It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden To Release Statement On Manning Verdict – WikiLeaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Snowden To Release Statement On Manning Verdict – WikiLeaks

www.eurasiareview.com

The man who blew the lid off America’s dragnet web spying program, Edward Snowden, is going to release an important statement today on the case of WikiLeak’s chief informant, Bradley Manning, the whistle-blowing website has said in Twitter.

“Edward Snowden will release an important statement later today in light of the Manning trial verdict,” the tweet read.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kyivpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Bradley Manning Espionage Act Conviction a Blow to Both Whistleblowers and Journalists
Bradley Manning found not guilty on "Aiding the enemy".
Video: I AM BRADLEY MANNING

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

link

Please note how this is not being picked up by the MSM. At the time of me writing this the WikiLeaks tweet is 6h old. So far the only news outlets reporting this are www.eurasiareview.com and www.kyivpost.com (never heard of them before).

Is it just me or is this whole thing unfolding like the biggest event ever? It is all connected:

Edward Snowden's NSA leaks
Michael Hastings' disappearence
Bradley Manning's verdict
Julian Assange
WikiLeaks

and

Barrett Brown

Did you know that according to freebarrettbrown.org Hastings was planning to interview Brown in late June?

Also:

link

Michael HastingsVerified account ‏@mmhastings
@ronbryn @BarrettBrownLOL working on it. there was an election, and still a few wars going on. but get ready for your mind to be blown.

But back to Bradley Manning: Michael Hastings was also very interested in his case!

Here are some tweets:

link

@3ristar President Obama perhaps should pardon Bradley Manning.

link

1/2 "Pfc Manning also details how he tried to leak the archive of secret files to both The Washington Post and The New York Times...

link

Update on the Manning trial: news.bostonherald.com...

link

Btw, a win for @RonPaul is a win for @wikileaks and Bradley Manning.

link

and to me, barring them from visiting manning sounds like possibility of even bigger story. #wikileaks #bradleymanning

Michael Hastings was certainly working on several different stories when he was "accidented". I would not be surprised if one of them was about Manning. If you too have doubts regarding the mainstream media version of Hastings' disappearance you may want to give a look to these threads (among others):

Start with this link:Timeline of Hastings NSA Snowden Related Events

Hastings Death And The Snowden Leaks - Is There A Connection?

$100,000 Michael Hastings National Security Reporting Fellowship - A Reward To Uncover Foul Play?

Michael Hastings & WikiLeaks/Assange - this being a "companion thread" to the other two based on my sifting through Hastings' tweets

Hastings' tweets also showed support for Ron Paul: link

www.eurasiareview.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-8-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
So is everyone supposed to hang on Snowdens every word now? He was an idiot that threw his life away telling something that people who have been paying attention already knew. The only thing he can say about Manning is at least he had the balls to face what happened after he leaked his info.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The only thing he can say about Manning is at least he had the balls to face what happened after he leaked his info.

Yes, but what good is he now but a symbol?
atleast Snowden is free, like Assange to continue talking and thumbing the government
I have respect for all 3, but Mannings life is over not because he chose to face the music but because he wasn't careful enough.

I know I'm interested to hear what Snowden says, I'll have of every word because this is history in the making.

I don't expect it to be ground breaking, considering he already stated he wouldn't harm the US anymore if Russia took him in. It will probably just be rhetoric on how we should support Manning, or how whistle-blowers are the real leaders etc etc...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
So is everyone supposed to hang on Snowdens every word now? He was an idiot that threw his life away telling something that people who have been paying attention already knew. The only thing he can say about Manning is at least he had the balls to face what happened after he leaked his info.

So you know everything about PRISM, Xkeyscore and NSA STORING everything long time ago. I will follow your posts in the future, you seem to be inteligent person . Thank you for your ignorance , stupidity and showing how exactly sheep and brainwashed brain work.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

He was an idiot that threw his life away telling something that people who have been paying attention already knew.

You didn't know, rather you suspected. Now you know, and you can thank the idiot who threw away his life for that.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

ALSO ........Diplomatically speaking - this is no small matter. Does V Putin have a set?
I smile. Why do I smile?

MOSCOW | Thu Aug 1, 2013 7:58am EDT
(Reuters) - Fugitive former U.S. security contractor Edward Snowden has left Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport, an airport representative said on Thursday.

The representative told Reuters that Snowden had crossed into Russia after spending more than month in the airport's transit zone.

(Reporting by Gabriela Baczynska, editing by Elizabeth Piper)

edit on 1-8-2013 by ERagerz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ERagerz

Yep, he's on the move. BBC just reported it in the UK 17 minutes ago.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by ERagerz

Yep, he's on the move. BBC just reported it in the UK 17 minutes ago.

Snowden granted 1-year asylum in Russia, leaves airport
Published time: August 01, 2013 11:45
Edited time: August 01, 2013 12:26
Get short URL

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has been granted temporary asylum in Russia and is allowed to enter the country’s territory.
The whistleblower has been granted temporary political asylum in Russia, Snowden's legal representative Anatoly Kucherena said.
“I have just handed over to him papers from the Russian Immigration Service. They are what he needs to leave the transit zone,” he added.
Snowden has already left the transit zone of Moscow’s Sheremetyevo Airport, an RT crew at the scene has confirmed.
He departed at around 15.30 Moscow time (11.30 GMT), airport sources said. His departure came some 30 minutes before his new refugee status was officially announced.
His present location has not been made public nor will it be disclosed, Kucherena said
“He is the most wanted person on earth and his security will be a priority,” the attorney explained. “He will deal with personal security issues and lodging himself. I will just consult him as his lawyer.”

Snowden was unaccompanied when he left the airport in a regular taxi, Kucherena added.

Snowden, a former CIA employee and NSA contractor, came to international prominence after leaking several classified documents detailing massive electronic surveillance by the US government and foreign allies who collaborated with them.
Snowden was hiding out in a Hong Kong hotel when he first went public in May. Amidst mounting US pressure on both Beijing and local authorities in the former-British colony to hand the whistleblower over for prosecution, Snowden flew to Moscow on June 23.
Moscow was initially intended as a temporary stopover on his journey, as Snowden was believed to be headed to Ecuador via Cuba. However, he ended up getting stranded at Sheremetyevo Airport after the US government revoked his passport. Snowden could neither leave Russia nor enter it, forcing him to remain in the airport’s transit zone.
In July, Snowden applied for temporary asylum in Russia, a status that would allow him to live and work in the country for one year. Kucherena earlier said the fugitive whistleblower is considering securing permanent residency in Russia, where he will attempt to build a life.

edit on 1-8-2013 by ERagerz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

Do you think Snowden's statement on Manning will be self-serving?

Ed 'it-seemed-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time' Snowden is still hoping to weasel out of his predicament based on public outcry. Of course, it won't work but he, Snowden, Sr., and Assange are working to that end. The only question now is where he will end up and how long Assange and crew will support him, financially. He will likely find a country with no extradition treaty with the US that is not North Korea. Cuba might be handy and Spanish is much less difficult to learn for an English speaker than Russian. Iceland, France, and Switzerland may not be amenable if they are somehow involved in the meta data tracking. Iran would be too much of a culture shock and is not far behind North Korea as a totalitarian state. Morocco could be dangerous but has French and English in addition to Arabic and Berber. Nicaragua may also be a possibility but has some of the same dangers as Morocco.

top topics

join