It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teach us all something that you know how to do???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Teach us all something that you know how to do, or that you're good at doing? It could be anything really. But teach us all something that you know how to do. For example: a recipe, a loophole, a system, a practice,

So teach us how to do something???

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I really wish I had something to contribute!

You've just made me aware of how useless I am LOL.
edit on 1-8-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Yep, this is a video I made last week. A video tutorial on how to sample on the Roland S-550 Digital Sampler made in 1987. The manual is written in jinglish so its pretty hard to understand.

There you go, I teached you something

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I guess we can finally see just what ATS members can do. This is a pretty good topic OP.

I can't teach anyone how to do this as everyone will have their own method as to how to accomplish this. Me, I keep an emotional distance from people places and things while I'm practicing this. It's the best way I know how to do this in order to learn, analyze and judge things. It isn't rocket science, but too many people can't seem to keep their emotions and personal biases out of things while they're trying to learn things, and that, IMO, stifles that progress.

philosophy.hku.hk...

austhink.com...

edit on 1-8-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

1) puff your cheeks(with air in mouth obviously)

2) put your hand over your mouth and compress the air in your mouth(like you are blowing the air out but it can't because you are blocking it)

3) slowly open your mouth and push the air in the mouth with your tongue....you will get smoke(rather compressed air/steam)

Bets to blow it out in front of a black background to see the steam clearly.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
My recipe for Tiramisu Cheesecake, for 9 x 13 pan, 24 servings:

Ingredients:

24 oz pkg vanilla wafers

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 1/2 cups kahlua liqueur

48 oz. cream cheese

1 1/3 cups white sugar

4 eggs

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

2 oz. semisweet chocolate

3/16 cup sour cream

1/8 cup whipping cream

Kahlua Chocolate drizzle: 1 cup choc. chips, 1/3 cup Kahlua, 1/3 cup corn syrup. Melt in

saucepan at low temp. Drizzle over top when cooled

Directions:

1. A. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, Place a pan of water on the bottom of

oven.

B. Soften cream cheese by placing plastic tubs in hot water.

2. Blend the wafers to fine crumbs. Mix the melted butter into the crumbs. Moisten with 3/4 cup

of the kahlua liqueur. Place aluminum foil in pan, spray foil lightly with non-stick, then press

crust mix into pan.

3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, and sugar until very smooth. Add other 3/4 cup kahlua

liqueur, and mix.

4. In a separate bowl, add eggs, whipping cream, sour cream, and flour - whisking flour in a

little at a time.

5. Pour into batter, mixing until just smooth. Use cream to thin if needed, but not too much.

6. Pour batter into crust, and place pan on middle rack of oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or

until just set.

7. Open oven door, and turn off the heat. Leave cake to cool in oven for 20 minutes.

8. Remove from oven, and let it finish cooling with water bath approx. 20 minutes, then

refrigerate for an hour.

9. Apply fine filigree of kahlua / chocolate drizzle, and then grate the semi-sweet

chocolate on top. Refrigerate two hours more before serving.
edit on 1-8-2013 by setibuddies because: spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I've had to do all the cooking around here for a while, so lately I've been on a tear with trying new recipes and refining / customizing them to suit our tastes. That cheesecake got rave reviews from some co-workers

You can actually use more Kahlua, like 3/4 cup more split between the crust and the filling; Everything is better with more kahlua in it

edit on 1-8-2013 by setibuddies because: Added

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Two fingers
Only two inch deep
Face palm of hand towards you
Aim for something that feels like a spot with its head chopped off
Shake softly to start with but then go faster as you start to feel it release.

That my friends, is the best way to remove a spark plug from a Vauxhall Corsa

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Where do I start? I am very good at many things. I have taught many people what I know already, it is part of what I was intended to do I guess. Most of my knowledge is of work related information from many types of trades and professions. I cannot explain something like this on the net unless I were to make a video.

My daughters want me to make videos of some of the processes to make my chicken soup that gets rid of a cold but even that cannot be accomplished unless I can explain the taste that is needed for the soup to work. All veggies have different nutrient value, one celery may be stronger than another.

How can I tell someone how to wire a house, or lay block or pour a big concrete slab in writing? How can I teach someone to build something without showing them how to choose the best materials, total comprehension cannot be acquired from reading text.

Lets see, I'll try something very simple.....A small pinch of epsom salts on top the grounds in the coffee filter makes the coffee taste better and also brings the magnesium level up so the coffee works better in the body. I suppose I can mention a lot of tiny weeny things like that that people can try

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is an neat little trick I picked up that can be used in any situation for a little fun,
though it’s still helpful in a survival sense if, say, you lose your keys in the grass.

It turns out that with just a handheld radio...

and a pocket calculator...

you can make a crude metal detector.

Here’s how it works:

Set the radio to AM and tune it to a frequency that doesn’t pick up a station
(the higher the frequency the better), so that the only sound coming out is static.

Now turn up the radio’s volume, take the calculator in the other hand (it should be on),
and angle the two so that they sort of face each other.

At the right angle, the radio’s static will turn to a light buzz (you’ll hear the difference),
but you might need to experiment with the angle and the distance between the calculator and radio.

If you sweep this makeshift device over the ground, any metal buried relatively close to the surface will strengthen the sound of the buzz.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Well, I am a locksmith, but I cannot in good faith give any decent information on my methods, since they could easily be used by the criminally minded to improve thier breaking and entering strategies, so I will keep my face shut on that topic.

So instead, welcome to TrueBrit's drunken cookery class!

How to make a Turkey Burger Sandwhich, using a club hammer:

You will need...

A packet containing four Bernard Matthews Turkey Burgers.
Two rashers of smoked bacon.
Half a red onion or more, dependant on how badass you are.
Two slices of bread.
Mayo, or favourite sauce, to taste.
A club hammer.

Method...

Take your packet of turkey burgers, and cut it open, releasing the frozen breaded burgers. Take careful note of the cooking instructions on the reverse of the packet, then discard the packet, and ignore all the advice. Place the turkey burgers in a frying pan with a little oil, or place them on the grill if you want to be a big girls blouse about it. Cook the ever loving crap out of them, in the pan. Turn them if you become bored, and when they become golden brown on each side, stick a knife in them to ensure the insides appear to be cooked through, remove them from the pan, and place the bacon rashers into the pan. Dont change the oil, that would be pretentious and wasteful.

Cook the bacon until you want to marry it. While the rashers are sizzling away, prepare your onion. I prefer to cut rings off and have big curls of onion, rather than itty bitty diced chunks. Get your sliced bread out, but do not apply sauce just yet. Place the cooked turkey burgers on top of one another, on one slice of bread. Take the cooked bacon rashers, and put them atop the stack of turkey burgers. Place the second slice of bread atop the entire stack. You will note, that even without sauce, this sandwhich is pretty damned thick, and probably will not fit in your mouth.

Place the entire stack on a chopping board, and fetch your club hammer (for those who do not know what a club hammer is, imagine a sledge hammer, but shorter and lighter). Take careful aim, and pound the stuffing out of that sandwhich, until it is thin enough to fit in your mouth without totally obliterating any sense of dignity and self respect you may have. Be sure to strike the sandwhich with the flat of the hammer head, since we are aiming not to actually split the top slice of bread, or indeed put a corner of the hammer head through the whole sandwhich. It is vital that you do not add sauce before hitting the sandwhich, because if you are hitting it hard enough, and there is sauce already within, it will shoot out of the sides, like a saucy frag mine, covering the whole kitchen in spatters of yummy goop.

Carefully peel the top slice of bread, away from the sandwhich, revealing its pulverised innards. Apply sauce to the smashed up slice of bread, put the onion rings inside and lay the bread back down over the demolished contents of the sandwhich. Using a spatula, pry the entire thing off the chopping board, and put it on a plate. Job done!

Now, some might say that this is not a healthy way to enjoy turkey, some might say that at least a token application of salad is necessary. I say, if anything needs adding to the burger, it would either be more meat, or more sauce. I am not trying to reach old age here! Enjoy!
edit on 1-8-2013 by TrueBrit because: Edit to add onion placement.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Get Even with Telemarketers

Ask for:
Caller's full name
Phone number
Name of the organization
if the organization keeps a list of number it has been asked not to call

If the answer is no to any question:
You may be able to sue for up to $1,500 under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.

If you want to be more difficult:

ask for a supervisor
demand they send you a copy of their written policy concerning the "do not call" numbers
They must supply this on demand
Before hanging up, make sure they know that you do not want to be contacted again.

From the Calendar, "Forbidden Knowledge".

I thought that was kind of neat-o

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
i have figured out how to destroy both the flesh and spirit. i will not share how for obvious reasons. i can smte someone through time also from above. i gave the pope his bad lung lung. you can join those leaving here if you make it to the sphinx in time. stand on one side and consume the key and you will be transported or stand on the other side and consume the other key and go a different direction. the clues are in the bible speaking of right and left hand of god and all the doorways. you can do it. the keys are the most popular plants rendered to purest form and you are not lawfully allowed to possess.

edit on 1-8-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Can't get a toddler into a bathtub?
Get a cake of Ivory bath soap.
Stick a popsicle stick in the big flat part.
Maybe tape a piece of paper to the popsicle stick (optional)
Put a little plastic figure on the bar of soap.
Tell you toddler that it's a boat and the toddler will want to take a bath and play.

Homemade toy ... kid in water ... soap in water .... mission accomplished.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

My dad's solution was to start taking off his belt.... It was pretty effective as I recall...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I am an aging master of being able to fart with my armpit.

In my younger days any style of fart sound I could reproduce by placing the palm of my hand under my armpit and doing the chicken dance motions

Those who teach cannot do,

Those who do do not tech.

When I stop my shenanigans will be the day to pass on such wisdom

Great idea fro discussion OP.

A thread for all really, serious and funny alike.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Nice idea for a thread, spartacus.

I have an awesome recipe for ya.
Bacon wrapped water chestnuts. Sounds a little weird but it's sooooo sooooo good.

Marinate whole water chestnuts in soy sauce for a few hours. Keep them refrigerated.
Cut bacon into 4 inch pieces and wrap each chestnut with a slice, securing with a toothpick.
Put them on a broiler pan or baking sheet and bake at 350* for 10-15 minutes.

Also....I can pick up a dime with my toes.
edit on 8/1/2013 by Neysa because: erp

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
OKAY I'LL SHOW YOU SOMETHING....(since I didn't when I started this)

This is real so don't try this unless it's a dyer emergency and you have no other choice.....

THE DEATH BLOW....(just remember the peace sign)

What will happen when you use this is a few things. You might break your fingers on your attacker. If you miss the eyes, you'll break your fingers, So what you do is you keep your eyes focusing exactly on where you''re striking. Do not look away or you'll miss and break your fingers on there face. So focus on what you're doing. You dont have to hit super fast either. Like you don't have to go wild with it. But you simply poke your pointer finger and index finger directly into the attackers eyes. If you miss with one hand use the other hand. If you miss and you're fingers aren't broken pull back slightly and then hit again, again focusing your eyes on where you're trying to hit. One hit of this and the attacker will be out of commission. The reason is the eyes are attached directly to the brain. The other similar strike is your hold your hand flat and you strike the atoms apple. Again be careful, it could kill the attacker. But if you hit they'll be incapacitated.

So I created sort of a 3 hit combo I figured out. It simply uses 1 hand. You first chop to the neck, then palm strike the nose. Then finish the opponent with the two fingers to eyes. It's like a rapid attack. Best if you can grab there hair the back of the head with your other hand or else it won't work as good.

But again this like if you're backed into a corner. You don't go looking to do this. You run if you're in trouble or scream, or grab a stick, or any hard object you can find. That's number one. But if you can't get away and it's close quarter combat, again your two fingers to there eyes and it's game over.

edit on 2-8-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I can balance a machete between my teeth for 45 seconds...sharp stuff.
I can light a fire old style,,rubbing sticks....freaked the kids right out.
I can control my animals every witch way but loose.
I have snapped the pineal gland often,but not so much lately.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join