It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Military Has Awarded Contracts To Al-Qaeda In Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

This story below from Bloomberg, highlights a 236-page report by the U.S. Army Suspension and Debarment Office, which shows that military contracts have been granted to the Taliban and Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan.

Yep, this is exactly what happens when an empire gets too big, too corrupt, and ends up in the hands of a bunch of sociopaths. From Bloomberg:

Supporters of the Taliban and al-Qaeda in Afghanistan have been getting U.S. military contracts, and American officials are citing “due process rights” as a reason not to cancel the agreements, according to an independent agency monitoring spending. “I am deeply troubled that the U.S. military can pursue, attack, and even kill terrorists and their supporters, but that some in the U.S. government believe we cannot prevent these same people from receiving a government contract,” Sopko said.

The 236-page report and Sopko’s summary provide one of the watchdog agency’s most critical appraisals of U.S. performance in helping to build a stable Afghanistan as the Pentagon prepares to withdraw combat troops by the end of next year. The U.S. has 60,000 troops in Afghanistan, with plans to reduce the number to 34,000 by February. President Barack Obama hasn’t decided how many to keep in the country after 2014 to train Afghan forces and engage in anti-terrorist missions. “Anti-terrorist missions.” Like what, rewarding them lucrative contracts? An audit showed that after 16 months, none of the agency’s essential program objectives have been reached and the money spent has mostly financed workshops and training sessions.

The project is aimed at bolstering Afghanistan’s government before troop withdrawals planned for next year. “It’s troubling that after 16 months, this program has not issued its first community grant,” Sopko said.“Rather, it has spent almost $50 million, about a quarter of the total program budget, on conferences, overhead and workshops.”Regarding the 43 cases of contractors with militant connections, Sopko said the Army should “enforce the rule of common sense” in its suspension and debarment program. “They may be enemies of the United States but that is not enough to keep them from getting government contracts,” according to the agency’s report. Someone’s definitely lining their pockets... and it’s not just the “terrorists.”

Source 1
Source 2
This was posted on Zerohedge, and boy not much to be added I guess, I wonder how all those military personal would react knowing just this.

They need to die for their country to protect their country and yet the same administration is openly funding and training the terrorists.

Although I think the term "workshop" can be a lot of things, shrugs, madness I tell ya.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Saves a bit more face than waving a white flag

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
They used to try and conceal their actions,

nowdayss its like

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the US have a law against trading with the enemy? Were they not trying to convict Manning on this law? So who is guilty of this awarded contract with known terrorists? Giving a contract to the Taliban and Al-Qaeda after the US military has been fighting them and they are still labeled as terrorists is an insult to any soldier who had fought was wounded or died in Afghanistan.

Is this not aiding an enemy that is still classed as an enemy since they have not been defeated nor has there been a peace agreement signed? The Taliban and Al-Qaeda both have said that they are sworn enemies of the US, thus giving them a contract is treason. Will the people of the US do anything about it...no, just give them some snacks a soda or beer and a remote for the TV and they could care less. I doubt that you would even care if they put you in concentration camps as long as you had a beverage, snacks and a stupid TV.

The US has gone rogue and is now openly aiding and giving contract to terrorists. Looks like this puts you as the largest terrorist organization in the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Still gonna sit and take it ?

Or are you going to finally work together and deal with your " domestic issues " ?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
The US has gone rogue and is now openly aiding and giving contract to terrorists. Looks like this puts you as the largest terrorist organization in the world.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . damn. . . . . . . . . trying to find a way to refute what you wrote. . .

. . . . . . . still trying. . . . . . . .

. . . . . still trying. . . . . .

. . . still trying. . . . .

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Supporters of the Taliban and al-Qaeda in Afghanistan have been getting U.S. military contracts, and American officials are citing “due process rights” as a reason not to cancel the agreements, according to an independent agency monitoring spending.

That is nothing new, and billions have been going to Egypt,Saudi, and Pakistan for decades.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
War for profit. Those who sold us on the war sell the tools of war to both sides.

The lay person refuses to accept this fact.
edit on 1-8-2013 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Can someone please explain to me why this thread has so few comments and flags???

Is this not an act of TREASON?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Can someone please explain to me why this thread has so few comments and flags???

Is this not an act of TREASON?

Good question, I just noticed the thread myself.

TY OP

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
your "sources" links list just got blocked by Norton for malware attack on my computer...thanks OP

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
your "sources" links list just got blocked by Norton for malware attack on my computer...thanks OP

Not mine

I didn't have a problem.

Did anyone else?
edit on 103131p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Bloomberg and ZeroHedge got blocked by Norton??? Uninstall it.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
As long as they can strike a deal that serves their interest they will do buisness with the taliban. Thats what this war was all about. They knew short of genocide they wouldnt pacify the area. But if enough pressure would be poured on with no deadline in sight they might put themselves in a position where they can strike a deal.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I really don't understand any of this, why our government supplies weapons to any other government let alone a terrorist organization,

I can't wrap my mind around it anymore, it can't be all about money, this is beyond money.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ha nice to see my thread getting some attention, I wasn't gonna go for a shameless bump.

Although given the recent warnings, I think they should go to court and file a complaint or something to the administration.

Seriously, given recent news, is this not an act of war?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This may simply be a strategy like those we have used before. The only difference is we are not waiting to for total subjugation, like we did in Japan and Germany, before trying to create an economically feasible surrender or in fact no surrender at all of the classical type......like we did with the Cold War. there never was that dreaded final exchange of ICBMs and low and behold we are doing business together. And China. We fought them in kind through proxies for years and now just look at the flow.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
But yet we are on world wide alert

Somebody needs to examine those 'contractors'.

Perhaps there's something in common with some people in the U.S. and other countries.

There IS a lucrative business in Afghanistan that's not showing in their economic ledgers.

Lot's of people involved.

Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm betting the real reason we are "on alert" has nothing to do with CIA/alqueada and a phony attack - but the fact that HSBC bank just negated their relatonships with all embassies in the UK - on a Sunday, no less - and the US embassies needed to be shut down before their contracts were disposed of to.

Also - see Mccain over in Egypt trying desperately to get the muslim brotherhood back in command - to accept the IMF bank loan they agreed to before they were ousted.

This is all about money and the imploding banking system - not about CIA funded terrorism.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Good Points...

Worth taking a closer look.

top topics

join