It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia State student forms White Student Union

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fakshon
reply to post by Vasa Croe

While I agree that he has a right to start any group he wants. I would like to point out that the reason why there are Black clubs and Hispanic clubs was due to the need of them in the past. These groups started because at one point and time there were relatively small numbers of blacks and hispanics on college campuses across the nation. These groups allowed for people of the same race to meet and to help each other through college life and the racism that was thrown at them. In reality these groups were never needed for the white race due to their large numbers and their ability to unite just by going anywhere because of sheer numbers.

I would also like to point out that most if not all of these clubs allow non-blacks and hispanics to join their clubs.

For example did you know that LULAC has several councils that have whites, blacks and asians. District 12 in Austin, Texas has 2 councils that are all black and we even have a white council. Moreover, did you know that LULAC's Executive Director is White! His name is Brent, if you don't believe me feel free to check out the LULAC national website.

It isn't right to assume that it's due to racism that these groups are created for they were and are established because of a need. It was because of the racism, hatred, and lack of support that the whites had for these people. The lack of equal education, equal rights, and a fair shake is the reason why these groups were established.

If the whites honestly aren't getting their fair shake then I agree they should make advocacy groups. However, since whites are still the majority, have equal rights, equal education and are actually further advanced in our society even these days I don't see why there is so much hatred for other races.

Also, believe it or not the other races are still playing catch up on education, living standards, and rights to whites in today's America. Just cause a few are in positions of power or positions of authority doesn't mean that the people are on any level playing field. Just look at the majority of high level positions such as CEO, CFO, CMO, Senator, House Member, Fed Board, Bank Board, Stock Exchange, Etc... The power in America has been white and will be white for a very long time. Also, the heads of most education systems in the USA are white.

Sorry but facts are facts and spreading fear for the sake of a personal fear isn't correct. Learn to research before you assume that people are racist because they have advocacy groups. We didn't start the groups you did and the first racist group that we experienced was a white racist organization. Our groups don't lynch, don't slander, and don't hide. Our groups stand up to the racist and fight for respect and equality. The same thing our founding fathers fought for against England... Equality!

Thank you^

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just as in other cases this group was formed to combat racism. Whites are becoming the minority.

If you don't like it don't join.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

you my friend don't even get the title of troll. your just an obvious anti white loser who doesn't understand the point of this movement.Or maybe your just agitated because this kid might actually get somewhere with this.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Are you a woman?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Please isolate yourselves while the rest of the minorities co-mingle, intermarry and develop new relationships. This will help quite a bit in the coming years.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Bigman 88, please please consider this:

The reason that modern day blacks CANNOT use slavery as an excuse for their woes today is this:

We are TOO FAR DISPLACED from slavery.

Think about it; why can we not see sagging pants, whore outfits, low education, broken families (baby momma, baby daddies) in and out of jail, and the garbage music that promotes all of these things in the generations immediately after slavery was abolished?

In fact, you see the exact opposite.

So Bigman 88, please realize that once black people can quit allowing the liberal ideology of slavery being their excuse for social and economic misery, the quicker we will be on the road to a healthier black society all together, in turn, able to connect with the rest of the world for a much healthier global society.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It's ok to support legislation against other groups based on racial lines, such as Hispanic Unity Groups and Black Unity Groups or Indian Unity Groups, but if you start a White Unity Group, that's simply an example of resorting to bad practices to fight bad practices. We need universal love and intermingling, and a pro-individualist stand, rather than resorting to herdism!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

How do you know that Africa would be some sort of utopian paradise without british involvement? You saying that it would be better is nothing but pure speculation.

Have you taken a good look at what all is going on over there?

And also, there is no different "versions" of the n-word. Just because black folks put an a on the end of it does'nt change the meaning of the word.

Apparently its only offensive if you're white and say it. Black folks CHOOSE to be offended when a white person says it but not when a black person says it. So its obviously not the word itself that is offensive.

The whole Paula Deen fiasco proves it. Walmart and Target pulled everything off their shelves that had her name on it. She was totally lynched (ironic?) All because of a racial slur that she said 30 years ago. If its such an offensive word, then why haven't they also pulled every rap and hip hop cd off their shelves that repeat that very same word on almost every song and album.

And you're right, black people sold themselves into slavery. If it was'nt for the british, then it would have been to someone else. Even the first SLAVEOWNER in the Americas was a black man. And the civil war was never started to end slavery.

topconservativenews.com...

Yet all of these facts are conveniently ignored by folks that would rather be victimized and point the finger at someone else for their problems.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lawgiver
reply to post by MrInquisitive

a most sobering truth that most responding to the op fail to understand, or rather, just don't want to understand. why don't we have a special day for whites? cause everyday is a special day for whites. just like being born white does automatically give you a leg up on practically every aspect of life. just because it seems really difficult right now, doesn't change the last 150 yrs of history. if a white person was born black or hispanic, no amount of government handout or preferential treatment would even come close to making it a level playing field for the amount of racism, prejudice, and bias shown to non-whites. for every white person who complains about the last 10 yrs of your life, consider yourself so unbelievably lucky and fortunate.

I wish I knew of all those benefits afforded of my race when I was growing up poor in a trailer with holes in the floor while both of my parents were working long hours doing backbreaking labor to keep us fed. I wish I had known about them when I joined the military so I could someday go to college.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

I know, right. I had to get an associates degree just to make ten dollars an hour. When I figured out I couldn't support a family on that I had to do two more years of college to become a registered nurse. Yeah, being white is so much easier.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arashikage
reply to post by Vasa Croe

What? The Black, Hispanic or Asian Student Unions aren't segregating or being racists. This is dead wrong. These unions are put together because they were/are still being discriminated against. White people run this country. This is just another move telling all other ethnic groups "No matter what, we're always gonna be on top." You already run the damn country, black president or not. You already control the money, big businesses, what the hell ever else there is. God forbid we Black people, Asians or Hispanics band together to work together in a country that does its best to knock us down. This shouldn't be applauded or condoned. This was an idiot move, both in the sense of white people coming together but knowing what uproar it brings. This White Student Union is totally out of the question. You can't be the MLK of White people. This is ridiculous. No argument can be made.

WOW! Demonstrating a great deal of "Victim mentality", aren't we!

Please provide a list of examples in ways that this country continues to knock you down. I don't see it. I see EEOC and racial hiring quotas. I see "Diversity" enrollment quotas at schools. I see a great deal that the government does (In direct violation of the Constitution that guarantees that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL) to ensure that racial minorities receive preferences, often at the expense of more qualified white people.

I see a hard-working tax base that pays through the nose to ensure the "Less fortunate" get all of the same benefits and comforts as the hard-working taxpayers - but without the effort or expense.

I see a country who provides EVERY CHILD a FREE education and a simple pathway to advanced education. I also see minority groups who squander their opportunities away because working hard and getting an education is "Too Uncle Tom"!

If a "White student union is out of the question", then I submit that ANYTHING used to segregate a race is out of the question. To advocate otherwise is nothing short of hypocrisy!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

The only thing I want to respond to is this:

Caucasians do not suffer the same disadvantages as minorities,

Because this kind of ignorance makes my blood boil. Maybe at one point in time this statement would have been correct, but it is blatantly wrong in this day and age. Our society is TAUGHT this garbage and it's all BS. Try talking to a "whitey" who was unable to get a scholarship and tell me what kind of grants are available to them? I know from experience and so does my son who is also "Whitey" just how hard it is to get ahead because all the minority "groups" have all the special grants etc given to their special "groups". None of these "groups" should exist in a society that wants to be truly equal. (problem is, these groups don't want to be truly equal) I have never met one "whitey" in my entire life who was privileged above a minority. Life is a struggle for everyone, and what you quoted there is the furthest thing from the truth.

edit on 4-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Bigman 88, please please consider this:

The reason that modern day blacks CANNOT use slavery as an excuse for their woes today is this:

We are TOO FAR DISPLACED from slavery.

Think about it; why can we not see sagging pants, whore outfits, low education, broken families (baby momma, baby daddies) in and out of jail, and the garbage music that promotes all of these things in the generations immediately after slavery was abolished?

In fact, you see the exact opposite.

So Bigman 88, please realize that once black people can quit allowing the liberal ideology of slavery being their excuse for social and economic misery, the quicker we will be on the road to a healthier black society all together, in turn, able to connect with the rest of the world for a much healthier global society.

You, Buttercookie, are pissing me off, deeply, and your probably several hundreds miles away behind your own comp screen.

Iv'e already explained in this thread and the other that me and you went at it in that SLAVERY IS NOT A FACTOR. I have already explained, in friggin detail, that a black person blaming slavery for there f*** ups is part of their carefully, strategically cultivated and breaded ignorance imposed by the government. I have shown you proof for this strategically, cultivated ignorance, but you have already stated this is not a factor, at all. I have pose several examples and points, which you clearly ignore.

You continue to align me with stupid lib and dems, when i have already told you that libs, dems, cons, repubs are all criminals wearing different uniforms.

We were responsible and strong, despite an environment of institutionalized and societal racism. The low education is due to the federal government subsidizing the educational system, along with increased business and property taxes which made it impossible for the average business owner to continue running that business, which, like the several other businesses, was contributing to generating revenue in these communities without the racist governments help.

Without this revenue, there came a loss of local jobs, which ultimately resulted in loss of rationale, community, togetherness, and fostered a look after your damn self attitude, which any community is susceptible to under these conditions. So with that, the next generation of teachers gave 0 fu**s about helping to educate the community children under careful, strict, and caring tutorship and preparations for life. Also, no one cared to finance these schools by maintaining buildings and restocking supplies and material; there was no money to go around for anybody but the little bit made by individual families to pay there skyrocketed bills and government regulated food prices. So now, the kids are either at the hands of tired, annoyed, and "screw you" teachers who had no loyalty and foundation to the community, but only worked for that paltry check and to not get fired for not following educational guidelines, guidelines that were VASTLY inferior for poor, black neighborhoods. Or, they were at the hands of outside educators who did the same. I have already explained it to you, several times, and i must say it again, THAT is the source of low education in these neighborhoods.

The culture of sagging pants and in and out of jail is from the crappy, stupid music that has been heavily mass marketed to the the youth generation, despite the adult generations efforts to keep there kids from this. But thhe youth generation grew to be the next adult generation, and although the average adult does not partake in the silly culture, it is NORMAL, AND A PART OF HOOD LIFE, because that is what they grew up absorbing. While that happened, the government owned media has given uplifting, mindful artists who take absolutely no part in that culture, clothes, jewels, cars, women, swag, absolutely no public correspondence. The baby mommas and whore outfits is part of the ignorance, selfishness and irresponsibility ingrained into the YOUTH generation, who then grew into the adult generation.

Black people blaming slavery for their social and economic misery are the same black people who were part of the YOUTH GENERATION that absorbed all the retardation marketed by government owned media, and the mangled education institution that was better and efficient when it was locally run and financed by blacks pre-1970's. This slavery argument is PART OF THE INGRAINED IGNORANCE, IRRESPONSIBILITY AND LOW EDUCATION of those who use that argument.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Buttercookie, you are still avoiding to respond to your racist claims that blacks in Africa would still conduct government sanctioned slavery without the help of Europeans, you ignore the underlying root of problems today, you ignore any logical ways to fix these problems and continue saying it is solely black's fault while you say that fixing the underlying root of these problems would result in eternal buffoonery anyway. You discount any possibility or evidence of government op to demoralize the very minds of blacks within their own communities. You, and others like you, do not bother to consider that the government was ultimately SUCCESSFUL with these endeavors. You think that the government "over reaches" when businesses bar a whole race from their establishment because they don't like that race, something which was done on a NATIONAL LEVEL.

I, am officially done with you Buttercookie. You don't have to agree with me, but have the courtesy to acknowledge all important points on the table, you dodge them, then repeat what you said before, then accuse me of not wanting to uplift, based on me examining these issues.

You are either a racist, or a troll. Back and forth with you pints to either.

I will not feed you anymore.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

How do you know that Africa would be some sort of utopian paradise without british involvement? You saying that it would be better is nothing but pure speculation.

And also, there is no different "versions" of the n-word. Just because black folks put an a on the end of it does'nt change the meaning of the word.

Apparently its only offensive if you're white and say it. Black folks CHOOSE to be offended when a white person says it but not when a black person says it. So its obviously not the word itself that is offensive.

The whole Paula Deen fiasco proves it. Walmart and Target pulled everything off their shelves that had her name on it. She was totally lynched (ironic?) All because of a racial slur that she said 30 years ago. If its such an offensive word, then why haven't they also pulled every rap and hip hop cd off their shelves that repeat that very same word on almost every song and album.

And you're right, black people sold themselves into slavery. If it was'nt for the british, then it would have been to someone else. Even the first SLAVEOWNER in the Americas was a black man. And the civil war was never started to end slavery.

Yet all of these facts are conveniently ignored by folks that would rather be victimized and point the finger at someone else for their problems.

FRIG! Blurting crap out without reading properly, right. EVERYTHING you say here has already been addressed, but i guess reading and processing is not as satisfying as sticking to your tiny minded, narrow views.

You saying that Africa would still be war-torn and miserable without European presence is larger, less based speculation on YOUR PART. I said nothing about a utopian paradise, you came up with that. But i get your point...

I can base my speculation on what government backed, U.S. allied European corporations have done to Africa in the past, and are doing TODAY! But you probably don't bother with that detail.

First slave owner was a black? or did this website, which provides no proof of this, mistake this first slave owner for a willing, submissive, slave watcher? IDK, he probably was, but he was the ONLY slave owner at that time? What made him the first? There were no other land owners with their own slaves? Are you, and this website, sure he wasn't a watcher dutifully doing what his master told him to? i'm sure many blacks cared nothing for one another in such a violent, oppressive environment, and fended for themselves? Do they have proof of this first black slave owner? They got the records? What was your ultimate point in posting this? To show black people started slavery in the US? I would not argue with this if i see some evidence, instead of basing this proof from some conservative websites word. And oh, as i repeated before, you damn right they would have sold slaves to someone else, that was regular business practice for the whole planet. But the slaves sold were only a small portion versus the amount of slaves that they TOOK.

I already said this. When two low blacks, especially ghetto blacks, say ni**a to one another, they mean something WAY different when a racist white person says ni**er. One is meant as a slang term to replace something like "that guy", or "my friend". Do i need to give an example of how a racist white person uses the original version? In the end, they are both retarded, but only one of those words are EVIL and MEAN HEARTED when said. So you think it should be okay for people to call ALL blacks ni**er, because SOME black people say ni**a to each other, and sometimes, like i used to before i grew up a bit more, to refer to any other male person? It is wrong on 2 levels; the n-word and any of it's variations should not be said by anyone. 2 wrongs do not make a right, so why thet just leave those people and let them use that horrible word with one another. And second, that just makes you or anybody who wants to say this word, a racist. You won't be saying the same variation or the same meaning, you will be using the variation and meaning a racist would use.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Once again, Bigman 88, I have not ignored you- and now you have come to show that you are blatantly using that excuse to avoid admitting that my points are valid. This is why your posts are no starred- there are intelligent people on ATS that see right through all of your straw man arguments.

Glad you are done with me, and its about time. According to you, I have to be a troll or a racist just because as a black person, I acknowledge true slave-trade history, and also because I don't buy into life-long victimhood.

Your 'being done with me' is evident that you cannot refute my arguments, and this is your way to exit stage left. Your argument, whatever in the world it is, is weak and screams,

"ButterCookie, you are black, why can't you be a victim like me? Who are you to rise from victimhood?? Surely you MUST be a racist!!"

And in spite of all of your straw man arguments, you have not succeeded in 'killing my message'

edit on 4-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Cancerwarrior, you are absolutely correct!

When I am in public and I hear black men using that term for one another, it makes me cringe not only because of its ugly historic meaning but because of how low-class it sounds. And they say it with 'pride', as if ita badge of honor. I even hear black fathers refer to their sons as their "lil' n-----"

You are right in saying that some blacks CHOOSE to be offended by that term. I saw this on "The View" when Whoopi Goldberg and Barbara Walters were discussing this. Sherri shephard stated that it sounded nice when Whoopi said it, but when Barbara said it she 'felt the racial anger behind it". I was like, "What??" Because could she say that if they had wrote it on a piece of paper and she didn't know which wrote which word??

If its offensive, it is offensive no matter who says it, and if its not, its not. People CHOOSE to be offended ONLY after they have observed the color of the person saying it.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azdraik

I get sooo tired of this.

Look up the Moors and see what they did to Spain and France. Next, a large portion of the slave trade was initiated by guess who.... other black tribes in Africa selling to the Danish. So if you have a bone to pick pick it with the ones who sold their neighbors for trinkets.

Last I checked no one I know owns slaves.
edit on 8/1/2013 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

If you go back through the whole span of history you are naturally going to find all sorts of examples of interracial exploitation. But in America white people have overwhelmingly exploited others on the basis of colour, with slavery, with segregation, with basic discrimination and prejudice at all levels. And most of this well within living memory.

It's pretty stupid to expect someone who may have been involved in segregation or violence over desegregation to shrug their shoulders because in the ninth century AD some Saracens attacked Spain.

By the way, the median white household is twenty times richer than its black counterpart. But I guess that since we are all living in a post-racial paradise of equality that's just because blacks are lazy, right?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Originally posted by Azdraik

I get sooo tired of this.

Look up the Moors and see what they did to Spain and France. Next, a large portion of the slave trade was initiated by guess who.... other black tribes in Africa selling to the Danish. So if you have a bone to pick pick it with the ones who sold their neighbors for trinkets.

Last I checked no one I know owns slaves.
edit on 8/1/2013 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

If you go back through the whole span of history you are naturally going to find all sorts of examples of interracial exploitation. But in America white people have overwhelmingly exploited others on the basis of colour, with slavery, with segregation, with basic discrimination and prejudice at all levels. And most of this well within living memory.

It's pretty stupid to expect someone who may have been involved in segregation or violence over desegregation to shrug their shoulders because in the ninth century AD some Saracens attacked Spain.

By the way, the median white household is twenty times richer than its black counterpart. But I guess that since we are all living in a post-racial paradise of equality that's just because blacks are lazy, right?

No amount of reasoning will work with people who WANT to believe that blacks are just naturally inclined towards inaction and ignorance because of their psychological makeup . NONE. It makes things easier for them...so they just stick to it.

edit on 6-8-2013 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

One last question, Buttercookie. Do you believe black people to be the way they are in America today because of their natural inclinations? It's already in them to be this way?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join