It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW Mushroom cloud in Homs army. WWIII ? Updated now Reportet on Sky news.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Report just now on Sky News "Huge explosion kills 22 in Syria's Homs, at a munitions factory!" Basically that's all info they have at this stage!
edit on 1/8/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I know exatly what you mean. Unfortunately, many have been left behind as there is no where for them to go. All of the borders are overflowing with refugees trying to escape. Another unfortunate truth is, this type of barbarrism happens on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That's sad for me to see and consider. The people of Syria are a proud people with a deep and rich history. They don't deserve to be raped by terrorists the way we're watching happen and seeing the criminals in our Government actually support.

Look at Iraq... Libya..... Afghanistan? When these two legged animals destroy MAJOR infrastructure like this, anyone want to lay a dollar on odds it EVER gets rebuilt if they win this thing? Simple minded followers like most of the FSA really need directed toward constructive things. Most of them, in my view, are truly "simple" enough in the true sense of that term to BE 'directed', if they'd met people in life that weren't aiming to make them human ordinance or professional bullet stoppers for another Jihad against their own Muslim 'brothers'. (Some friggin Brotherhood these people view it as... ugh)

So I hope the big clouds are worth the perverse little thrill these people get. In this nation, I'm willing to bet a good % of those fighters would diagnose with serious and very real mental illness ranging from Pyromania to Psychopathic traits that blow the bell curve right off the page. ....and these are the scum Secretary Kerry seems to love and want to give big hugs with sloppy kisses to.

Oh, we're SO far from anything defensible in morality at this point, I don't even know where the line was anymore.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I do find it very nasty the way so many of the young men seem to be enjoying having guns and running amok shooting and killing.

I wonder whether most of the armed militias actually know who the hell they are shooting at? Are they kids, women or men simply trying to survive in their homeland, that so many blood thirsty young gits seem to be delighting in destroying.

Its good if you can then return to your own home safely in some other or Western country and know that your family have been fed by others whilst you play your war games. The whole Syrian thing is disgusting and a blight on humanity. My heart goes out to the Syrian people who have had no choice in this situation.

Although there is a battle for supremacy going on in the Arab world, were Israel to bomb Syria or be found to be causing death or making the war worse, I would not be surprised to find that the Arabs, no matter what background could well unite against Israel and many of those countries have weapons just as powerful as Israel and there are more of them.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by ecapsretuo

That is a ridiculous presumption. The man filming the video is obviously terrified: he was screaming for God in the end.

Psychic too huh because he just happen to pan onto the area before the blasts?

Cmon folks add all the info up and tell me what it looks like?

You did happen to see all the smoke he was filming before the explosion went off? Get out of the he is speaking Arabic so he must be a terrorist mindset.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

He kept praising his religious icon while filming intently on the exact spot.

I hate this kind of BS.
What he's saying is "God is great", which is akin to people in the West saying "Oh my God" when something is happening.

It's typical ignorance of the rest of the world that this basic and common saying in another language is seen as being "terrorist speak" and makes all those who mention it look completely retarded.

You really need to educate yourself about other cultures, other religions, and nations outside of America. This kind of ignorance just makes you look incredibly imbecilic.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No they are not nuclear.

They are very large conventional explosions.

Nuclear blasts have signatures.
Namely the first part is where if you look at it when it goes off, it blinds you.
We are talking ultra-bright.

Tactical nuclear weapons do not have to be blinding. The US army tested field nukes that they shot from a cannon in the desert that looked exactly like this. Also deep ground penetration nukes would do the same. The signature from what I see on the video is from a very small kiloton field type weapon.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

The signature from what I see on the video is from a very small kiloton field type weapon.

That's quite a statement to basically pin your credibility to. I mean, you didn't say maybe or could be. You made an definitive statement. Either you're real sure ...or just don't care how many do note credibility issues (among other things) on a side sheet for precisely these situations.

If that was a nuke, I'm daffy duck......but hey, it's really fun to watch people talk and make statements of what something WAS or WAS NOT ...based entirely and solely on shaky home video from someone scared, by my impressions. Nuke...
Where do people come up with this garbage anyway?! A *REAL* Nuclear detonation ABOVE ground would have had every bell ringing like Christmas in a madman's nightmare across at least 5 world capitals within minutes.

Even small ones have unmistakable signatures to the event...and those satellites that do nothing BUT look for that signature haven't gone anywhere and no one has budget cut those missions. Thank God. We wouldn't be sitting here on a website debating it and wondering .....if it were a true nuclear weapon detonated in Syria. Even a tactical one. :shk:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kadara_dk

just look like a mushroom cloud, in Homs army. from today 08/01-2013.

Wow..........so much ill informed conjecture about an explosion in the tragedy that is called Syria.

Firstly this is a civil war, meaning 2 warring factions are fighting over land and power of the SAME country.

Do you REALLY think either side is going set off a nuclear explosion.......with all the radiation issues on the very same land that they want to claim and live in.

In any case even if in the highly unlikely event any nuclear weapons were used.......how exactly does this civil war become WWW3.............seriously you need to get a history lesson on what actually would constitute a World War.

edit on 1-8-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

It seems like multi explosions, then a really big one.

Here's one news report online,

www.newsdaily.com...

edit on 1-8-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

In any case even if in the highly unlikely event any nuclear weapons were used.......how exactly does this civil war become WWW3.............seriously you need to get a history lesson on what actually would constitute a World War.

Because everyone knows (sarcasm) that if one nuclear weapon is ever used on the planet, that means everyone instantly launches every weapon they have and the world blows itself up.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Looks to me like an ammo dump going off, because of the smoke apparent prior to the large explosion and a series of smaller ones after it. If it's a Syrian Army controlled stockpile, I'd be thinking they took a severe hit by rebel forces.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Looks to me like an ammo dump going off, because of the smoke apparent prior to the large explosion and a series of smaller ones after it. If it's a Syrian Army controlled stockpile, I'd be thinking they took a severe hit by rebel forces.

That's what I think, a military dump/camp.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Because everyone knows (sarcasm) that if one nuclear weapon is ever used on the planet, that means everyone instantly launches every weapon they have and the world blows itself up.

yeah I guess that's it...........I wonder how guys like the OP would have coped during the Cuban Missile Crisis!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If it was a nuke then the dude filming would be crispy!

Also I imagine a nuclear detonation would register on every satellite with radiological detection capabilities over the middle east.

That being said it does look like rather a large explosion.
edit on 1-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It seems the video was posted by the opposition to the regime

Video of the blast was posted on YouTube by activists opposing the Bashar al Assad regime. It showed a giant fireball blasting hundreds of feet into the air followed by a number of smaller explosions.

the munitions depot was under attack

The shelling of the depot came as President Assad made a speech in the town of Daraya, south west of Damascus, saying he was confident of a victory against rebels.

no more conculsion jumping

source:news.sky.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation

I am presuming the guy filming the video is part of the terror group setting them off (in a city? disgusting!).

He kept praising his religious icon while filming intently on the exact spot.

Really amazing though how NATO tricked all these terror groups into focusing on Syria right now instead of on..well...NATO.

I don't speak muslim but to automatically group him in with a terrorist group just because he is praising is God is wrong. I'm sure if this was on my land you would be hearing me say "Oh God" or "Jesus Christ". That wouldn't mean I was celebrating what was happening.

He wasn't saying it like that.

The phrase he said is a praise, a celebratory thanks for victory.
"God is the Greatest" to be literal.

He isn't speaking Muslim either, because Muslim isn't a language.
The language is Arabic.

So technically I was right when I said I don't speak Muslim because what I meant was that it's not a language
...anyways....sure you could very well be right but like I said before it really depends on the person and their reaction to an event like this. This is what I would probably say "Oh my #ing God...Oh God...Oh God...WTF?...Oh my #ing God". Somewhere along those lines

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

since the video was posted by the opposition, it is quite possible that the man heard praising allah is doing so because the government is losing a very large munitions depot. Given that the depot was, per the article, under attack, prior to the explosions, it is safe to assume the ensuing explosions were not the result of an accident.

as to whether, or not, the man filming the explosions is responsible, he is, apparently, part of the oppositition so, to some degree, he is involved in the cause.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Im pretty sure when he says "Allah Uackbar" or however its spelled, its simply the same as if an american was filming it and saying "Oh my god"

Pretty sure he is shocked. I for one can hear the fear in his voice.
edit on 1-8-2013 by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
For the brain dead,,
If,, it was a CHEMICAL MUNITIONS factory,,, which way did u run.

did anyone from the U.N do a air-quality check.?

just woundering.it is syria,,u know.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join