro-American. If Bubba wants to start his White Pride Club, I say let him, but his rationale for it is ridiculous.

Does Bubba feel like he is a minority and feels out of place on the Georgia State campus? I sincerely doubt. What precisely are these poor, downtrodden, ostracized and discriminated against white students gonna do for activities that aren't already done all the time? Wave the Stars and Bars and make hoods out of white pillow cases? Burn some crosses on the lawns of a certain ethnic group? Perhaps some mock lynching parties?

Maybe they will have field trips to the mall to celebrate white consumer culture. In any case, I do hope they allow minority students to join too, so that the minority students can also learn about Euro-American culture because how would they ever learn about it otherwise, mercy me?

Most white folk have no idea what it is to be a minority, and most of the posts in this thread make this abundantly clear.

that is an awful lot of justification for black anger. i was expecting more debate against a white club. +0 points

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

with all due respect there, bisman....I don't think this site is has a preponderance of black people on it. call it a hunch

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

No...lol. and its funny how you like to pull straw man arguments when you can't refute my points.

And for the record, a person does not hate their self when they are not afraid to admit that they are responsible for their own issues. It's actually the opposite; they love themselves for being able to see their own fault and correct the problems without blaming others.

And its thinking like yours that keep most blacks where they are now- in self denial and victimhood. You ARE part of the problem.

Not sure where you learned your skewed history (then again liberals are known to skew history), but NO. Africa tribal chiefs did not kick and scream when European settlers came to conduct BUSINESS with them. In fact, its not even that the Europeans initiated the suggestion of black slaves; the Africans did. The Europeans came to trade and the Africans SUGGESTED human slavery as collateral.

The kicking and screaming occurred when the slaves were being sold by their African chiefs.

The truth is the truth, and you hate the fact that I, a black woman, do not follow the 'black script' and do not wallow in victimhood.

I'm sorry but your "I, a black woman" act is getting really old. Maybe you can be an Asian woman next?

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

oftentimes suggesting the "hypocrisy" is enough, other times people must be shown what it actually looks like.

i and numerous others have pointed out this hypocrisy many times, yet it remains.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

a most sobering truth that most responding to the op fail to understand, or rather, just don't want to understand. why don't we have a special day for whites? cause everyday is a special day for whites. just like being born white does automatically give you a leg up on practically every aspect of life. just because it seems really difficult right now, doesn't change the last 150 yrs of history. if a white person was born black or hispanic, no amount of government handout or preferential treatment would even come close to making it a level playing field for the amount of racism, prejudice, and bias shown to non-whites. for every white person who complains about the last 10 yrs of your life, consider yourself so unbelievably lucky and fortunate.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

i live in the south, and i have seen FAR more racism from blacks at others than from whites.

rap culture doesn't help, wanting to be a thug doesn't help. there are no inherent tributes that white skin gives anyone.

our society is in a cultural decline, but in my experience some cultures are facing a much more drastic and dangerous decline based on their own choices.

i once saw a young black girl (perhaps 10-12) crossing the street at a school crossing zone by herself. guess how long she took? about 5 minutes to cross 25 feet. the mentality behind that probably came from her parents "i can make all these white people wait up on me". i could see the smirk on her face.

do i hate her for that? no, i pity her. she has been taught racism her whole life. a very combative attitude towards people simply because of their skin color.

you may say "what's the big deal?" it isn't in her actions (and i have seen the same mentality reflected in many blacks), but the mentality that creates it. trying to get back at people with a certain skin color when those people have done nothing against her will hold her back, and then be used as a further source for hating whitey.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
i wonder being half black half white so to speak .. would i be allowed/disallowed in these certain black/white only clubs or be discriminated against because i have both :O . ..

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by instigatah
Where's the Native American Union club? oh thats right...there arent any native americans left in society....theyre all on reservations.

Until the people who cry foul about black, latino, or asian peoples rights stand up for the Native American....until President Obama, Mr. I'm going to be a uniter....says something about the forgotten Native Americans....I say every last one of these people is rediculous, intellectually dishonest, and not worth paying attention to....

thats it.

(this comes from someone who actually spent 3 weeks living on an Indian Reservation in Arizona...so im not completely ignorant on the issue)

I'm pretty sure we have native american clubs at phoenix college.

I think it's a great idea. it's about time white people start standing up for themselves and not live in fear of being branded as a "racist".

I'm hispanic (spanish descent) and I'm even tired of all the double standards! if you're not white, you can be proud of your race!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curiousmama

Maybe I am misunderstanding your comment, but there are still slaves in Africa today. Many African countries steal children for war and rape others (sex slavery) . If forcing boys to hold weapons and kill other children isn't some form of slavery or torture, than I do not know what is. Africa is still home to slave child soldiers, human trafficking, forced labor, and sex slaves in many of the countries who are in the midst of civil war.

Why is it just slavery in the Americas 100 years ago that gets the attention? This type of thing is still going on in many other countries today.

If you carefully read and processed the rest of my post you are responding to, you would see that i acknowledge this. You are 100% correct in your response, but read what i said again.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

I think it's a great idea. it's about time white people start standing up for themselves and not live in fear of being branded as a "racist".

i'm starting to wonder whether a truly multicultural club would be best. sure, there are diversity clubs, but people aren't treated as equal.

perhaps a more apt response would be a club that celebrates all human cultures. have a traditional asian event, an african american event, a white event, an american indian event, etc.

it might be hard to pull off, but it would be better than side to side bickering.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

That would actually make a lot more sense. It's just dividing everyone even more by having these "exclusive" clubs

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Buttercookie, do not get me started on the "strawman's" you claim i pull, we went at it in another thread, and you do the same crap here. You like to label me as a "liberal"? Both parties suck. I ascribe to no political faction or ideology. From what i have so far observed, it does not matter; libs, cons, repubs, demos, they are all on the same side behind the curtains. Whoever is in power, its the same flavored crap we are all dealt. Iv'e already told you this in the other thread, but here you are. You can stay with your conservative, republican centered clubhouse mindset there, lady. I'll stick with none of 'em.

I am not denying that chiefs and leaders traded the losers for a bunch of stuff they have never seen before. Unfortunately, it was done by all armed civilizations worldwide. This was the initial relationship between Europeans and African's. Once the coastal tribes led the Europeans deeper into the continent, they saw how easy it is to TAKE what they wanted due to to there inferior weaponry, instead of trade for it. And they did. The chiefs traded losers for resources and supplies to another, just like the rest of the world, so they offered the losers to these pale dudes for their weird, shiny stuff.

And you still think a government should not interfere when an establishment refuses service to a certain race, just because they don't like them? And when it happens on a national scale?

Okay, i take back the comment of your self hate, sorry. But discourse with you connotes low opinions of blacks, who you claim to be, on a sub-logical level. You probably are cool with yourself, but your responses, or omissions, like you not responding to why you feel that blacks in Africa will still conduct slavery on an official, government sanctioned basis, unlike the rest of the world, who stopped it legally, despite it's underground perseverance? Your comment sounded like you said that without Europeans arrival and invasion, slavery will still be legal and government sanctioned today in Africa. Is that what you are saying? No strawman pulled here.

And no, i am not part of the problem. All i, and plenty of other people, want to show, is the very SOURCE of black problems today, which is the same source that has other country's and other ethnicity's in the same problem today. Unfortunately, some people prefer to stick to a Darwinist theory that the whole black race is genetically and psychologically, and physiologically evolved for barbarism. From discourse with you, Buttercookie, ms Black woman, you believe this. You continually avoid any underlying reason for this posted by me or anyone else, and cut straight to the behavior. You yourself admitted in another post that you do not CARE if blacks were conspired against throughout history in America, but this very possibility can be the reason why we are they way we are in this country. Just because i consider this, in no way means i am playing the victim card.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lawgiver
reply to post by MrInquisitive

a most sobering truth that most responding to the op fail to understand, or rather, just don't want to understand. why don't we have a special day for whites? cause everyday is a special day for whites. just like being born white does automatically give you a leg up on practically every aspect of life. just because it seems really difficult right now, doesn't change the last 150 yrs of history. if a white person was born black or hispanic, no amount of government handout or preferential treatment would even come close to making it a level playing field for the amount of racism, prejudice, and bias shown to non-whites. for every white person who complains about the last 10 yrs of your life, consider yourself so unbelievably lucky and fortunate.

Oh I do, I really do! Every morning when I wake up I run to the mirror and giddily shriek "hot damn, I'm white!!!"
It's so gee golly swell.
You have no idea. Really you don't.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Why not? You obviously seem to know a lot about the subject. Please explain how a 50/50 distribution of skin colors in a college doesn't make them both minorities?

I'm curious to your answer to the following question.

What precisely are these poor, downtrodden, ostracized and discriminated against black students gonna do for activities that aren't already done all the time? Have a watermellon eating contests at KFC while listening to rap and having a dance-off?

(Mods: Please excuse the above comments, they were made as a means to show the poster how racist his statement was)

Wow, I guess that all the AMERICANS living in AMERICA with skin colors other then white don't participate in consumer culture? Please, you're just being dense at this point.

Does this mean that white people can go into the ghetto now, in a 3-peice business suit, where anti-white racism is rampant, and be safe/not bothered/not attacked/insulted/discriminated against?

Oh poor white me, who has no idea what it's like to be discriminated against -- except for the time i worked in the ghetto of St.Paul for a year and saw the blatant racism against whites.

Racism happens on BOTH ENDS of the spectrum.
edit on 3-8-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigman88
reply to post by Evil_Santa

This is another thing, i forgot to mention. An Irish club or Lithuanian club would be valid also, these are nationality's that got historically and presently were shat on just as much as us blacks, Latinos's, and Native American's.

You mention another problem, too. We have zealous, ignorant people forming these groups when they do not need to be formed, and antagonizing whites who are probably friendly, or even on their side. They do not utilize reason and discretion, it's ALL whites are evil, and that destroys credibility for black or Latino groups that have an actual, legitimate reason to form and be active. So now we have this kid forming this whiter group, and other posters here, who are probably using these ignorant, unnecessarily heated black groups as a reason to form this white club.

Shame...

Personally, the slavery of my ancestors don't affect me in any way, except that today instead of an Irish accent, I have a midwest accent. Why, should my time/energy/life be wasted being angry at something that happened 250 years ago? That's stupid.

Likewise being angry at something that happened 60 years ago, is stupid.

But these ignorant, unnecessary black groups are a key driving force in black culture. They're designed to keep Americans segregated into groups. Period.

I think that this boy has done something somewhat idealistic and is bringing light unto a pretty big issue within american culture and the double-standard that exists.

One of my biggests beefs with the black culture is their free pass to use racial slurs. Oh it's ok for them to say the N word, because they're self-describing... whatever.

I'd bet 90% of blacks that use the term cracker to describe white people have no idea where that slang comes from. It comes from plantations and the white man cracking a whip. It's pretty offensive to be called a slave owner/driver to me, yet this type of behavior has become the social norm within the black community, and while at the same time they're crying racism towards whites?

Get ####ed.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

Originally posted by bigman88
reply to post by Evil_Santa

This is another thing, i forgot to mention. An Irish club or Lithuanian club would be valid also, these are nationality's that got historically and presently were shat on just as much as us blacks, Latinos's, and Native American's.

You mention another problem, too. We have zealous, ignorant people forming these groups when they do not need to be formed, and antagonizing whites who are probably friendly, or even on their side. They do not utilize reason and discretion, it's ALL whites are evil, and that destroys credibility for black or Latino groups that have an actual, legitimate reason to form and be active. So now we have this kid forming this whiter group, and other posters here, who are probably using these ignorant, unnecessarily heated black groups as a reason to form this white club.

Shame...

Personally, the slavery of my ancestors don't affect me in any way, except that today instead of an Irish accent, I have a midwest accent. Why, should my time/energy/life be wasted being angry at something that happened 250 years ago? That's stupid.

Likewise being angry at something that happened 60 years ago, is stupid.

But these ignorant, unnecessary black groups are a key driving force in black culture. They're designed to keep Americans segregated into groups. Period.

I think that this boy has done something somewhat idealistic and is bringing light unto a pretty big issue within american culture and the double-standard that exists.

One of my biggests beefs with the black culture is their free pass to use racial slurs. Oh it's ok for them to say the N word, because they're self-describing... whatever.

I'd bet 90% of blacks that use the term cracker to describe white people have no idea where that slang comes from. It comes from plantations and the white man cracking a whip. It's pretty offensive to be called a slave owner/driver to me, yet this type of behavior has become the social norm within the black community, and while at the same time they're crying racism towards whites?

Get ####ed.

Originally, these clubs were designed to unify within an environment where both the government and some of white society were hostile and oppressive. The fact is in your ancestors country, this is still happening as we speak. Although forming an Irish American club will not elicit much, it is not necessarily "anger" that is the main driving force for some of these groups, while anger is the main driving force for others. The thing is, we have to distinguish between the clubs that are formed for legitimate reasons, and the ones that are formed out of ignorance and over-zealousness, and anger.

The problem on this forum is, no one wishes to distinguish between the two; they say they are all idiotic no matter the immediate environment (obviously racist, exclusionist school/neighborhood), reason (bring awareness and action to racist policies and staff, promote unity and presence among racist policy and staff), and criteria for joining (anybody can join, no matter of race). So they get behind this lad and his white club, seeing it as a way to preserve their endangered white society and ideals against a tide of institutionalized racism and hardship...

Once again, shame...

And despite me recently dropping the n-word permanently from me growing up talking like everyone around me talked, what is the offense that white people can't say the n-word, too? The n word should not be said by anybody, period, but its common slang in black inner-city hoods. And the problem is that popular culture has ascribed this whole language with black people in general. Some of us in the past has absorbed this, and now we have black people are not form the hood saying the n-word to each other. And sorry to state this slight caveat.. but the word said between 2 blacks is ni**a for various reasons. Idiot, racist whites get offended when they are chastised for calling blacks, even the blacks who also think the word is disgusting period, ni**er. They call a black person who thinks both versions of the word disgusting, and they say "but you people say it to one another!"

Smart...
edit on 3-8-2013 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

While I agree that he has a right to start any group he wants. I would like to point out that the reason why there are Black clubs and Hispanic clubs was due to the need of them in the past. These groups started because at one point and time there were relatively small numbers of blacks and hispanics on college campuses across the nation. These groups allowed for people of the same race to meet and to help each other through college life and the racism that was thrown at them. In reality these groups were never needed for the white race due to their large numbers and their ability to unite just by going anywhere because of sheer numbers.

I would also like to point out that most if not all of these clubs allow non-blacks and hispanics to join their clubs.

For example did you know that LULAC has several councils that have whites, blacks and asians. District 12 in Austin, Texas has 2 councils that are all black and we even have a white council. Moreover, did you know that LULAC's Executive Director is White! His name is Brent, if you don't believe me feel free to check out the LULAC national website.

It isn't right to assume that it's due to racism that these groups are created for they were and are established because of a need. It was because of the racism, hatred, and lack of support that the whites had for these people. The lack of equal education, equal rights, and a fair shake is the reason why these groups were established.

If the whites honestly aren't getting their fair shake then I agree they should make advocacy groups. However, since whites are still the majority, have equal rights, equal education and are actually further advanced in our society even these days I don't see why there is so much hatred for other races.

Also, believe it or not the other races are still playing catch up on education, living standards, and rights to whites in today's America. Just cause a few are in positions of power or positions of authority doesn't mean that the people are on any level playing field. Just look at the majority of high level positions such as CEO, CFO, CMO, Senator, House Member, Fed Board, Bank Board, Stock Exchange, Etc... The power in America has been white and will be white for a very long time. Also, the heads of most education systems in the USA are white.

Sorry but facts are facts and spreading fear for the sake of a personal fear isn't correct. Learn to research before you assume that people are racist because they have advocacy groups. We didn't start the groups you did and the first racist group that we experienced was a white racist organization. Our groups don't lynch, don't slander, and don't hide. Our groups stand up to the racist and fight for respect and equality. The same thing our founding fathers fought for against England... Equality!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join